• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1v1 Melee map: Floes of Abyss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello there, all Hive Workshop dwellers and lurkers!

This is my first publicly submitted map. I have some map making experience, I have made some melee maps and maybe one or two, ehr, non-melee maps, and I have got a vast amount of tiny projects, maps and thingies lying in the recycling bin - they have already served their experimental purpose >8D

The map itself is a 1v1 battle taking place in the Outlands, in a landscape full of floating islands and waygates connecting them together. Both players have one expansion each and access to a Goblin Merchant and Goblin Laboratory.
The Merchant is guarded by a level 14 creep camp and the Laboratory is guarded by a whopping level 24 spawn camp, due to the game altering changes Zeppelins cause on this map.
Both players have access to two level 9 creep camps, one which is close to the player and one which is quiet a long way from the starting locations, but has a clear path.
Oh, and by the way, the map is perfectly symmetrical.

Comments and critics are welcome, especially critics. If you find lots of flaws in my map, please take your time to write them down :D
I am open for improvement on all fronts, both gameplay improvements and terrain improvements, so don't feel like you have to be extra kind to me just because I am a newbie. I would gladly see all flaws pointed out :D

Sincerely,
snorsorbet

Attachments

• (2)FloesOfAbyss.w3x
    108.8 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.