• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

2 save loads in map

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was thinking about the possibility of what a save load system can do and i had an idea where there was 2 teams one alien and one human and it save player experience.

what i want is someone on the alien team reaches a player rank of 4 then the game ends they join the remake and become human but wont be able to load there player level for alien but if they chose to be an alien again they would be able to load visa-versa

Level 14
Save and load systems have the capability of storing any values.
You can simply save the experience, rank and race into your system.

Then when you load the code you simply check what race the player has.
For example if the picked race is human while the load code contains values for the alien race.
You can simply show a text message to the player that the load code is not compatible with the race he chose.

Any save/load system would be capable of doing such a thing.

If you search the forums I'm sure you can find a save/load code system that is relevant to your needs.

If you are unexperienced with Jass I suggest using Ace heart's GUI compatible save/load system, which can be found on thehelper.net.

Level 14
Well you could save the race too, so that would be 2 integers and maybe a string or boolean or w/e.

Status
Not open for further replies.