• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

: 25% of life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I want to make an ability just like > Quarter < from FFTA.. so that when you target an enemy it loses 25% of its life (or 50%.. not sure about that yet)
I guess it's pretty easy to do with triggers... but I'm a noob at triggers so... please help :lol:

Level 11
I knew this as Demi and it decreased the life by 25%... So... it is from CURRENT not maximm life. If you want from maximum I'll change the action:

Action - Set Life of (Target Unit of Ability being Cast) to Current Life of (Target Unit of Ability being Cast)*0.75 (this means that the unit receives 75% of its current life... So it loses 25% ;)).

Level 3
Thanks a lot Dealin... i might get myself more familiar with triggers some day :wink:

I asume that I should start with the condition: (Ability being cast) Equal to Quarter?
en then: Actions: Unit - Set life of (Target unit of ability being cast) to 0.75

Thanks fo your help :)

Level 3
I used that one didn't I ? I still have one question;
Action - Set Life of (Target Unit of Ability being Cast) to Current Life of (Target Unit of Ability being Cast)*0.75

well... I couldn't find that underlined part of the trigger.... is that a problem?
and do I have to do anything to activate the trigger or whatever :?:

Level 3
It did work, but the problem is that the target's life isn't reduced by 25%, however the target life is reduced to 1 HP... could someone tell me why :?:

Level 4
Its because uou're telling to set its life to 0.75, which rounds to 1. If you're gonna use a value trigger instead of percent like i said to, then do arithmatic, and for the first value scroll down to unit property and set it to Unit-Current life then for the second value to x0.75. Clear?

Level 8
I can easily help you with this:

Untitled Trigger 001
Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Demi
Actions
Unit - Set life of (Target unit of ability being cast) to ((Life of (Targeted unit)) x 0.75)

Very easy, actually. Just set the base of the ability to any ability that has to target a unit. Understand now?

Status
Not open for further replies.