• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(11)Ent Waltz

(11)Ent Waltz v1.03
Suit For FFA
Theme: Village
Map Creator: Zucth

reason is: No one do 11 Players map so I do one and try to start with 11 polygons and somehow make it different.

Neutral
Building:
21 Goldmines
2 Goblin Merchant
2 Barren Mercenary Camp
4 Tavern
3 Goblin Lab
1 Black Dragon Nest

Creep:
Green = 14
Orange = 19
Red = 18

Story: Mr.Goblin Sapper had start his journey long ago, and found this place recently. He write a note of this place when he met those Ent.

1.03 - ally condition back to normal, remove some of units vision. fixed some doodad + doodad gap[still exist]. Some creep camp which is still trouble and not standard.
Previews
Contents

(11)Ent Waltz V1.2 (Map)

Reviews
mafe
This is a nice map, but it still has severa of the usual issues: -Main buildings spawn too far away from some goldmines. -Not enough trees near some main bases. -Imbalanced itemdrops. -Large gaps betweens some doodads/trees. -Creeps at expansions on...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
This is a nice map, but it still has severa of the usual issues:
-Main buildings spawn too far away from some goldmines.
-Not enough trees near some main bases.
-Imbalanced itemdrops.
-Large gaps betweens some doodads/trees.
-Creeps at expansions on reduced target acquisition range.
-Creep facing in weird directions (but this is negligible compared to the other stuff).

Please fix the majority of these issues. Until then, amp set to Awaiting Update.

Level 26
This is a nice map, but it still has severa of the usual issues:
-Main buildings spawn too far away from some goldmines.
-Not enough trees near some main bases.
-Imbalanced itemdrops.
-Large gaps betweens some doodads/trees.
-Creeps at expansions on reduced target acquisition range.
-Creep facing in weird directions (but this is negligible compared to the other stuff).

Please fix the majority of these issues. Until then, amp set to Awaiting Update.

1. Fixed that
2. I add more tree on every base then (but I kinda confuse cause I already done some calculation on every base to has the same amount of the trees)
3. Can you explain more of where?
4. Large Gaps? In base area right? if that I fixed that
5. I change some out and bring range in, maybe will fixed again cause right now I feel that it's a bit weird.
6. Fixed that!

Thx.

Last edited:
Level 6
  1. Starting positions are too close for FFA. Of course, noone says 11 player map must be played strictly by 11 players. But anyway close spawn positon is possible and it's gonna be annoying.
  2. Starting positions are too close to expansions. Guards seem really strong, but acctually can be killed with just AM, 2 footies and 5 militia.
  3. Neutral Passive units are hard to distinguish from Neutral Hostile.
  4. Use Goblin Shipyard. Other shipyards don't have minimap icon.
  5. It could've been a 4v4 map, but you've altered ally priorities and the map isn't suitable for team games anymore. Me and my poor AIs: Screenshot
  6. Canopy trees aren't balanced.

Level 26
  1. Starting positions are too close for FFA. Of course, noone says 11 player map must be played strictly by 11 players. But anyway close spawn positon is possible and it's gonna be annoying.
  2. Starting positions are too close to expansions. Guards seem really strong, but acctually can be killed with just AM, 2 footies and 5 militia.
  3. Neutral Passive units are hard to distinguish from Neutral Hostile.
  4. Use Goblin Shipyard. Other shipyards don't have minimap icon.
  5. It could've been a 4v4 map, but you've altered ally priorities and the map isn't suitable for team games anymore. Me and my poor AIs: Screenshot
  6. Canopy trees aren't balanced.
1. I agree with that but by following the 11 polygon there is no way to put it further than this size... Or you have a balance map for 11 players? U can tell me then.
2. Yep, and that's one of my decide. you will be crush if you can't defeat the nearest enemy, or you will be crush anyway from both side. My word is that "Luck are on of your strategy". [Creeps]Yeah I know that it is too easy I will change that this soon.
3. Did you mean the human building and unit?
4. Yep I know that, but I want to make it stay as a building, In this map I have no intention to use a boat anyway.
5. Yes I want this map to be FFA and I want more challenge by adding a random position in, so even you want to be close to your friend in friend match you can't.
6. Why? Let me say explain about this first, I use a Canopy tress casue this map didn't have much of space around the base area. So I use the small one to make the balance of the number of trees up around 185-191.

- And if you wanna asked why the map isn't balance like between some position are large some are small. I hope you check out the "11 Polygon" picture. so you can say that it is not that much symmetry.

Sorry if I did something wrong here.

Level 6
1. I agree with that but by following the 11 polygon there is no way to put it further than this size... Or you have a balance map for 11 players? U can tell me then.
You can use something that block pathing. So locations are close, but there is enough walking distance.
3. Did you mean the human building and unit?
Mostly units, structures are okay for me.
5. Yes I want this map to be FFA and I want more challenge by adding a random position in, so even you want to be close to your friend in friend match you can't.
This doesn't create more challenge in regard to FFA as starting positions are always randomized.
6. Why? Let me say explain about this first, I use a Canopy tress casue this map didn't have much of space around the base area. So I use the small one to make the balance of the number of trees up around 185-191.
Because with canopy trees tree line moves slower.