• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with turning/sliding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
So I want to make the turning look more natural and include "sliding" to it...

Pictures related.

1st one is the one that it is like. 2nd one is the one how it should be... Or something like that.

Attachments

• Race.w3x
    38.7 KB · Views: 64
  • notlikethis.png
    notlikethis.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 85
  • morelikethis.png
    morelikethis.png
    4.3 KB · Views: 67
Level 20
If you don't get my post I can try to explain it with other words
but if you just ignore it I can't help you

I kinda understood what you mean but I cant brain enough to execute it.

So if I understood right:
Instead of setting speed. I have two variables. Other tells how fast it is gonna move in horizontal(X) and other on the vertical(Y) level. Then I change those variables every X milliseconds a bit depending on the facing angle of the unit. Something like that?

+ If you dont mind just make a quick test map with Footman or something that makes this sliding because it would explain everything but if you want to do it in words then try to.

Level 19
I kinda understood what you mean but I cant brain enough to execute it.

So if I understood right:
Instead of setting speed. I have two variables. Other tells how fast it is gonna move in horizontal(X) and other on the vertical(Y) level. Then I change those variables every X milliseconds a bit depending on the facing angle of the unit. Something like that?

pretty close
the vertical and horizontal speed only changes as long as the player presses the gas pedal

I made a testmap (multiplayer ;) and it turned out to be quite awesome
have fun with it

Attachments

• Drive.w3x
    31.4 KB · Views: 60
Level 19
Looks like you didnt even test the map that I attached.

Because I was trying to make it controllable by mouse. So this isnt really what I asked for.

seriously???? by mouse???
ahaha wtf xD
how many car games you know are controlled by mouse?
right
not many
there is a reason for it

of course my code is easily adaptable but I would no want to play it with a mouse

Level 19
It is possible to reduce the delay to numbers like 10 milliseconds with bots and other tools that is almost no delay but there is always delay in arrows no matter what you did.

I just tested it online and noticed that there is delay with arrow keys
but same goes of mouse
maybe it is harder to notice that mouse has delay under normal circumstances
nevertheless during testing I found keyboard control much more convenient than mouse even with delay

You want something like this http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-mini-game-mapping-contest-3-war-carts-cv.w3x.
Its my mini game for the latest contest and is already done.
It isn't protected.
The game actually needs some tuning but the movement system works perfectly
If you want something like this I can adapt it for your maps need and to tell you the truth I don't feel any delay with my system.
If it's not something like what you want plz don't flame I don't have time to test your map :/

Status
Not open for further replies.