• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

10 Hero Siege: WotLK v1.4

Reactions: Wc3Bestfanalsosc2

Wummy Presents
10 Hero Seige: Wrath of the Lich king
Created by Wummy

Map Info:

Want to play a classic, epic Hero Siege like from the good old times, but created with new, original ideas, lots of humor that will make you laugh, fantastic visual effects, many different heroes to choose from, and challenging bosses to fight? This is what you've been looking for!

This is a map based off of the classic 10 Hero Siege maps. This map was originally called 10 Hero Siege Felwood v6.0 by Fireeater, which was released many years back. He has long since stopped mapping, and I've taken over for him. All 10 Hero Siege maps out there are based on open source 10 Hero Siege maps. Fireeater's map was open source. I've remade the whole map, everything from triggers to creeps, heroes, and items.

Credits to model makers and beta testers are listed under Quests (F9) in-game.

Features:

-36 heroes, each of them unique from one another, many of them with triggered spells.
-Ultimate spells unique to each hero.
-Over 100 items to choose from.
-Custom models, attachments, and effects.
-Difficulty selection.
-Many cinematics.
-Very epic boss fights.
-Secrets and quests throughout the map for you to discover.
-Upgradable friendly computer units. Watch them blast your enemies away while giving you the bounty!
-Minigames.
-Item Combination system.
-Camera zoom-out and zoom-in.
-Attachments (For example, picking up the item Frostmourne will actually show your character holding it).
-Custom epic loading screen
-Many special effects (for your visual stimulation :thumbs_up:).

Objectives:

-Start out by picking from one of 36 different heroes, each with unique skills. These heroes range from Warcraft 3's heroes, to models and characters from Dynasty Warriors, Star Wars, Angels, Lord of the Rings' heroes, Diablo 3 and so on.

-Defend the base and destroy the Lich King's armies and bosses together as a team or by yourself, level up, power up with tomes and obtain epic items.

-Battle all the way to The Frozen Throne and destroy it.

-Although this is a "10 Hero" Siege, it is easily playable by a single person on an easier difficulty.

Screenshots:

183851-albums4057-picture102468.png

Zombies protecting a graveyard

183851-albums4057-picture102467.png

The secret area for gathering loot

183851-albums4057-picture102462.png

Your Allies for the epic fight

183851-albums4057-picture102463.png

The spooky graveyard. What awaits you there?!

183851-albums4057-picture102464.png

Hero Selection! More than 36 to choose from!

183851-albums4057-picture102465.png

The final bosses and the frozen throne!

183851-albums4057-picture102466.png

The crystal of life and your base!

183851-albums4057-picture102486.png

183851-albums4057-picture102483.png

Change Log

v1.4
-Added even more terrain modifications
-Buy new hero does not cause your old hero to disappear anymore
-You can now skip cinematics in higher difficulties
-Added a secret cinematic ending on higher difficulties
-Fixed many bugs and glitches
-Added several new unique skills to bosses
-Fixed cinematics
-Tweaked many balancing problems

-Revamped some terrain, and added many, many doodads and destructibles to make terrain look less dull and flat
-Edited several hero's skills to make them balanced
-Fixed some text descriptions
-Overall much better visuals for the map

v1.2
-One New Hero
-Old Hero Ability remakes
-New PvP System
-Now you can trade Lumber for Gold and vice versa
-Fixed many bugs and glitches
-Fixed several hotkey issues and countless typos.
-Several terrain improvements
-Arthas now looks cooler, along with Bloodmage
-Reduced map loading time
-Made countless balance changes
-Improved descriptions of many skills and items
-New cinematic texts

v.11d
-Terrain improvements
-New items
-New skins and attachments
-One new hero
-Fixed many typos and hotkey errors
-More balancing of heroes and creeps
-Fixed many ability description errors
-New events that trigger once you complete certain objectives
-Changed ally and enemy hero death notifications
-More commands. See F9 in-game for full list.

v1.1c
-Creeps now no longer "return" to their spawn points after casting spells
-Made some spells MUI
-Added some new visual effects and hero death visuals
-Balanced creeps and ultimates of heroes
-Tweaked many spells, especially Beastmaster's summoned monsters' attack, armor and attack speed
-Fixed some glitches in cinematics
-Fixed events that ran in with minigames
-Fixed some hotkey errors

Author's notes:

-To fix all the bugs and glitches that I've missed out.

-To further balance the game.

-More Items and recipe combinations

This map is all about having fun and laughs! This map does NOT follow Warcraft lore to the word, but has many of its characters in it.

This map is in beta stage. Pretty much I've tried to beta test it with myself and a few of my friends as much as possible, but of course we can't catch all the glitches and bugs. So I'm really looking forward to reviews and suggestions. They are greatly appreciated.
If I have not included your name under the Credits section (F9) in-game, please let me know and I will include it.

Credits:Kwaliti, UDrogue, Tranquil, Archangel_IncarnationofRedemption, Freddyk, Fireeater

Keywords:
funny, humor, hero siege, siege, star wars, Lich King, Arthas, castle defense, defense, cool, fun, epic, classic, hero defense, hero, WotLK, crazy, Wr
Contents

10 Hero Siege: WotLK v1.4 (Map)

Reviews
30 October 2015 SCN: Map approved. See my comment.
Level 3
Thanks so much for the continued support. I will update this map soon, I'm just finishing up my final exams these 2 weeks. I guess the map will be approved "in time" hehe.
Got any ideas for the map? I'd love suggestions. Any ideas will be fine, they might trigger some idea in my head too, so just give me all the ideas any of you have!

