• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(2)The Four Hills

My first map. Hope you like it!

Keywords:
Melee, Map, Telendrill, The Four Hills, Loarderon Fall
Contents

(2)The Four Hills (Map)

Reviews
11:22, 5th Jul 2008 Rui: A melee map that could use some re-terraining. See my review in post#6. Approved.

M

11:22, 5th Jul 2008
Rui:
A melee map that could use some re-terraining. See my review in post#6.
Approved.

Level 5
Hmm... Four hills but only space for two players. I can see your angle but don't most melee maps use up all side gold mines for players? But then it is a very small map. Perhaps add a goldmine in the middle?

Rui

Rui

Level 41
On the process of testing! I will edit this post when done.

Done. Approved.
Review
[+/-]Creeps are well selected, somewhat. But make sure they are the same on each side, else it might be imbalanced.
[+/-]The green point creeps do not drop anything. The other drops are balanced, I guess.
[+/-]Contains 2 Taverns.
There are two problems, though. You should have added only a single Tavern in the middle, as only Night Elves and Undead can have access to the Mine due to space issues, and delete the other two.
The current location for them is also pretty bad, they're so close to creeps.
[+/-]Terrain is average. You did an average job with varying the ground textures, but still, it is flat. The middle shape itself is pretty boring, but the idea of having two Gold Mines only accessible by Goblin Zeppelins is good.
A major downside is the small space to fight.
[-]There are spaces between trees. I also believe the south player has less trees and space than the north player.

An average melee map, needing a few re-terrainings.
My rating for this resource is 5/10, approximately 3 (Useful).

If you have complains or questions, post in the Map Resource Moderation.
~Thank you for using the Hive Workshop

Last edited:
Level 5
I think you have to make sure the amount of trees and stuff on each side of the map are the same aswell :S

Hellos and Goodbyes

-Thick

Level 2
Thanks for all the comments, it will sure help me improve! I sure need a bit improvement with the terrain edit - by that I also mean how and where to place the grass, dirt, water...

Anyways, it's just my first map and I made it just out of some unskilled basics :). This map wasn't mean't to make a big great thing out of it, so I won't work on it anymore - I'll just make new better maps :).

Last edited by a moderator: