• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

icons from blood and magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Uh.. Are one of those the "basal golem as well as the obelisk"? I think i'mma aim for googles help xD

Heres some pics i found. any of these the golem or obelisk?

(with screenshots, have you tried taking a screen shot out of game? In some games, (such as morrowind) the screen shots are in a morrowind file, Now, if you take a shot out of all games, of lets say... This website, the image with be able to Paste on to Gimp, or Paint, or photoshop, or whatever you want.)

Level 8
creaturesfd8.png

What about these?

Level 21
the icons that is in your post before the last post is from blood and magic. they do however lack the basal golem and the obelisk. i will update this post with screen shots if i find them. this screen shot shows the basal golem icon. i havent found the obelisk icon yet but i am still on it.

Attachments

• s02398oinrq.jpg
    s02398oinrq.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 116
Level 8
with screenshots, have you tried taking a screen shot out of game? In some games, (such as morrowind) the screen shots are in a morrowind file, Now, if you take a shot out of all games, of lets say... This website, the image with be able to Paste on to Gimp, or Paint, or photoshop, or whatever you want.

Level 21
thank you. please create icons of the other units. you posted a screen shot with most units on the first page. the units i currently have in the map is: the ghoul, the gargoyle, the wraith, the cleric, the paladin, the stone golem, the druid and the griffin. if there is any you dont understand what are please tell me.

Level 21
i cant use paint because that covers the icons completely in text. i can however tell which unit is which. the cleric, the druid and the gargoyle is on the top row of icons. on the first row of icons, the cleric is number 3 from the left. the druid is number 4 while the gargoyle is number 6. on the second row, the ghoul is number 1, the griffin is number 4 while the paladin is number 6. on the third row the stone golem is number 5. the wraith is number 4 from the left on the 4 row. i want the icons to look like in the real blood and magic.

Last edited:
Level 22
Okay, so (still noob here) How do i make icons for download? xD

Resize what you made as 64x64 BMP/TGA/PNG and use http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/warcraft-3-image-renamer-62973/ tool to create borders that is BTN DISBTN PASBTN or any of them.

When the program borders them and makes BTN/DISBTN you need War3 viewer to convert the bordered images to blp. Name them BTN(name).blp and DISBTN(name).blp, import in a map using the manager and set paths:

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTN...Name...blp
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTN,,,blp

Level 8
you are too late imtor. waveseeker have already completed several icons. i am gratefull to waveseeker for the job done so far as well as future icon work.

Yeahhh, Real life just caught up with me. I just realized Halloween is the day after tomorrow, and tomorrow i have to the Rally to Restore Sanity. so, day after is my target, i can work some on the inbetweens, But if you want to follow imtors advice, and make them on your own. feel free, (just let me know what ones you still need done.)

Sorry!

Level 8
They are done! Here you go, (if you like my work, Don't be afraid to throw some rep out :p)

Also, let me know if i am missing anything

Attachments

• the griffin.blp
    10.4 KB · Views: 66
  • the goblin.blp
    10.5 KB · Views: 61
  • the gargoyal.blp
    9.9 KB · Views: 95
  • the druid.blp
    8.6 KB · Views: 63
  • The cleric.blp
    9.5 KB · Views: 54
  • The Wraith.blp
    10.6 KB · Views: 97
  • the storne golum.blp
    10.5 KB · Views: 55
  • the paladin.blp
    10.4 KB · Views: 70
Level 21
you are still lacking the ghoul. i am patient enough to wait for you to complete the remaining icons. thank you for your work so far. please upload them zipped in the future. what remains is the rest of the icons. dont worry about naming them, i will figure out which is which myself. some of the icons should have inactive versions though. though i cant provide screen shots. the icons that dont need inactive versions is: the basal golem, the obelisk, the warrior, the druid, the zombie, the cleric and the wizard. please play the demo to get the inactive icons. though you will most likely need to get dosbox for that.(dosbox is free.) if there is anything i can ever help you with just ask. i owe you big time for the work you have done for me.(also for the work you will do.)

Level 21
you could ask the owner of the computer for permission to install the blood and magic demo as well as dosbox. the reason i cant give you screen shots is that i cant find them. i also have to use dosbox to play blood and magic.(something that prevents me from creating screen shots from it.) the regular unit icons are already in this as a collection of icons that you uploaded. (as a screen shot of icons.) as for zipped files, you can download winzip if you get permission.(if you use windows that is.) if you are unable to play the game to gather information, i will have to create screen shots myself on a pc with windows xp. either way, there is a way to solve the problem.

Level 21
ok i will find some way to get screen shots of the inactive icons and the buildings. please finish those whose pictures are uploaded in this topic while you wait. please accept my friend invitation as well. i dont know how blood and magic can take screen shots. if you are able to find out how, i will take screen shots though. but at the moment i dont know how. the windows method is unsupported by blood and magic. i found screen shots of the building and blood forge icons in the games manual. the colors of the buildings are: background(teal or something) the medal part is gold while the gems on the sides of the medal is blue. as for the blood forge: the basal golems clothes are gray while the skin is the same as the player color. the cave behind the basal golem is brown. the inactive icons are grayed out versions of the others. i hope that helps.

Attachments

• buildings.jpg
    buildings.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Level 8
Well, I was just basing off of your description. in editing things like this, I need to have as much details as possible.
so, the list is.

Gold Metal things along with the back round Square. (is the bottom of it too short? of the background thing)

Light blue Gems.

Darker teal for the general background.

Anything else?

Level 21
i am uploading screen shots of the other icons in color.

Attachments

• grayed out icons of the fury and the paladin.jpg
    grayed out icons of the fury and the paladin.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 62
  • grayed out building icons.jpg
    grayed out building icons.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 69
  • grayed icons of the gargoyle, the ghoul and the wraith.jpg
    grayed icons of the gargoyle, the ghoul and the wraith.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 103
  • building icons.jpg
    building icons.jpg