• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unarmed Old Paladin

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
My first attempt at modeling, this is nothing fancy at all but might help people who (like me) wanted to work with a paladin-esque model without the huge hammer.
Mostly I just removed the warhammer (and accompanying glow) from the Dagren the Orcslayer model. The result can easily be rearmed with any number of weapons using Sphere or some other such ability (and he's one of the few models that will wield something two handed). I've found that this model works pretty well for largish thrown weapons. Just put it in his LEFT hand.
One can make him into a rather interesting wizard as well, throwing two-handed fireballs and using a spellbook for his magic. In short, I didn't do much to the model but the model itself is pretty handy in my opinion.

Keywords:
Paladin, Human, Unarmed, No weapon, Old, Elderly, Mage, Wizard, Knight, Warcraft, Book, spellbook
Contents

Unarmed Old Paladin (Model)

Unarmed Old Paladin (Model)

Reviews
16:32, 8th Jan 2014 Kwaliti: Pretty handy indeed, but the miniscule changes do not warrant the model's place in the resource section. Tell you what - one thing you can do is, if you intend to make a crapton of unarmed models, is to make a...

M

16:32, 8th Jan 2014
Kwaliti:

Pretty handy indeed, but the miniscule changes do not warrant the model's place in the resource section. Tell you what - one thing you can do is, if you intend to make a crapton of unarmed models, is to make a pastebin link which you can stick in your forum signature and that way it's going to be accessible to everybody. We have some submission rules, after all.

Level 21
I don't think that this model will be approved because too small changes have been done which even beginners can do. I vote for rejection.
What to do is making ur model unique, different from others. Perhaps adding a weapon by urself, recoloring some parts and adding new things to the model.

Last edited:
Really unacceptable! When I tried to post something like that, comments were very harsh so remove this until u r in time! Even noobs can do this! 0/5

And you got your revenge now, right?

Though I think the essence of your post is correct. This model does not seem to have been altered enough to be approved.

Level 18
The edit is too minor and anyone can do it within seconds, that's why it's unacceptable. Make something that will turn the model into your own unique creation. Swap textures, add meshes, animations and so on. It doesn't need to be a complete "LOL COSTUM MEZSH COZTUM ANIMATINZ KUZTOM TEXTORES" piece of art, but do make some small changes beside just deleting stuff (which means, ADD something). Blizzard's paladin model is pretty lacking in quality, so almost anything you do will improve it. Good luck.

Level 9
unarmed model could be useful for some people out there.. they can attach any weapon or stuff with their own favor.. but, i don't think this will be approved.. too simple.. you can improve unarmed model with additional custom animation.. Like bow, dual dagger, one handed weapon, shield, and etc... I use Mdlvis to animate... But I don't really animate warcraft 3 model because the bone is so messy..

if you have any question, feel free to pm me..

Level 4
i think its a usefull model, some people might need it and use it i think you should make a pack with unarmed hero ;) good job man next maybe make unarmed mountain king ^^

Level 21
Well, I also thought when I uploaded my first model "An unarmed Blademaster could be useful because people might attach to him whatever they want" and what I received is a vote for rejection and 0/5. So I think too simple models like mine and this one will not be approved because of too small changes.

I've altered my first harsh and blunt post into a new one more constructive.

Last edited: