• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A late hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Greetings everyone!

I'm KatOne - long time lurker, first time poster. I'm from Sweden and I've been mapping increasingly seriously since about 2004-ish. I'd consider myself an emerging JASS user, introducing increasing amounts of JASS into my code. Advanced GUI with JASS optimizations is a good general idea of what one of my triggers might look like.

While claiming no particular mastery, I'd consider myself a decent enough "jack of all trades, master of none" bundled with a wide understanding of general computing and technology. I'm the kind of mapper who comes up with an idea, like "How could a nuke be made for Warcraft III?" or "How could I code a radar?", followed by a long sitdown often resulting in an elaborate PoC.

While this sort of activity is very educational and quite stimulating, it (surprise surprise) hasn't exactly resulted in any large-scale epic projects being finished.

Ah, well. That may change yet. I have lots of ideas and a couple of aces up my sleeve, so i hope that my increasing connection to the Warcraft III community might propel me (and maybe others as well) towards attempting some great maps that people just might enjoy. In the end it's about the fun making maps, and the fun playing maps. Catalyzing our creativity through exchange of ideas is truly what makes Warcraft III mapping worthwhile. While I'm not a beginner in every field, I'll be the first one to say that I've got a lot to learn - and I hope to do so during my time here.

If fate feels inspired maybe I'll be presenting a project or two here later on - and maybe you could improve it? Live and let live.

Also, feel free to contact me about anything, through posts or through PM's - as the situation warrants.

Anyhow, that concludes my attempted introduction. I'm just glad to be on the team!

See you in the threads!

Best regards, KatOne

Status
Not open for further replies.