• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(2)Candlestick Gallery v1.1

(8)Candlestick Gallery
Player Suggest: 1v1
Theme: Underground City
Map Creator: Zucth

classic:
230572-1b5fa85a0bf39504a2303f6d74cd81ab.jpg

reforged:
237973-0377d8368b25d71111a89a093a6fa049.jpg

Map Description:
A Mewkat purr with her deep voice rang through the hallway make who ever pass by fell under the terror of cuteness.

Neutral Building:
6 Goldmines (All-13000)
2 Tavern
2 Goblin Merchant
2 Mercenary camp -L.Winter

Creep Camp:
6 Green
12 Orange
4 Red

Information:
-close first red spot that drop c4 but also a dead end.
-a gate block enemy from fast enter your easy expo.
-middle ring route create a choke hard to fight over shop or push.
-a lot of open space around for a big fight.
-some dead end near the safe place behind expo

-v1.0 upload to Hive
-add reforged + some doodad fix
-v1.1 add lab (due to balance issue after a few thought) + space & tree for lab wisp and farm. Far expo replace ice high priest(frost armor issue) with forest high priest reskin. middle camp wolf 2-1-1 itemdrop from pw1 -> p1

Creator Note:
-I just wanna do a full underground theme.
-I want a map that has 4 red spot cause in the first place I intend to make this map for custom building.
-Spiral Knight game reference (Candlestick Keep area)
Previews
Contents

(2)Candlestick Gallery (Map)

(2)Candlestick Gallery v1.1 (Map)

Reviews
Remixer
Review - Candlestick Gallery (Version March 14th 2023) Description: Candlestick Gallery is a pristine, winter-themed melee map for two players. The openness of the battlegrounds supports larger fights with a lot of room for maneuvering around Terrain...
Level 26
You like Ice Dungeon tileset as I see!
I like every tile set that no body use especially red tile like dungeon/black citadel. Outland is too barren to work on xd
Man, you're a light speed fast neural machine.
not really it just got stack up. I just decide to finish it. If you see like 10 maps under going in my folder u will understand why. lol

Level 7
There are 2 maps uploaded. I tried the right one.
Absolutely beautiful in terms of everthing. Creep spots, creep balance, item balance... Gold mine expansions may look closer to enemy's base but it's not. I tested the map a couple of times. Pure piece of art. 🧙‍♂️
What is that "market" building in the top and bottom of the map for?

This map is for sure a nominee to be on ladder next season.

Level 26
There are 2 maps uploaded. I tried the right one.
Absolutely beautiful in terms of everthing. Creep spots, creep balance, item balance... Gold mine expansions may look closer to enemy's base but it's not. I tested the map a couple of times. Pure piece of art. 🧙‍♂️
What is that "market" building in the top and bottom of the map for?

This map is for sure a nominee to be on ladder next season.
That market was there to fill the emptiness 😅 I was also think about lab or marketplace at the first but feel like it's didn't fit with the game-flow so I leave that empty. If it was too much eye catching I would like to change it to the throne instead lol. Also it won't be in the ladder near next season list. Because there are a piles of it. You can pay a visit at MMC to see all the list that we have discuss. You would likely to see this map in some ATR cup next next season I believe. :wink: ATR cup is also one of the place that test some candidate 1v1 map.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Review - Candlestick Gallery
(Version March 14th 2023)
Description: Candlestick Gallery is a pristine, winter-themed melee map for two players. The openness of the battlegrounds supports larger fights with a lot of room for maneuvering around
Terrain: The terrain looks clean and fresh. The blending of the tiles is very pretty and you have utilized the Underground tileset skillfully. Very good job. There could be some more decorative doodads, especially in the more empty areas, but this can be difficult with the chosen tileset - I wonder if you could decorate the empty-looking areas with the object skinning function?
Layout: The layout is properly mirrored, giving both players equal standings for the gameplay. All the objects are also mirrored, leaving no objectives to be contested which can slow the gameplay. This map has resources to support longer games, with both players having dual expansions. The Marketplace - Goblin Laboratory difference between the versions can change the flow of the game, though only in the later game, as the objectives are quite heavily guarded. I wonder how practical the Goblin Laboratory is as the game progresses quite far until you can use it.
Creeps: The creeps fit their surroundings thematically. Their scaling in power and the strength of the item rewards seem very appropriate, with very minor differences between the versions. The strong drop (P3+PW1) from the central expansion mines is interesting and will encourage take them fast.
Gameplay: The gameplay functions, with lots of creeps and item drops available. As the objectives are placed individually for each player, there is little force to push players to clash against one another early. The early creep camps are also placed between the players, meaning that possible harass is slightly disencouraged by the imminent presence of the defender's army.

Recommendations:
-