• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SotBRP help, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
hi, i was wondering if you guys could help me. For some reason, every time i host/join a SotBRP map, some kind of glitch happens while loading, and there are purple checkered cubes all around the mountains, city/castle walls, etc.

Am i the only one who has experienced this? Whats wrong with it, and how can i fix this?

helpful replies will be greatly appreciated, ty. :thumbs_up:

Level 2
I have this glitch too, I prefer trying to turn off evry program running in the 'background' If this won't help turn off Warcraft III and turn it on again...
On cityscape terrain in 1.02 they always appear and it won't change becouse theese cubes are caused by the way someone fixed the glitch that was happening before wchich was after you play SotD you get cubes in all other maps, I know im not much of help but noone is going to tell me I didn't tried.

XDraconX

Level 17
Anarki uses Pitzer mikes widgitizer (Map optimizer), which i quoted from a post a few months ago (Dont feel like linking or looking) that it has been proven to have this problem of screwing up doodads.

There is no actual solution other than playing a game pre-. Unless anarki switches to vexorians, WHICH IS BETTER.

Level 2
There is no actual solution other than playing a game pre-. Unless anarki switches to vexorians, WHICH IS BETTER.

This is not true. Vexorian's map optimizer strifes for a lower map size by removing useless WE-only data. While the widgetizer lowers the loading time with huge amount by converting object data to .slk and txt files.

As written in Vexorian's Mapoptimizer Readme:
Map Size Loading Time
Original File 1227 KB 2 min 32.45 sec
Map Optimizer 655 KB 2 min 17.24 sec
Widgetizer 1142 KB 1 min 13.68 sec
Widgetizer+Optimizer 888 KB 1 min 11.25 sec

So you should ask yourself in what situation your map will be before saying one programm is better then the other while they are totaly different.

Level 8
Anarki uses Pitzer mikes widgitizer (Map optimizer), which i quoted from a post a few months ago (Dont feel like linking or looking) that it has been proven to have this problem of screwing up doodads.

we all know it's my evil plan to take over the world with the pink cubes

Level 4
That's why I have to restart my game every time I play SotDRP... So I don't get captured by the evil henchmen of Anarki! :O

Level 4
So that's why he shows so much hate in the game with corpses... of DotA players... *Light bulb turns on*

Status
Not open for further replies.