• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(8)Grids 'n' Gates

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
GRIDS 'N' GATES
Created by ImNoob

Map Info:[/size]]
Goldmines: 8 (and infinite gold)
Other buildings:
1 Tavern
1 Mecenary Camp
1 Marketplace
1 Goblin Laboratory

Easy creep camps: none
Medium creep camps: none
Hard creep camps: 5 in the center
Tileset: Sunken Ruins

Features:
Nothing, just auto-resurrect trees and infinite gold mines.

Screenshots and Videos:

Image Description:
none 'cause i'm busy right now.

Change Log:

Added:
uploaded on Hive!

Credits:

Special Thanks:
-Kobas- for the Map Description - Templates

Myself

Author's notes:

I'm new so if U have suggestions or bug (I'm just kidding, melee maps don't have bugs), just email me at [email protected].

Keywords:
melee, altered melee, wc3, warcraft 3, abcxyz, blah blah
Contents

(8)Grids 'n' Gates (Map)

Reviews
11:09, 21st Aug 2013 Orcnet: review by others
Level 20
Pheww... Pls fix the description and give credit to the Map Description Template and also don't delete the link of Map Description Template of -Kobas-. vote for PENDING

also I'll try your map to review.

Well, I think 1/5 is a bit harsh but this map has some real problems. No expos? No green creeps? I like the concept, really I do, but the execution falls short. First, the gates idea is cool, but they are too easy to break down and nothing slows down the inevitable rush. This map will cause chaos from the beginning and will not permit strategy development. This will cause the player with the best micro and macro to win quickly. The fun of melee play is that sometimes the under-dog can win if he has a unique strategy and finds advantages during play and exploits them. Here, we just have madness. 64x64 will always be too small for 8 players. Maybe... maybe... you can make it work with 4 players and put creeps between each base.

I suggest you do something to slow the rate of gameplay. Reduce the number of players to 2 or 4 and add more tile variation. Stick with your concept, its got real potential, but make it work. Exploit the fun aspects of the grid/gate style, make it pop. Good Luck!!!
+ rep for encouragement!

[edit] oh ya - add screenshots - time is not an excuse - it takes less than 120 seconds - I've timed it... really yes I timed it.