• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tears of Rejoice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now this might be the craziest idea I've ever got.

Inspired by fladder's Starting Anew, thanks :p

p.s I don't like how the grass turned out but eh, you can't have them all. Yes, I might kill the Zerus cliffs and some trees depending on my mood.

Attachments

• nutsgoing.png
    nutsgoing.png
    3 MB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Level 32
Nice. I like the theme! My favorite feature of it is the damn dam.

I can't quite express what I'm trying to say, but I'll give it a go. The darker rocks (are those rocks?) don't exactly blend in with everything else. Also, I personally would appreciate something mechanical in the background. As the focus of the picture is the tower, it would make sense for it to be surrounded by mechanical parts instead of mechanical parts only being v a side less than 180 degrees of the tower.

The left dirt patch bothers me. It's just that the others aren't very WC3 like and it's like "Oops! We have a bald spot here!" Maybe it's my OCD.

The smoke patches on the left doesn't look like it would come out of a tower that small. Perhaps you didn't intend that to be smoke from the tower, but it sure does look like it.

Level 51
You've got some proportional issues here. I like the idea though.

I'll try to explain what I mean. I assume you were going for a big landscape look, but the towers and the steampunk cogs and walls in comparison to the grass and the trees as well as the stone path (?) in the front kinda make it feel like some kind of plastik figure collection in your garden at home.

I'm not a fan of the empty background either.

Level 36
That's alright, we all blame fladder for all things, except those few who blame me.

While I agree that the pipes, or chimneys, or what they are could be thinned down a bit
to seem more--- Far away, my main beef with this terrain is that it's too juic- Jumbled!

Basically, the constructions don't look like constructions. The dam, which I mistook for
a circular fort to begin with, is a wall with the cog-wheel doodad just jammed to it,
there's nothing sensical about that, or practical for that matter. It's a matter of
believability.

For future terrains of this genre, I suggest you give a little more thought to practical
aesthetics, not that it can't look fancy, it's just not very good when it looks excessively
fancy, is all.

And for all you grammar nerds out there that noticed me using a word that doesn't exist
in grammar, I'd like to say bugger off. If "nonsensical" is a word, then it's my very
personal opinion that "sensical" should be a word too, no matter how wrong I am.
- Yes, I'm a rebel, a sensibly sensical rebel.

Level 11
Personally, I think, if it is an early WIP, then it won't be right to make quick judgements.
Perhaps, as the scene builds the various parts will fall into shape to make a convincing picture. As of now, I feel, the trees certainly have an issue with proportionality. Will keep an eye here to check for updates :)

Status
Not open for further replies.