• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

FaerieDragon.blp

This kind of Faerie Dragon is indigenous in the treetops of Ashenvale. They spend their day climbing and soaring to through the treetops in search for the most delicious fruits and insects. They are surprisingly prone to domestication, once bribed with enough food. They inherit almost identical capability of using magic like their relatives, the "ordinary" Faerie Dragons.

Untitled-1.jpg

I'll update this thread once the icon for this skin is done.

Keywords:
faerie, dragon, jungle, tropical
Contents

Tropical Faeriedragon (Texture)

Reviews
10:43, 1st May 2016 ~Nightmare: Post Review Final Review

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Good job!

I would recommend to play a bit around with different colors, to add more variety and
make the skin look less uniform.

The TC on his tail, it is very strong. Maybe reduce it and add more skin to it or a shading.

Moy

Moy

Level 49
202025-albums8785-picture107075.png

While I like your style, the texture itself lacks shading following the global light to fit more to Warcraft 3. To be more precise, I'll separate reviews on different parts of the skin.
WINGS
I really love the idea, the green part but not the yellow. It looks like a banana with color intensity and color combinations (green + yellow = banana). I really loved how you managed the green part to be shaded well. But that yellow bananas I mean part needs partly more shading. It's too intense and I smell poop with that intense yellow submarine color. *bad joke* :xxd: Forgot to say that these could be applied to the ribbon ear as well.

BODY + LEGS + TAIL
Those dots seems to be great but not how big it is. It's too existent with that size. The belly seems good but lacks shading as well. The legs great no need to alter. Tail seems to have incorrect lighting, but it doesn't matter since it has been added with TC.

TEAMCOLOR
Team color usage is awesome but not how it looks like it was not shaded and too bright. Like the Vector style of the team color too.

202025-albums8785-picture107077.png

Vector style really good. But will remain 'Pending' still.

Last edited:
Level 8
I don't like all that yellow, but that's just my own nonconstructive opinion.
The skin is of high quality and this is a good edit to the faerie dragon. Well done.

EDIT: Oh, where did all the yellow go? Hmmm, looks pretty cool now.

Last edited: