1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

3rd Person: The Village

Submitted by Drogenhoernchen
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
3rd Person Cam: The Village

Summary:

Follow an ordinary footman in 3rd person view. Venture into a mysterious accursed village and make use of a unique combat system: use intelligent shortcuts: 'Q'= Strike; 'W'=Parry. It's all about timing!

[NOTE: A 2nd Player is not required to play this]

Reveal screenshot

[​IMG]

The combat system:

- When you hit Q the character performs a sword strike damaging any enemy target in front of him.
- When you hit W the soldier raises his shield to block enemy attacks thereby avoiding to be damaged. This move is vital to your survival!

Reveal screenshot

[​IMG]

Atmospheric Features:

- 3rd Person Camera all the way!
- when you are hit by an enemy attack (without blocking all the damage with your shield) the borders of the screen will become blood-red and the camera will be somewhat shaky.
- the ambient music changes when you leave one zone and enter another one. I tried to use music that suited the different places in the map (e.g. forest, village etc)

Reveal screenshot

[​IMG]

Improving your character:

- Left-click special NPC's to talk to them; a dialogue will then pop up and you have some options like improving your combat skills or buying better armor

Reveal screenshot

[​IMG]

Storytelling:

- The world is relatively open and also bigger than you'd expect. While you travel through the map you receive new objectives that lead you into new areas. Along the way new enemys will spawn while other units will change their position.
- You start with a rather simple task and yet your journey through the accursed village will give you entirely new objectives.
- There's quiet a few surprising events during the progress of the story...

ENTER THE VILLAGE...

Keywords:
3rd, third, person, camera, combat, system, village, undead, footman, skeleton, atmosphere, block, parry, necromancer, action, gothic, dark
Contents

3rd Person: The Village (Map)

Reviews
ORCNET"][img] [img] [img]Approved [img] [img] - getting troubles with the undead wandering your garden? then get a closer look with this 3rd Person map!The Village(No Version/s Stated) Rate[c]Score[c]Percent[c]Letter...
  1. [img]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/albumpictures/65/1a741fbdfbc324e088ae4b7bdf7e6a25_65137.gif?dl=1358781786[/img] ORCNET
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    • Approved [​IMG]

[​IMG]
      - getting troubles with the undead wandering your garden? then get a closer look with this 3rd Person map!
    • The Village(No Version/s Stated)

Rate Score Percent Letter
      [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 5/5 91-100 A
      [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 4/5 81-90% B
      [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 3/5 75-80% C
      [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 2/5 70-74% D
      [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 1/5 50-69% F

Overview:

Gameplay

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

"3rd Person: The Village" is a Role Playing Game that sets you as a City Guard and roam the city and its troubling matters with the army of the undead.

"At first the game seems to be like an ordinary questing story such as this person would undergo troubles in the towns hall, getting treasures from monsters, and baring up a title the mass will appreciate, but as the story goes it becomes more and more interesting but as part of the game mechanics its quite a little hard at first as you only rely on 3 poseable skills, the only hard to tap on was the 2nd skill where the unit uses the ability to block range/damage attacks since the game becomes more and more harder by the end of each quest, I suggest you give the 2nd skill's cooldown by 1 or 2 seconds that way facing against a lot of enemies will help the user from getting steady. Another problem is the hotkey of the 3rd Skill, it doesn't work so I end up just pressing the button."

Terrain

"Terrain looks fine and simple even though the default wc3 doodads and textures looks a bit funky in close range, but I had no much problem with the terrain whatsoever but you can improve it by means of giving some part of the map with apply height raising tools and anything that can give up more shape in the ground, some lighting or fog to give more atmosphere in the forest theme."

Management

"To my conclusion, the game is set to be a good addition to the rpg archives, but you do need to adjust those cinematic scenes where the unit is too far away talking with the npc I mean they are like shouting there agendas on how to kill this dude and that you know, another is the quest part where I have to go the location on some part of the game simply give a signal on such quest to prevent the user for having a hard time looking for it, and lastly the quest that lets you kill remaining necrolytes is the problem, I mean I don't know how many more necrolytes I have to kill before the quests end simply make a trigger that will count how many more units that is remaining in the game, since the game has another episode in the making, I guess those improvements will be seen in the next story."

Total Score:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 9/15 80% C
    • Mar/28/2013 [​IMG]

[​IMG] Orcnet
      - has reviewed map

2. Drogenhoernchen

Drogenhoernchen

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    reserved

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  3. Arrr

Arrr

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm interested..
    The description could say something more thought

Edit:
    It really needs a "lock target" comand

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2013
  4. Drogenhoernchen

Drogenhoernchen

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    'lock target command'? You mean like locking an ENEMY target, right? For now I just set the 'unit follow range' to 60 so once u click an enemy your character will walk up to that enemy instead of stoping when still being to far away to hit that unit via 'strike'

5. David

David

Resources:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:
    looks fun from screenshot, the only thing bothering me is that the guard is shorter than the grass XD...

6. Drogenhoernchen

Drogenhoernchen

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah you know the gardener of that place is probably undead

Seriously i'm aware of the bush-scale-problem. I may look into it later. 'till then just remember it's quite a desolated place the hero's visiting there's just noone to cut these bushes ;)

7. David

David

Resources:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:
    but still they are just too big :p I have never ever seen such big bushes xD Also seems fun!

8. Drogenhoernchen

Drogenhoernchen

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I know, I know... we'll see about THAT [straightens tie]

Hey thanks every little note that helps me promote my stuff is welcome!

Also i'll probably upload some screenies of the map with what you call 'normal bushes' ;)

9. David

David

Resources:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Good luck with the map man!

10. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It always look better if you can make a better terrain specially for 3rd person cam maps since you can see the terrain closer than the default war3 cam.

11. Drogenhoernchen

Drogenhoernchen

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Is this about the large-scale grass again? ;)
    ... 'cos apart from that I find my terrain decent enough. I might be wrong though...
    Overall I agree with you but if you say sth like that I'd naturally like to know what exactly bugged you about the terrain.[​IMG]
    Also it's a bit confusing 'cos your statement above is somewhat general so I don't know if you played the map or if you just passed by saying sth general about 3rd person and terrain. If you come by again tell me what exactly I should improve (besides the skyscraper-sclaed grass, that is.)

12. Codric

Codric

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm Up close is doesnt wc3 doesnt look that good but great sistym you got I love it.

13. Drogenhoernchen

Drogenhoernchen

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Good. Thanks!

(mumbles) These f***ing large-scale shrubs...

14. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well yeah those shrubs is one of the problem but I also don't like those huge rocks, floating trees etc. There is no real problem about the terrain it just doesn't look that appealing for me. Well its just me, my taste is a bit high so don't worry others might still found your terrain appealing/acceptable.

15. Drogenhoernchen

Drogenhoernchen

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'll most probably look into the rock/tree thing some time soon. Thanks for the qucik response! And when I say 'qucik' I really mean it... since this is the pending maps' section ツ

16. usfshihy

usfshihy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    After u get that vial for the magician what to do!!!I went to the village and all what I found was Orcs the magician was gone.

17. Drogenhoernchen

Drogenhoernchen

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

Stay calm, I can help you ;) It's NOT a bug!

The Magician is still there. He just had to hide from all those orcs that were roaming about the forest. So you can find him at a new position! I will PM you about how to find him...

I admit the Magician is quite hard to find I may change this so it gets less depressing to search him.

EDIT: alright I decided to upload a screenshot that shows how to find the magician after you return from the castle. I have to warn you, it's kind of a spoiler. I may also change the magician's new position later on as it seems to hard to find...

how to find the magician's hiding place

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  18. usfshihy

usfshihy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I love this map it has a great gameplay like siege on the city or fighting giants and the music change the map is great,a recommended download!!!

19. Drogenhoernchen

Drogenhoernchen

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I will implement an initial training sequence soon so that learning the combat system gets easier.

EDIT: done.

EDIT 2: aaaaand removed again! haha xD

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013