• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
The bug about Horn of Insight is already known for a long time.I think Zwiebelchen will fix it in 1.2A(8).

About the 2nd "bug": Not only in d3, a maximum of 5 players can enter the dungeon, it is the same for d1 and d2 too. Zwiebelchen set the maximum amount of players for one dungeon to 5, because every dungeon would be too easy with 6 players.

Level 2
I don't think that limitation comes from a matter of difficulty, even for the first time going in with the appropriate level; it's simply that -qi only allows for 7 portraits to be displayed (you+backpack+material bag+4 other mates), and thus only 5 chars to be healed/buffed/cared for/saved in time without having to permanently hit alt key looking for the right health bar. Just to avoid stupid deaths, actually. "Damn, sry, u weren't even on -qi, thought we were only 5" (happened dozens of times in fights against foothills worldbosses).

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I simply felt that 5 characters would be the optimal amount of players in a dungeon. It's simple as that. 5 is the magic number.

I just set the number of possible players to 6 because its useful in several occasions. It allows for one player to be afk, for other people hosting the game that don't actually want to play it, etc..
6 player limit was just for convenience reasons.

All boss encounters are also balanced for 5 players.

Level 2
Oh, my bad then, could that mean a potential increase in the number of portraits -qi could display? And if so, would the additional portrait fit in bottom left, since the inactive worker shortcut icon (f8) isn't used so far?

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Oh, my bad then, could that mean a potential increase in the number of portraits -qi could display? And if so, would the additional portrait fit in bottom left, since the inactive worker shortcut icon (f8) isn't used so far?
This is not possible. It's one of those limitations of WC3 you can not change without modifying the exe.

Status
Not open for further replies.