• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Picture] Demon Techtree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Nah, not every. The original WC3 model (assuming you're refering to the Shrine) may be used, too, but I thought this one will fit better. And I just didn't want to include the original demon gate.
As for the Hellfire Bastion - it's the only building with attacking animation.
It took me some time to fix the trouble with the building animation though. Now every building is built in the same way, but they interfere if you use the cheat. Will try to fix that.
Don't get me wrong, but I really do insist on the good UI. There's a proper idle worker icon and the UI is human just during the beta. Then I'll "unkill" it (make it Undead).
As for the sounds... hm, I'll try to fix them, too.

Level 35
Look is great, but there's a couple of things I notice:
1) The tower looks weird and slightly overlarge for what it is.
2) Dimensional Keeper produces small amount of food, maybe even too small. However, Blight expansion is an interesting idea, so it may be fine. Just something I noticed.
3) Did you use the names that were given to the models? I just notice that the model for the Unholy Shrine is called that, and I think I recognize some of the other names. Not a major problem, I'd just like to see some original names, although it won't be considered when judging occurs (just mentioning it for if and when we do a nice campaign :D).

...and that's it for now. I like the look of it, keep up the good work ;)
Oh, BTW, the Artesain model is great, used it for my Faceless Ones, too ;) Fel Orc Peon works, too :p

Level 9
Dimensional Keeper is a very cheap building and it's the only way to expand the blight.
No, I haven't use any given name. Unholy Shrine in-game is Shrine or Altar of Sacrifice. Even the altar is originally called Alrar of Terror. I think names of buildings before downloading models for them.
Aaand the tower... I think it's OK ^^

Level 15
The tower is neat. Since its bigger then most towers, you should make it alot more powerful but also alot higher cost.

So with all the imports, what is your map size at right now?

Level 9
== Units ==
Corrupted Soul (harvester)
Dark Summoner (builder, repairs)
Felguard (light melee)
Hell Hound (medium melee, anti-caster)
Voidwalker (light ranged, cold attacks)
Infernal Contraption (heavy siege, a very special ability which I won't reveal :p)
Nether Drake (heavy ranged, air, immune to magic)
Succubus (light ranged caster, can bind (1), silence (2) and temporarily charm (3))
Eredar Sorcerer (light ranged caster, can make illusions (1), chain dispel (2) and finger of pain (3))

Level 35
Perhaps I was simply thinking I like the name of the buildings? Could be, they really suit the models :)
I do both when coming up with names. Sometimes I'll have a name I want to use and find a model for it, or sometimes I see a model and think that it could be used for a particular thing. For example, I saw the Faceless One models before coming up with the names, allowing me to see the capabilities of the models and such. If only I could request every model lol, but that would take too long and the request would probably go unoticed :(
Yea, the tower's fine, could work very well having a larger tower :)
But perhaps it could do something else as well? Not sure yet...
Dimensional Keeper is a kick-ass idea :)

Level 15
well why dont you just replace the UD with the demons. That way you can change the blight and not have to worry about them.

Level 35
No lol.
I mean that you create triggers which instead of placing the normal units for the race, you change it so that if a player is Human and Undead, it creates the starting units you have created in the Object Editor. That's a method for going over a particular race, anyway :p (Oh, and you might not even want the Undead, not even for Computer players, so there's something to change up too if you want :p)

Level 9
  • Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Contitions
    • Actions
      • -------- Remove the Victory/Defeat conditions --------
      • Melee Game - Use melee time of day (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Limit Heroes to 1 per Hero-type (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Give trained Heroes a Scroll of Town Portal (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Set starting resources (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Remove creeps and critters from used start locations (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Create starting units (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Run melee AI scripts (for computer players)
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked player) controller) Equal to User
              • -------- Add here the replaced race, in my case Orc --------
              • (Race of (Picked player)) Equal to Orc
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Picked player)) and do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
                  • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    • If - Conditions
                      • -------- Here you add the unit type of the original race's town hall, in my case Great Hall --------
                      • (Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to Great Hall
                    • Then - Actions
                      • -------- Here you add the Town Hall of your race, here my race is goblin --------
                      • Unit - Replace (Picked unit) with a Hall of Knowledge using The old unit's relative life and mana
                    • Else - Actions
                      • -------- Here you add the Worker units of your race --------
                      • Unit - Replace (Picked unit) with a Engineer using The old unit's relative life and mana
              • Player - Limit training of Heroes to 3 for (Picked player)
              • -------- Here you add each of your custom heroes, and be sure that no one of them is based on tavern or campaign hero --------
              • -------- Some of mine may sound as if they are based on such heroes, but they're not --------
              • -------- I have based them on Blademaster and Far Seer and changed all animations --------
              • Player - Limit training of Tinker to 1 for (Picked player)
              • Player - Limit training of Alchemist to 1 for (Picked player)
              • Player - Limit training of Exterminator to 1 for (Picked player)
              • Player - Limit training of Goblin Miner to 1 for (Picked player)
            • Else - Actions
Leaks but I don't care right now. This is from my tutorial bout races.

Level 35
Hehe, you still have that tavern/campaign comment there lol :p

Just so ppl no, the tavern/campaign heroes are fine, you just have to change the number of tiers they use :p. That also means the Tinker and Alchemist probably didn't have to be recreated.

Anyway, I know it's just a tut :p

Interesting that you replace the picked units, my trigger created whatever units were necessary. Just shows that there are many different ways to accomplish the same effect :D (very handy, as one might work better than the other, and then someone else might come with an even better system :p).

Yea, that's the sort of trigger I was talking about using for the Undea with the Demons :D

Level 3
I know this comment is coming late, first time I've seen this pick. I think there are one or two too many skulls. Could easily fix by changing Pit of Summoning to demon portal but I read that Interceptor didn't want to do that.
For one of my maps I just used archimonde to summon demons to create a demon-undead hybrid, granted I had to remove archimondes devine armor/chaos damage (which is funny because he isn't devine and his attacks are not chaotic but well devised) and reduce his stats slightly.

I always wanted to create a demon race [although without non demons like ud, nether drakes and voidwalkers (they might be clasified as demons but they look like elementals and have abilities like elementals and are possibly the opposite of the naru)] and even more so I wanted to play one. Originally blizzard had planned for demons to be one of the 5 races, however that was changed (in alpha?). Still I have to wonder if they created any other demonish buildings (other then 2 found in world editor) or units. I know there are plenty of old models not in the world editor and it sucks because most of them are awesome. Some examples are: the early graveyard/crypt with gargoyle statues; old dreadlord; night elf shop tft beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.