• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

6 Months Late... But uh, Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
Welcome to The Hive Workshop!

PurgeandFire111: How to Import Custom Models was outstanding, Cinematic Contest equally so.

The Hive includes many talented Warcraft III modders (map and resource editors) of all skill levels among its users. New members (especially friendly ones) are always welcome. Take a look around and enjoy your stay, may it be long and productive!

Some good places to start include:Searching the site using the above link always helps, you can learn a lot that way: just reading and learning is usually the best place to start, especially if one feels overwhelmed.

Likewise, the tutorials can really teach ALL of us a thing or two.

The chat room is cool: lots of people can answer questions there.
  • A few other tips that might help too:
    • Always search first! Did I already mention THAT? :grin:
    • When creating a new thread, make the title VERY specific: so the site's search engine (and we users) can easily understand just what the thread contains.
    • Post your new threads in the proper forum: read the descriptions of each one so that you know what to post there.
    • If all else fails, just send me a private message! I'll try to do whatever I can to help.

[off-topic] What has CHUNK been up to anyway?

[highlight]I keep forgetting to bring this to your attention111[/code]

Improvement on Resource Search
Wolverabid said:
It's unfortunate that you feel this way. If you leave after so short a time, the loss will be yours and THW's as well.

My remarks in that thread were directed primarily at brad, who is a long-time member and should know better than to start flaming a user (especially a new one) merely for stating his or her opinion.

I am a big believer in forgiveness and try to avoid hasty action. I hope that you will reconsider your decision, ignore hostile remarks by other users and contact me further if you have any questions.

I apologize for any misunderstanding: I am, in fact, in YOUR corner on this particular issue.

Warmly;

CHUNK said:
In my posts, I haven't said anything inflammatory, rude, or off-topic - which, unless I can't read correctly is "better organization of the resource section" - not specifically the search function. My posted request dealt directly with how the resources section is currently organized. At no time did I express any impatience and the response was far from a cordial "that has been suggested before and we are already working on it," which would have satisfied me.

Instead, I was insulted by a moderator and reprimanded by another for expressing surprise at that type of response.

I'm no longer interested in being associated with this site or the forums. Please remove my account and my resources from this site. If you don't have this power, please forward this message to someone who does. I will also remove the thread from my clan's forum directing people to consider this site as a potential resource.

Thanks.
CHUNK was obviusly a bit put off. I replied to his PM and also sent him an e-mail copy: he ignored both.

Interestingly enough:
Code:
Last Activity: Today 08:32 PM
Let's hope that he's cooled down a bit and will become active: he's welcome any time!

[edit]
I don't even know who Chunk is... and why post this in an Intro. thread? confused
When PurgeandFire111 submitted How to Import Custom Models, I worked with him to develop it. Check the tut: CHUNK also proof read and edited that document (long before I ever did).

Last edited:
@ChaosOverlord: Rofl... That made me laugh. :grin:

@SuPa-: Yup, it's my Custom User Title on the TH. btw, the video won't start... But I saw it before believe it or not. :smile:

@Wolv: Thanks.

Lol.. CHUNK has two posts... He probably didn't see the PMs, or maybe he just didn't reply or want to...

@Supa-:

Please Read: :smile:
Wolverabid said:
When PurgeandFire111 submitted How to Import Custom Models, I worked with him to develop it. Check the tut: CHUNK also proof read and edited that document (long before I ever did).

My tutorial was previously on M'n'M, I registered on M'n'M and wc3sear.ch on the same day, I think.

CHUNK is the Tutorial Forum Moderator and he approves tutorial, so he is the one that cleaned and modified that tutorial. I became active on TheHive after I became active on the M'n'M, then TH... My old tutorial cleaned by CHUNK was this one.

CHUNK is currently well active on the M'n'M, but I only post and log on every now and then.

Just a little info. and history. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.