• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Oh My Gawd! Castle/Temply Type Thingie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally dislike this one (it was made in half an hour jeez) but i decided to post it anyway.

Attachments

• terain.jpg
    terain.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 263
Level 2
i like it..... because.... it's much better than my BEST terrain.....ever.... can i get the map??

Level 28
To many cattails, trees are maybe a bit to close to eachother, to much moonlight doesnt look good.
Else it looks kinda neat, the arc entrance thingy and the way up towards the entrance looks kinda cool.

edit: Btw, you should fix the background a bit!

I don't like the building. The arches are really fugly all blown up like that, and you need to get the mason in about the holes in your tower's roof :O
The environment around it is nice.

What I think about yours is at the other coments.

you cant get the map because i dont wanna upload 4mb xP
Anyway I am going to terrain something, gimmeh idea!

You must get the inspiration, not ask others to give you!

Whatching epic films (no, I'm not talking about Elenai), playing other epic games is going to help you about the ideas!

These days I played Thief II (very old game), and I got inspired, and because of that, my terrains will be done with more realism and a better look!

Old games rules!

Level 34
Quit being so humble HT. It's a very good terrain. Only one sorta large problem. It looks as if it's just a front of a temple/building. It looks like it has no body. For some reason I'm having trouble explaining what I mean. Anyways, yeah it's pretty good, just needs another half an hour.

Level 25
Nul9 pointed out one out of a few flaws you've made making this terrain. Second flaw is the tower on the right has lots of gaps in the arch placement. Third, I think I see some floating objects on the right side near the shore such as rocks and cattails, might also be seeing a floating tree too.

I like the arches over the entry of the temple though. I also like the way you blockaded the forest in with environmentals instead of leaving that part empty and exposing the base of the trees: looks more detail focused on. IDK the word right now.

Fog is decent with the terrain. Perhaps a light gray may've been better. Still looks good together though with the terrain.

Another flaw I've noticed is barely any good tile variation. You could have mixed the Sunken Ruins dirt tile with the sand tile. When you put the dirt tile lining the shore with sand behind it, it looks like wet sand. You could've definitely have done that with your terrain.

The forest looks a bit low and I hardly see any real elevation, besides the big mountain in the background.

~Craka_J

Level 34
I disagree with you Nudle9. HT made it smooth enough to look good.

The second is the best.

Level 25
Some reason, I don't like the new one. Don't ask why... I'm guessing it is because of the camera view of the road and all that. Plus, the road looks a little uneven, due to the hills in the road. There should be large hills and mountains in the back behind the temple and in the forest to make the trees/forest in the background look big and take up more space. Otherwise the sky looks rather empty in the back.

~Craka_J

2-P

2-P

Level 8
I like it. ^^

Might wanna be more careful with calculating shadows in dark, rainy sceneries. The shadows indicate a bright shining sun, the dark sky and the rain however...

Status
Not open for further replies.