• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(2)Raging Currents

Reactions: deepstrasz
(2)Raging Currents
Player Suggest: 1v1
Map Creator: Zucth
layout: Secret Valley + Twisted Meadows

222708-2ed717d0292ec567c0c38c8b52be842d.jpg

Map Description:
The water flow from the north down the south, An enemy with sight line cut off by the nasty bridge.

Neutral Building:
6 Goldmines (All-12500)
2 Tavern
2 Goblin Merchant
2 Mercenary Camp -Northern
2 Health Fountain

Creep Camp:
4 Green
14 Orange
2 Red

Information:
-playable size 76x92
-Keep the layout and player distance of secret valley
-Twisted Meadow Mercamp pulling (lab)
-Introduce new idea with bridge (this map is smaller than SV) to create a fast expo but also risky for both players.
-Fast expo range isn't competitive.
-This map were made during the discussion of SV and TM update.

v1.1
- find a better name for this map from Nasty Bridge to Raging Currents
- add one tree at the fountains
Previews
Contents

(2)Raging Currents (Map)

Reviews
mafe
Having looked at this map, there isnt too much that I could mention...... which is good since the map does a lot of things right. The SV influence is recognizable, but I wouldnt have made a connection to TM if not for the description (tbh I still dont...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
Having looked at this map, there isnt too much that I could mention...... which is good since the map does a lot of things right. The SV influence is recognizable, but I wouldnt have made a connection to TM if not for the description (tbh I still dont see it, pulling creeps isnt unique to TM, it also happens on AZ for example).

The most outstanding feature is the rush distance, which unfortunately is too short for it to be balanced at the highest level imo. In the midgame, for once I like the bridges and the choke points which they are creating, to balance the short rush distance. This is also acceptable since this is the only real choke point of the map.
I've talked about the itemdrops before iirc, when in doubt I'd rather remove the night scope due to its gold value.
It's conceivable that one player takes both shops and gets two strong items in the midgame, but if that happens it's the opponents fault for letting it happen.

Overall, a very good map. Approved.