• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] A dummy that knock ups, blocks path, clickable, destroyable and can change pitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
(Note: 1.26 and vJass/Jass) -> Use MemoryHack, so can change effects' rotation and etc.

I need some help with creating a spell. I want a spell that creates a rock (dummy) in the target location. This rock knock-ups targets in the area. After this, this rock blocks path (3d), can be killed, is clickable, is destroyable, can change pitch and can change location. I have a couple of problems:
1. I struggle with making it clickable. In the video I attached, I know that the guy attached an effect to a dummy with animation. I tried the same, but I can't click on it (the dummy does not have the locust ability).
2. My map operates in 3d. My dashes take into account Z of terrain and objects in order to determine whether to dash, but not units. How do I make them consider these types of unit walls/rocks?
3. Another problem is with creating a dummy in the location of the already standing unit in this location. My dummy creates next to the location because of the unit in the location. I thought about turning off the pathing of the units in the location and of the dummy for the time of the knock-up. However, this creates a problem since it would be possible to dash through the rock until the kb is not finished.
4. The last is in terms of knock-ups. I want the units close to the centre of the aoe to be knock-upped. However, when they fall, they need to consider that there is a rock underneath.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.