• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(4)Tropic Rain

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
this is a tropic beach type of map with a flowing river in the middle and it is raining
there are 8 creep camps
4 other gold mines in the center left/right and in on the top/bottom that players can fight over
a hero tavern the the middle
i would like to thank Moon Lord Hawkeye for helping me with this map
i hope you like the 1.1 update

Keywords:
tropic,rain,beach,4 player,meele,
Contents

(4)Tropic Rain (Map)

Reviews
12:42, 12th Jun 2010 Rui: Not even worth looking at. The terrain is ridiculously huge and boring. And I don't know what came over you to import a screenshot into a map. Rejected.

M

12:42, 12th Jun 2010
Rui:
Not even worth looking at. The terrain is ridiculously huge and boring. And I don't know what came over you to import a screenshot into a map. Rejected.

Level 7
Good Map; Bad Description

To Map Creator - I see you are willing to become a famous map maker and are trying to do things right.

So here are a few tips and tricks on how to do things (includes description tips):

First 1: Always be nice to people, even if there not nice to you.

Second: Always have a good preview map cover

Thirdly: Always have a valid description, if you need description help go here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-278/importance-description-127031/#post1117301

Fourthly: Constantly update it and making it better is good, but if you are going to update the map, make sure the update is huge before doing soo. Minor unnecessary changes can annoy people.

Hope I helped and can't wait to see this map scale to even bigger heights,
Lag_Reviews

PS: Good luck with the map and can not wait for the finished project.

Um, shouldn't you be reviewing the map, not giving him hints on how to be nice to people? kazema, this map is quite good but one thing you should do is make more gold mines. There are four players and only two gold mines. It will create more competition, but also it can easily starve out the two other players of resources, which is sorta unfair. However, an exceptional melee map 3.8/5. Keep up the updates, I'll be looking forward to them!
EDIT: Holy shit! I just realised the map size! Reduce it radically! 3mb for a melee game?

Level 4
Seeing as i helped create the map, i feel i am uniquely suited to answer some of these reviews. (Though i just barely helped :p )

First chance i get, i will consult with Kazema on how to reduce file size, and add goldmines. But believe me, if you had seen the map before, you'd be happy it's big. (No offence to Kazema) Half, to three thirds of the trees within this map were non existant in the copy Kazema sent me, so, i filled up most of the empty area's with trees, possibly adding to the large file size.

Like i said, i'll consult Kazema as to what we can do to improve... We live to Serve [/mindless drone]

EDIT: Alternatly, instead of adding more gold mines, we can increase the amount of gold within the mines by default... helps with the file size :D