• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

10000 gold = 1 wood... How?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I think I know the basic in creating this map, though I'm not able to make it work.
I want it so that when I reach a specific amount of gold it turns into one wood and so on. And when I buy stuff I want it so that the wood disapers and left are the gold that was over from what I was buying.

Can someone give me the triggers to this?

Level 6
here is the trigger for getting wood:

Events
Player - Player 1 (Red)'s Current gold becomes Greater than or equal to <X>

Conditions

Actions
Player - Add -<X> to Player 1 (Red) Current gold
Player - Add 1 to Player 1 (Red) Current lumber

well, and for the buying thing why dont you make the items cost the correct amount of lumber? that would make the other trigger useless and you save map-size and reduce laggs during game. :wink:

Level 6
no i meant add gold function. and adding a negative <x> means subtract the amount of gold. i understood it so that if one has 1000 gold change the gold into one lumber. well and what my trigger should say is: if a player has 1000 then subtract 1000 and add one lumber. :?

Level 3
Well, it's rather difficult to set it specific so it will go evenly out. I can't set it so it cost just 10000g or 1w and so on. I got for example a greater poition of mana that cost 1.500. How do I reduce so that I take it from the lumber and also from the gold? I need the tansfer between wood to gold.

Thank you for the gold to wood trigger though. ^^

Level 6
hm... have you checked in object editor in items section where you can set the gold-cost that you can also make that it costs wood too??? i think there should be a field where you can set this.

Status
Not open for further replies.