2152561318_b1b33b2d16.jpg

*Leaks:
  • No Entering Arena
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Homes In Region <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Not equal to Dodgemaster
          • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Not equal to Player 12 (Brown)
        • Then - Actions
          • Camera - Pan camera for (Triggering player) to (Center of LL Good Spawn <gen>) over 0.00 seconds
          • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Center of LL Good Spawn <gen>)
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Triggering unit) using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\Blink\BlinkCaster.mdl
          • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
          • Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: You may not enter t...
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
Store the region where the unit is supposed to go in a point variable, then make him move to the variable and afterwards:
Custom Script - call RemoveLocation(udg_VARIABLENAME)
*Terrain lacks doodads, very empty
*Randomly placed items on the ground?
*Uh what the heck?
attachment.php

Nice of you to also post the non protected file, allows others to learn from your triggers.

I've played this several times on battle.net, a very classic defense map and I just love it. The map just needs some more improvements to make it even better.

Attachments

• 4.PNG
    4.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 876
Level 3
Thank you very much for your feedback! I appreciate it very much!
I don't know about you, but I once tried putting more doodads on the terrain, but I felt that they didn't really "fit" into the map. Maybe I'm just a horrible terrainer xD
O if anyone else feels they can help with the terraining, let me know!

Yeah the top right corner of the map is really random haha. I just decided to put something bright and flashy in that corner =D

I will fix that leak in the next release. Thank you very much for pointing that out. Sorry, have been busy lately and haven't got time to work on the map properly.

Btw, whats with the picture of that cat? Hehehehe

Level 3
Ok, updated the map. Did what VengeanceKael suggested.
And to Kobas, or any other moderator, can you please at least tell me why my map was rejected? Thank you! Constructive criticism is always welcomed.

Last edited:
Level 32
Yay! Thanks so much! Let me know what I need to do to get it approved!

I'm very confused about the map. I played it two days ago with a few others and we don't get how this is better than the original 10 hero siege skeleton land at all. It's different yeah, but different in the most unoriginal way - the same recycled spells on multiple heroes. Some of the spells aren't even proper (i.e. the "custom" impale ones). Different bosses that aren't really different. The terrain and visuals still aren't up to standard despite the few custom models.

While I do believe you when you say its open source, you have to follow the uniqueness rule. The key points are radically different or noticeable bug fixes.

Is it possible you can tell me all of what's notably different and improved? Right now it just seems like an extremely minor spin-off like the many DotA rips. I did read your whole description but I think you need so explanation on those things.

Level 3
I'm very confused about the map. I played it two days ago with a few others and we don't get how this is better than the original 10 hero siege skeleton land at all. It's different yeah, but different in the most unoriginal way - the same recycled spells on multiple heroes. Some of the spells aren't even proper (i.e. the "custom" impale ones). Different bosses that aren't really different. The terrain and visuals still aren't up to standard despite the few custom models.

While I do believe you when you say its open source, you have to follow the uniqueness rule. The key points are radically different or noticeable bug fixes.

Is it possible you can tell me all of what's notably different and improved? Right now it just seems like an extremely minor spin-off like the many DotA rips. I did read your whole description but I think you need so explanation on those things.

Thanks for the reply!
First of all I would like to point out all other 10 hero siege maps are boring heroes, fight up the lane, beat up 5 bosses or so and kill the black citadel. I've played so many of them and I love them so that's why I decided to make a really special one, with cinematics, more bosses, more units, more shops and items, terrain changes, upgradeable friendly units, rescue system, game difficulty selection, minigames, PvP system, secrets, and much more. I think the map is original.
I cannot seem to find the "10 hero siege skeleton land" you are talking about. If you could link me that map, I'd like to see it, because I have not seen a 10 hero siege map even remotely similar to mine except for the basic terraining.
The map I based this map off of only had around 50 easy triggers, namely the initialization, hero selection, friendly unit spawn, enemy unit spawn, and victory conditions. I've made around 150 complicated ones that make the map much more interesting. There are cinematics, minigames, etc etc. I don't see how this is a "minor spin off like the many DotA rips".
I hope you do play the map on a higher difficulty, as there are more interesting things that trigger on higher difficulties.
As for the terrain, I think it's enough for this type of defense map. I don't value terraining as much over the other aspects of the map such as the gameplay.
Let me know specifically what I can fix to make it better.
Thank you very much for looking over my map!

Level 32
As this gets approved, it'll be the only 10 Hero Siege map up on Hive. It does pay homage to the classic, age old versions and it seems like the problems from years ago that caused WotLK to be rejected is gone.

The occasional missing hotkey, ugly / bland spell is present, but that's how this map's reputation is - a chaotic, sometimes unpolished, hero defense where a player must not only focus on a hero, but maintain towers and workers at times. And sheep!

Map approved, 3/5. May add more details and comments later.

Last edited:
Level 2
Lucky, but it needs nerfing

That stomp AOE 500 damage, maybe if you want, change it to 200 to 400, the buff is okay, middle finger is godlike, rest are fine.

Level 3
I want. To Kill.
The Sheep.

EDIT:
This map is really fun, but on single player I'm a bit stumped on what to do about the Artillery phase.
Especially considering I was playing as Stone Fist at the time, I left towers to defend while I trundled my way over to the towers, but boy I just took too long.

Last edited:
Level 1
When you have lots of time to waste.....xD
The game was in EMO mode
I kept killing the allies in boss fight(medusa,tb etc)to extend the boss fight and earn more rewards for re-killing all the bosses.
Even in emo mode
heroes like Mortred,Anti-mage,Furion and 5-6 more are a bit OP cause of their Aoe clearance spells at lvl 3
P.s. Liked the update...those ultimate abilities of Archiomonde and Arthras (Invulnerable for few seconds with flashing lights and if you are close to them you are brought down to
1% hp)
P.p.s Waiting for Cataclysm...XD

zZMXm1M.png

Last edited: