• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with action!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have made an action, that will let me choose a hero, and let it start in a higher level than one. But when i choose the hero, and set the level to 10 (which i want the hero to start in), and i start the map, the hero is still level 1.

Am i doing something wrong? Please tell me, and be a little specific, since im not very good at this yet.

Thanks in advance :p

Level 2
Well, the action looks like this:

Hero - Set Warden 0017 <gen> Hero-level to 10. Hide level-up graphics

Thats how it looks, the warden is the character i selected Ofc.. For me it seems pretty okay :s

Level 19
try making it after Map Initialization (some actions doesnt work on Map Initialization)
Bah...

Whatever
Just double click to your hero in WE and set its level

Level 2
Okay, i found out now, thanks alot.

oh and btw, i have another 'noob' question, when i create the map, and im at the point where people can join the map, i cant change team.. its like im forced to be player 1/red.. How can you disable this??

Level 4
lol strange cause im trying to make it so you HAVE to be a certain coulor if you go to that slot, so what ur saying is. . .when u start game. ..you cant be any other coulor? only play (1) red? if so then be sure to make it all user controlled, and if you have forces add those players TO the forces, send a snapshot or something of the problem, like how to make user controlled since im at school right now :p

Level 4
I have made an action, that will let me choose a hero, and let it start in a higher level than one. But when i choose the hero, and set the level to 10 (which i want the hero to start in), and i start the map, the hero is still level 1.

Am i doing something wrong? Please tell me, and be a little specific, since im not very good at this yet.

Thanks in advance :p

Here it is... I made 2 triggers because I don't know what kind of Hero Choose you are doing.

This Trigger is for the unit Entering the Circle of Power

• Circle of Power 0Region0
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 000 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Entering unit)) Equal to Wisp
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Paladin for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Hero - Set (Last created unit) Hero-level to 10, Hide level-up graphics
      • Unit - Remove (Entering unit) from the game
Just change the Region and the Unit being created.

This one is for the Tavern ( just like in DotA on how you choose your hero )

• Tavern
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Sells a unit
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Move (Sold unit) instantly to (Center of (Playable map area)), facing Default building facing degrees
      • Hero - Set (Sold unit) Hero-level to 10, Hide level-up graphics
      • Unit - Remove (Buying unit) from the game

Status
Not open for further replies.