• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

2 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
1-How do i make my own units disobey my orders, while they are attack moving randomley in the map? in such a way that does'nt lead to a lag or an interruption in their mouvement
(units are mouving player owner of unit cant order them to change direction or stop ...)

2-i had a fantastic idea, but i dont know yet how to put it in action. the idea is "loyalty", when the loyalty of a certain unit goes below 30% he changes his owner. The question is: how to represent his loyalty? how to make it vary? and is the new owner selected on his score or there is a better idea?
:eekani:

Level 13
Represent loyalty as mana and trigger it so that everytime something happens, mana is either added or substracted from the unit. When the unit's mana is below 30%, make trigger that changes the unit's owner. I use this as a morale system sometimes.

Level 9
For the second use the units custom value instead of a 100 level ability (simpler and faster). Just use "Unit - Set Custom Value of (someunit) to (Custom Value of (someunit) +/- 1)" and when it's value is over 70 (it starts at 0) the do "Unit - Change Ownership of (someunit) to (another player)"

For the first one, (if you give them all their commands through triggers) give the units the "locust" ability (except I think they might not be able to be attacked then). Ward won't work, because you can still right-click them to places. Also, you could try making a "dummy player" for each player (if the game has 6 or less players) and make the unit change ownership when its created (retain color), then order it to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.