• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Btnfire

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
FIRE BY ME!!!!!!..............)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Keywords:
Fire_Red_Sun_yellow_etc
Contents

BTNFIRE (Icon)

Reviews
17:28, 13th Sep 2011 Pyramidhe@d: This is just random smudge. I am NOT accepting random smudges.

M

17:28, 13th Sep 2011
Pyramidhe@d: This is just random smudge. I am NOT accepting random smudges.

Level 30
@Midnighters, there's no need to insult other people's work, especially when they spent time and effort to create it.

@Slead, thought the icon looks a bit odd in the big image, what is important is the icon itself - so I give you a rating of 4/5 and reputation. Good luck with approval - and I hope to see more resources from you!

please watch your words,thank you:ogre_hurrhurr:

What did I say that was out of line?

@Midnighters, there's no need to insult other people's work, especially when they spent time and effort to create it.

No where did I insult his work, I simply said that all it is is using the smudge tool.

What did I say that was out of line?

No where did I insult his work, I simply said that all it is is using the smudge tool.

Did you really think we didn't get the tone your statement carried? >_>

As AL said, creating icons doesn't rely on "impressive" larger images. Slead created a neat looking icon for any fire elemental ability, that's all that counts (and I may add: I highly doubt you would ever be able to create realistic looking fire without the use of a smudge tool).

Sure sure, whatever you say.

This is one of the things that annoys me greatly. Your own personal ability at making something does not determine the quality of what you are rating. For example, I've never built a house in my life, but that doesn't change the fact that a trailer is not a good home, even if it is better than anything that I've built.
And, making fire does not require the smudge tool, just as Midnighters said. However, there is nothing wrong with using the smudge tool to make fire, if that is the artist's technique.
Lastly, there is no reason for everyone to bludgeon Midnighters for voicing his personal opinion of the development of this resource. The value of a person's comment is based on their evidence to support it, not how positive their comment is. A person who tells exactly what is wrong with everything, allowing for specific improvement, is more valuable than a person who worships things that are not of good quality.
I personally think this resource is great as an icon, despite the large image itself being a conglomerate of color and smudge.