• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Dead Space Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I see no use in working on a warcraft 3 map anyway.
WC3 is dead. No one plays it anymore.
I tried often to test the map on BattleNet and noone ever joined.
The time of Wc3 has ended.
Sad, but true. :(
Nope warcraft 3 isn't dead, and won't be dead until DotA 2 comes. All you need is, download Garena, and go to RPG Rooms, there players join to much custom maps, and tests RPGs... ;)

Level 9
The story with the no one joining is old already in the best times of the game people wasn't interested in every new map genre maybe you should just rename the hosted game new (btw. can you host? because not every person can host with closed ports and changed firewall options) or you should looking for a active fun clan if you really want that people play your map all in all I have seen games they are more dead as warcraft 3. If you now really give up the project I will be a little bit angry about it... because from the permission from the witd slasher and my account name is not Grievous0 oO.

sure mate, but I think that most people should found teams with more contributors and let their own stuff back in the corner if it has no future.
since most of the maps in this board have no future and won't be played I assume you guys to start bigger projects.
1) it's done faster
2) you find new contacts
3) and learn teamwork

Last edited:
Level 31
Guys, I started to work on the map again.
Not many updates yet, but those are the thing I've done today.

- perfectionised the reload system, works perfect now
- changed model for the ammunition boxes

What I plan to do:

- add a new enemy
- fix tooltips for ammunition and medi-packs
- think of single player events/modes because it will propably be impossible to play this multiplayer
- maybe create an AI for single player arena gaming

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Wow. This is insanely well made...
The models, the terrains, the obstacles...

Nice!

Level 31
Hmm... Is there a single player version of the game too?

That's exactly what I'm working on at the moment.

I already implemented to 75% the Singleplayer Mode:

Alien Massacre

You choose a hero and then kill everything you encounter.
If you reached an preset amount of alien kills, you have won.
There's also a timer which shows the time you already played.
Depending on how much time you needed and now often you died, you get a final score, so you can compare your result with friends.

What I also plan for Singleplayer is:

Survival Mode:
There will be waves of monster spawns, every wave becomes more difficult and stronger.
The longer you survive, the higher is your final score.
Maybe I will implement some kind of building ability so you can build barricades.

But what do you think?
For those modes, shall I remove the Alien heroes and just take the marines, but then add more marine heroes?

RPG Mode:

You have to fulfill random quests on the space station to survive.
(e.g. repairing the power generator, turn on the air control, fight against big bosses)
Bases for those events will be events of Dead Space 1.
(And maybe Dead Space 2 if my friend gives me his game :D)

For this game mode I will use only human heroes.

Level 13
But what do you think?
For those modes, shall I remove the Alien heroes and just take the marines, but then add more marine heroes?

Yeah thats a good idea, but I would suggest making more modes for just aliens, for balencing reasons. And more of both types of heros would be good imo :p

Level 29
small review:

1. I played the corporal and it seems that the window of the unit is 'black' or empty
2. When I used methamorphosis, it should be targeted as 'air'
3. When I'm at flight, I fly 'through'' the containers, I suggest you put air pathing blockers

but all in all, this map is great!

EDIT:
one more thing, I think Zealon is right, you should make modes just for aliens coz when I played aliens, I must wait player 1 to select the modes, I waited nothing happens coz P1 is not playing!

Level 13
Maybe a system like this? Anti-AFK-System
But if you use this system, you should probably wait for updates or fix the problems yourself; as there seems to be a few bugs ;)

Level 31
small review:

1. I played the corporal and it seems that the window of the unit is 'black' or empty
2. When I used methamorphosis, it should be targeted as 'air'
3. When I'm at flight, I fly 'through'' the containers, I suggest you put air pathing blockers

but all in all, this map is great!

EDIT:
one more thing, I think Zealon is right, you should make modes just for aliens coz when I played aliens, I must wait player 1 to select the modes, I waited nothing happens coz P1 is not playing!

Yes, I know, this hero isn't finished at all and propably will be replaced, cause a flying unit that shoots like a bow, doesn't fit Dead Space and the custom shoot system looks weird, too.

And for the thing with aliens, you're right. I never thought about this problem that you would start the game when you are in Team Aliens.
I will take this in consideration.

@Miss_Foxy:

Yes, that sounds like a good idea.

What I'm currently working on is a complete new Hero Selection System only for the Marine Heros for RPG and Survival Mode.
It will be like in Impossible Bosses, you see a camera pointing on the hero. Then the hero has the abilities with arrows (Next Hero, Previous Hero), so you can switch between cameras and choose you hero.
When it's finished I'll make a Youtube video of it.

It still bugs, but I will fix it soon.

Level 31
At the moment I'm working on the Single Player Story mode.
I tried to implement a 3rd person camera system and arrow-key movement.

Unfortunately my camera system is too simple and I have problems with the camera going though objects.
The movement sucks, too and fast reacting in close floors is impossible.
The shoot system doesn't work well for this camera, too.

Level 14
K, don't worry, chilla, I can animate some new anims if you want.

what the hell its hears like that I'm the bad guy... -,- why the community hates me so much... I have give him the permission for the slasher model already why you guys don't understand that I can't give him permissions in the name of a other creator. I really should give up the modding and I should leave the unfair community :/

Edit: you have the permission now I wish you fun and good luck with improving your project

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.