• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ash'vol Forest

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Ken-E
Ash'vol Forest
Created by IamFootman061

Introduction
Hello, this is IamFootman061. I made this melee map to remove my boredom. I make it connected to Ashtron Realm LORE to make it more cooler. I am planning to make more melee maps connected to Ashtron Realm LORE. Melee map can be easily made so I made this even I have my life problems and sadly, I was not able to fix it yet. I hope I can fix my life problems to work on my current projects.

Informations
Type of Map: Melee
Player Count: 2 Players
Size: 96x96
Gold Mine Count: 6 Gold Mines
Neutral Camp Count: 8 Neutral Camps
Doodads/Destructible Count: 3113 Doodads/Destructibles

Story
Ash'vol Forest is a forest near Ason City. It was the most dangerous forest in the Ashtron because of the ancient creatures live there. Due to these creatures, the undead was not able to destroy it.

Screenshots

234886-albums7007-picture79682.bmp
234886-albums7007-picture79683.bmp
234886-albums7007-picture79684.bmp

234886-albums7007-picture79685.bmp
234886-albums7007-picture79686.bmp
234886-albums7007-picture79687.bmp
234886-albums7007-picture79688.bmp

Changelog

Date/Time:GMT +8 2/14/2014 6:01 P.M.
Version: v.0.1
Upload the Map
Changed:
a. None
Fixed:
a. None
Added:
a. None
Removed:
a. None
----------
Date/Time:GMT +8 2/18/2014 4:39 P.M.
Version: v.0.2
Changed:
a. Change some part of the terrain like the flat terrain, make it more hilly.
Fixed:
a. None
Added:
a. Added 2 Neutral Camps
b. Added an Archway and rocks in the road area
c. Added tavern in the middle.
d. Added some doodads in some parts of the terrain.
Removed.
a. Removed the trees near the road area.
----------

Credits

IamFootman061

Author's Note

Play it together with another wc3 player to make it more enjoyable and cooler. Be sure to check my incoming melee maps as soon as I upload it.

Related Links

Keywords:
Melee, IamFootman061, Forest, Ash'vol, Ash'vol Forest, Ashtron, Realm, Ashtron Realm, The Greatest Dreams, Dreams, Greatest, Warcraft
Contents

Ash'vol Forest (Map)

Reviews
07:33, 15th Feb 2014 Hell_Master: Map Awaiting Update with a rating of 2/5 (Lacking). See SoJ's review and also mine to give you enough information on what to improve: sonofjay's Review and Personal Review [EDITED] Needs more serious work...

M

07:33, 15th Feb 2014
Hell_Master: Map Awaiting Update with a rating of 2/5 (Lacking). See SoJ's review and also mine to give you enough information on what to improve: sonofjay's Review and Personal Review

[EDITED]

Needs more serious work, see my comment.

Level 10
Although it was your point, the terrain is really flat and most moderators and people won't like it. I also like the atmosphere. I have no other comments otherwise.
Looks cool.
Edit: Actually, I saw your goblin merchant buildings guarded with only one mob. What's up with that?

Level 10
I think you didn't download it to see that the map is not flat. If you have time, take a look at it. :) Anyway, ty for the feedback +rep

I don't have Warcraft 3 right now. But if I get it back, I'm sure to test your map.
Well, by your screenshots, It was kinda flat. I guess the center of it was what was looking trapezoid-ish.

Level 30
I like how that it is an open area and you did a good job making an open area type of a melee map. I would suggest you raising some parts by using the Raise and Lower tool but still using Blizzard Cliffs because Raise and Lower tool will be a bad alternative to Blizzard Cliffs due to advantages/disadvantages it can bring up. Also, you should more doodads into some parts and use blizzard cliffs at some points. The map being open area can cause a pretty much fast gameplay which will result in it ending quite fast.

Anyway, expect a full feedback soon and the state of the map.

