• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2 Questions (completely unrelated)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
1. I'm making a map with many items, most of which have imported icons. Now the problem is that whenever the item icon is supposed to display the DISBTN (like when not in range of a shop, selecting another unit, etc.) the icon goes neon green, even though the DISBTN and BTN versions are imported correctly.

2. Is there any possible way to remove the terrain deformation effect from shockwave? If not it would be awesome if you could tell me either how to make a similar spell or give me a link to one.

Thanks in advance.

Level 2
The only thing that could cause the neon green icon to appear is that you don't have the disabled buttons in the correct place. The icon path should be:
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNiconfilename.blp

and the normal icons should be
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButton\BTNiconfilename.blp

look for typos if you think you've done this correctly already.

Level 6
1. Take a screen shot of your imported files window, we'll be the ones to judge whether they have the correct paths or not :p.

2. It's not possible to remove the deformation. You will need to take the channel spell and do something this

• Events
    • Unit Begins Casting Ability
  • Condition
    • Ability = Channel Edit
  • Actions
    • Create 1 (Shockwave missile) at (position of caster)
    • Order (last created unit) to (move) to (target point of casted ability)
    • Give (last created unit) a (generic timer) of X seconds
  • Events
    • A Unit Comes Within X Of a Unit
  • Conditions
    • Unit = Shockwave Missile
  • Actions
    • Damage (triggering unit)
Where Shockwave missile is the missile art on a unit with locust moving at 522 move speed. That's the downside of course, that the max speed of the missile is 522. This should work though. You're basically simulating the shockwave spell, and because of that, there'll be no terrain deformation.

Just out of curiosity what is the difference between BTN and BTNINV? That might be a cause for the issue.

Thanks flower I'll try that out.

BTN"INV"
INV is a short word for inventory and is usually usen when talking about wow imports, but really dosen't do anything.

And for the Shockwave, you could just modify a Breat of Fire or a Breath of Frost.

Well it seems to be that the icons which don't work properly (the neon green effect) are all BTNINV's and the ones that work correctly are just BTN's.

Instead of thinking "INV" as a part of the path, think it as a part of the icons name...

LIkewise its not BTNINV-Firebolt, but BTN-INVFirebolt

Level 11
I agree with jansiGX. The trigger that flower made is impossible to be made because Unit - Unit within range is a specific unit event so u would have to select a unit already on the map. Please dont say sumthin when you dont know what your talking about

Level 15
I agree with jansiGX. The trigger that flower made is impossible to be made because Unit - Unit within range is a specific unit event so u would have to select a unit already on the map. Please dont say sumthin when you dont know what your talking about

Wrong. I have a trigger just like this. Save the unit in a variable after creation and re-use it in the second trigger.

Level 11
Ok dont say im wrong when you are wrong. You cant use a variable for specific unit events. There is a way to do it but you must use the Trigger - Add new event. Then u can do something like Add to *trigger* the event - A unit comes within 100 range of (Last created unit). That is the only way to do it besides selecting a preplaced unit on the map. Once again... dont say stuff that is incorrect.

Level 15
Oh really?

• ]Vacuous Buddha Slash
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Vacuous Buddha-Slash
    • Actions
      • Set Asakura_Yoh = (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Create 1 Vaccuous Buddha-Slash for (Owner of Asakura_Yoh) at (Position of Asakura_Yoh) facing (Facing of Asakura_Yoh) degrees
      • Set VacuousBuddhaSlashCaster = (Position of Asakura_Yoh)
      • Set VacuousBuddhaSlash = (Last created unit)
      • Set VacuousBuddhaSlash_Target = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Trigger - Turn on Vacuous Buddha Slash Damage <gen>
      • Trigger - Run Vacuous Buddha Slash Group Removing <gen> (ignoring conditions)
      • Wait 1.50 seconds
      • Unit - Remove VacuousBuddhaSlash from the game
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_VacuousBuddhaSlash_Target)
      • Trigger - Turn off Vacuous Buddha Slash Damage <gen>
  • Vacuous Buddha Slash Damage
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.03 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Move VacuousBuddhaSlash instantly to ((Position of VacuousBuddhaSlash) offset by 20.00 towards (Angle from VacuousBuddhaSlashCaster to VacuousBuddhaSlash_Target) degrees)
      • Set DamageUnitGroup = (Units within 260.00 of (Position of VacuousBuddhaSlash) matching ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Asakura_Yoh)) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is in AlreadyDamaged) Equal to False)))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in DamageUnitGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause Asakura_Yoh to damage (Picked unit), dealing ((Real((Level of Vacuous Buddha-Slash for Asakura_Yoh))) x ((Real((Strength of Asakura_Yoh (Include bonuses)))) + (Real((Agility of Asakura_Yoh (Include bonuses)))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
          • Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to AlreadyDamaged
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_DamageUnitGroup)
  • Vacuous Buddha Slash Group Removing
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Wait 3.00 seconds
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in AlreadyDamaged and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit Group - Remove (Picked unit) from AlreadyDamaged
      • Trigger - Turn off Vacuous Buddha Slash Group Removing <gen>
Third trigger can be used in the first one correctly just by taking the actions and putting them into the trigger. I just never felt like doing that.

And I know what you're saying is right, but the triggers the other guy gave were incorrect and there is a way to do it.

NINJA EDIT

Level 8
En_Fuego is right. it can be triggered but if you don't have a specific need better use Carrion Swarm.

Also
  • Unit - Move VacuousBuddhaSlash instantly to ((Position of VacuousBuddhaSlash) offset by 20.00 towards (Angle from VacuousBuddhaSlashCaster to VacuousBuddhaSlash_Target) degrees)
you make 66 leaks per second :grin:

Level 15
I know. I made the spell like 6 years ago and haven't touched it since. If you want to fix it, feel free. I have long since retired the map.

EDIT: And there's more leaks in there than just that one line. Lol I remember playing this map...someone would cast a spell and everyone would lag out lol. Back when WC3 was awesome.

Level 6
I admit I was wrong, but I was trying to restrict myself to a simple trigger, I apologize. There's no reason to say I don't know what I'm talking about, though. Chill. I would have realized it if that guy had posted again.

I can't believe I didn't think of carrion swam though... oh yeah, there's a problem carrion swarm. Don't units hit by that always have that shadow art effect regardless of the art edit? Something buggy about that spell if I recall... and would editing breath of fire yield good results? It makes a cone, not a line?

Level 6
I admit I was wrong, but I was trying to restrict myself to a simple trigger, I apologize. There's no reason to say I don't know what I'm talking about, though. Chill. I would have realized it if that guy had posted again.

I can't believe I didn't think of carrion swam though... oh yeah, there's a problem carrion swarm. Don't units hit by that always have that shadow art effect regardless of the art edit? Something buggy about that spell if I recall... and would editing breath of fire yield good results? It makes a cone, not a line?

Well I'm using carrion swarm now, and its fine. I haven't noticed the shadow thing that you speak of yet, however I'll keep an eye out.

Status
Not open for further replies.