• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] A debuff aura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi.

I'm currently having trouble creating a debuff aura that makes all units within range of a hero lose mana every second (think Heartstopper Aura from DoTA)

Problem is, i'm totally lost on what i should use as an event or condition etc etc...

anyone mind helping? =D

Level 4
You could use a negative Brilliance Aura.

Yes, i know it's a negative Brilliance Aura, but...how to make it negative?

just type -10 or something?

PS: yes, i don't even know how to do a negative brilliance aura....

EDIT: even if it BECOMES a negative brilliance aura, i won't be able to make the reduction of mana i want....that's why i tagged it as trigger (at least i ASSUME it's a triggered thing)

Level 6
Yes, i know it's a negative Brilliance Aura, but...how to make it negative?

just type -10 or something?

PS: yes, i don't even know how to do a negative brilliance aura....

EDIT: even if it BECOMES a negative brilliance aura, i won't be able to make the reduction of mana i want....that's why i tagged it as trigger (at least i ASSUME it's a triggered thing)

That depends on how you want it. Use Shift-Click/Shift-Enter to make the mana "gain" negative. You can also change the "Percent Bonus" field if you want it relative to their managain or not.

If Brilliance Aura doesn't do what you want, you'll probably have to use triggers yes, there are numerous ways to do this with triggers.

Anyway, checking "File>Preferences>Allow negative real values in the Object Editor" enables you to (most of the times) set negative values in the Object Editor without Shift-Click/Shift-Enter.

Level 4
That depends on how you want it. Use Shift-Click/Shift-Enter to make the mana "gain" negative. You can also change the "Percent Bonus" field if you want it relative to their managain or not.

If Brilliance Aura doesn't do what you want, you'll probably have to use triggers yes, there are numerous ways to do this with triggers.

Anyway, checking "File>Preferences>Allow negative real values in the Object Editor" enables you to (most of the times) set negative values in the Object Editor without Shift-Click/Shift-Enter.

HOLY SHI-

i didn't know that! (stabs self)

+REP foooooooo~

EDIT: don't mind asking, can i ask how to do it WITH triggers? since i love learning =D

Level 11
do every second pick all units in (500 + (100 x level of ability)) range of Aura_Hero matching condition (matching unit is enemy of Aura_Hero) with aura and set picked units mana to (picked units current mana - (1 + (2 x level of ability))).

Set Aura_Hero variable to the hero with aura. I made this so that the level of ability affects the range of aura and the mana lost.
Oh yeah remember to clean up any leaks.

Level 4
do every second pick all units in (500 + (100 x level of ability)) range of Aura_Hero matching condition (matching unit is enemy of Aura_Hero) with aura and set picked units mana to (picked units current mana - (1 + (2 x level of ability))).

Set Aura_Hero variable to the hero with aura. I made this so that the level of ability affects the range of aura and the mana lost.
Oh yeah remember to clean up any leaks.

double +rep fooooo~

thanks, mods can close this here thread now =D

u don't mind putting it in GUI tags? hard to deduce from there...lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.