• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A couple problems ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I want to make a unit with negative flying height, so that half the model is 'buried' beneath the terrain. This work's in theory (as in, I can place the unit in the WorldEdit, and it looks buried) but in practice, (when I test the map), the unit reverts to it's usual flying height of 0.

I have made the unit's flying height -50, minimum flying height -50, movement type = fly, movement speed = 1, turn rate = 0.1. Do I need to use triggers to manually alter the flying height to a negative value? If so, what action allows me to do so? And is it possible in GUI?

Secondly, the item Tiny [Building Name Here], which builds a unit through an item. I have a trigger with the
Event: Hero Uses an Item
Cond: Item is equal to "Build Building X"

What event response do I use to make an action refer to the Building? Or does this item cause the Event: A unit finishes construction to trigger?

Thanks for your time!

Level 4
1) Not sure about the flight height thing, I thought it may be in Gameplay Constants but I couldn't find it there.

2) If I understand you correctly, you're trying to do something to the building when it is finished constructing?

In that case use "Unit finishes constructing"

Level 5
Hey Turilli

I thought it would be in gameplay constants aswell, but couldn't find anything!

And the unit finishes construction works perfectly! +rep

Level 4
I just tested the flight height thing, it worked for me.
Did you remember to set both fields, "Movement - Height" and "Movement - Height Minimum" to your desired height? If either is not set, it will not work.

And if you did remember, did you make sure your unit was considered a flyer?

Level 4
Interesting. Well, my last two thoughts would be, have you enabled negative real values in your editor? If not, go to File - Preferences and check the box.

If you've done that, did you edit your unit from a previous flying unit? If not, try that. I did, only changing two fields and it worked for me in game.

Status
Not open for further replies.