• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

A idea for forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have a idea for forum: Why not make a forum in spanish, a forum in franÇais, a forum in...?
I not speake english very well, I want a forum for speake in other language

Sorry, my english is very poor

Level 22
This site only supports English/Roman characters. But that hasnt stopped those who speak French, German, Spanish, ect, to post in those languages along with the English speakers in the forums. An alternate language forum might be useful, but I think this site needs to support more texts first. (i.e.e Russian, Asian languages, ect.)
-VGsatomi

Level 6
Yeah, could work out good, but there is a risk that everone will be stuck in their home forum just because they're more comfortable with their language. I don't think there would be much trouble with the letters, most european languages use the english ones (and i don't think darky would add several fonts for a certain amount of people who wants their own forums). Yo hablo español excellente con roman letras. lol I should work harder with my spanish classes :roll:

Level 5
And what about people who are not spanish/french/english/american or not from any other major country?
They won't have their own language forum cause you cannot open a forum for one man... And where will they write? Or you just tell them to go away from the forums and never dream about it?
If i would write for example in an american forum they'll surely tell me to go away with my posts 'cause i'm not american...

But that's better if there are minor other language forums, and a comman forum for everyone in english.

BTW does the forum have Hungarian characters?
öüóõúéûáû (dunno if everyone can see these but in my case it seems it supports it... )

Level 6
I would never post in a swedish forum if there were one, i even enjoy speaking in english rather than swedish. But there are some people with crappy english, and ATM they stay away from the forums because they can't speak english (at least i think they do, i stay away from greece forums because i can't speak greece in example). Now some of them could get another chance by national forums, some wouldn't, simply because this site doesn't support their foreign letters.

Level 5
IMHO english is such a common language, most of the people can speak it at least on a very basic level.
Tho i c the problems of people who don't speak english and still want to talk about Wc3 stuff, but i suggest them to look for a site on their own language, or take english lessons (i think as internet spreads it will be even more important to speak english).

Level 13
just play some warcraft3, and while you play a ums game, try to guess what your openant says, you will maybe learn more. i dont think it would be needed to have alternative languague, since this is a resource site, not an information one, the forums is only an add-on.

im french, but i dont consider it a good choice to split the site into different langagues

Level 13
I'm against multiple languages, simply because we would need mods especially for those forums (I won't translate those posts everytime so I can see what the guy is talking about). One of the reasons oz02 made me a mod was because I'm capable of reading german (because we had some german posts here) and english, so already TWO different languages made it harder to control the forums. And btw, english isn't that difficult :wink:

Edit: Oh, and I forgot, the forums are a add-on to the main part of the page, the resources, so you can discuss problems concerning to the resources and not a small-talk board.

Level 12
Though I don't speak foreign languages myself, I still think we don't need multiple foreign languages for the sake of it. We'd need a lot more moderators depending on the number of languages spoken.

Status
Not open for further replies.