Level 21
Time for my review! It's a good melee map but still has some terrain issues which are the following:-

- Flatness. I found that the terrain has some flat points. Also I don't get why the left side is hilly while the right one is flat
- The long Dirt/Rough Dirt line separating the two sides doesn't look really good in my opinion and the center of the map is very empty
- The tile variation isn't used badly nonetheless I feel it needs some kind of improvement
- The parts around the starting locations lack of doodads. I see only some trees around them. Not enough my friend

SUGGESTIONS:-
- More hilly terrain in the right side
- In the long Dirt/Rough Dirt line, instead of letting the Rought Dirt be all together, why not spreading it through the Dirt?
- You might consider adding a Tavern in the center of the map instead of leaving it empty
- Add more Shrubs, Bushes, Flowers and Logs around the starting locations nearby the trees
- That may be personal taste, but I recommend using more the tile "Leaves"
- Consider also adding more creep camps. For example, the bottom and top corners of the map

OVERALL RESULT:-
In conclusion, this is a well made melee map which can offer some fun due to the vast playable area. I'll give it 3.5/5, rate 3 and vote for APPROVAL!

Level 28
So this is what a 3.50 melee map this days..

Anyway, here some small stuffs that you can do to improve your map.

Add something between the trees like cliffs or maybe a pond or anything that will make a little bit of pathing block will do, this doesn't simply protect you from tree cutter enemies but will also make your terrain a little better.

Also, stop putting random single trees since they look ugly, try putting them near a cliff, rock, tree stump etc.

Another thing is that dirt road in the middle, can't you do something to make it more appealing? Add more doodads! Arcs, columns and the likes usually do justice on that.

Oh and one last thing, instead of spamming trees on the border putting cliffs will look a lot better.

Overall, its just your everyday melee map, nothing really special but it might entertain a casual for a game or two. 2/5.

P.S.

I think you got hypnotize by people saying "CLIFFS ARE BAD!!! OMG DON'T USE IT!!". Don't believe on them, cliffs do justice if used well.

P.S.S.

Tavern please.

P.S.S.S.

Melee map can be easily made

Lies. Well kinda the true but the quality difference is to obvious for melee mappers like you who takes it easy and melee mappers who spends hours just to provide decent melee maps.

Level 30
I was actually gonna make a review now but seeing SonofJay's review... he pretty summed up all of the things I would say but adding:

The terrain is too flat and even with some little tile variation, it is still lacking some things. I also do think that you should also place blizzard cliffs around the map (preferable, what SoJ said about placing it together with trees).

And maybe you could try adding the taverns at the middle part, middle upper or middle lower part of the map.

I would rate this 2/5, same with SoJ and Awaiting Update. I would really suggest working more into this. Put your heart and soul into this and try making something unique in it, always aspire for your map to be better than the other melee maps here. I am pretty sure that will motivate you as a melee map maker but also as a mapmaker generally.

Level 15
Full Review Emerges

While the map is in no doubt lacking, the layout feels rather fresh. You really need to put more details on the middle, it feels flat and incomplete. You should really add more incentive for the red creeps, suggest you put a marketplace right there.

Blizzard cliffs are really ugly but then again in a melee game, it's useful, I recommend you add cliffs around the map to prevent cutting trees at the boundaries which would make it very ugly.

Overall, I really liked this one, just needs more details.
2/5 for now, if you want your map to be reviewed again VM or PM me. Have a nice day!

Level 30
I've gotta go quick and accurate since pending map is huge right now:

-Map's current space is way off. The usual raiding/scouting performance would be easily be notified since turn points are diagonal, heck even turtling out of this mess is not an option.
-Lumber harvested takes a couple of seconds before reaching a specific lumber mill near trees, this gives NE players advantage and breaks the ice of this map to be called 'balanced'.
-Creeps stored for this map are too strong, 1v1 is meant for a easy go for jungling, and quicker micro work rather than macro in most cases of small 1v1 matches.
-No much terrain work, it doesn't mean it needs to look good, but how the map's performance will be in e.g of cliffs, water levels, doodads blockage etc.

For now, rejected I'd like to see this as good source of practice but in the mean time, do better when it comes to uploading something new.

Put your heart and soul into this and try making something unique in it.

Reminds me of what my girl told me before she started dating 2 men simultaneously.