• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Your favorite race?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
So what is your favorite race and why?

My favorite is the Gorlocs, they are a race that evolved from a giant frog demigod, they're a very ancient race that has been in Azeroth for a long time and a group of Gorlocs has also been known to wander of and evolved into the most fan idolized race ever, the Murloc. The Gorlocs are first encountered in World of WarCraft Wrath of the Lich King where they can be found over the western part of the continent fighting Tuskars and Wolvars, their current leader is High-Oracle Soo-Say who lead the Oracles that's a friendly group of Gorlocs that side with both Alliance and Horde. The Gorlocs are also known for having a soft spot in their heart for shiny objects since they often send their allies to collect shiny objects for them.

Gorloc artwork:
Mutatedfishcreature1.jpg

Level 23
My favorite race in WoW, without any doubt, is the Forsaken

Why ?
Well, they were just trying to protect his beloved kingdom against the undead, and besides being dead, were transformed into undead, and when they have there free-will they try destroy Arthas and the Scourge,unfortunately when Sylvanas tried to kill arthas, he escaped, but she don't give up, they ally with the Horde just have help to destroy the Lich King.

"Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken - always and forever."

This is always a hard question for me. The answer changes from time to time. :p

I really like the dwarves, ever since I first played wc3 (so sad when I thought Muradin had died). After reading up on the lore, I became pretty fascinated by them. I always took pride in that I had actually memorized Blackrock Depths, and Ironforge is still my favorite hub area to go to (it was even cooler before when people could start a duel from behind the pillar near the bank).

In WoW, they did some pretty cool stuff with them. Seeing Old Ironforge was really cool (before they opened it in the patch, although I think I was on a private server). I also fought my way to the Grim Batol gates with a friend just to explore.

As for the actual lore, War of the three hammers is just cool. Especially how they incorporated the summoning of Ragnaros. I just felt like a super hero when I went into MC.
----------

I also love naga. Ever since wc3x, I was so jealous of them. I wanted to play them so badly when I was in the Nelf campaign, but we only got to kill them. Once I got to the level where we actually played them, I milked it for all it was worth, getting 100/100 upkeep and building a huge second base, etc. I also used almost entirely naga in black citadel. They are just cool.

My WoW experiences with them were pretty cool too: Zangarmarsh, SSC and the other dungeons. Although it was coolest when Vash'jir was released. I loveeed the battlemaiden questline (although now I'm kind of sick of it after doing it a hundred times and missing queues), Vash'jir is just thoughtfully made and definitely my favorite zone. :)

Another reason why it is so cool is that there is still a lot of mystery behind them. We saw Vash'jir, but there is still so much that is unseen. Everything around the Rift has very little info, even Nazjatar. If they do make it the next Xpac, I'll be sure to give it a go.

EDIT: Sorry for the wall of text. I kind of went on a nostalgia ramble, lol.

Definitely Blood Elves.

I just like how Blizzard make the Elf models looks good than the rest for my eyes. Also, I love that how they use magic as the source for combat, as I love mystical things as well for me. I just hate how the lore make Kael a bad guy and forces us to kill him. It's just not cool and cruel to me.

Level 24
Definitely Blood Elves.

I just like how Blizzard make the Elf models looks good than the rest for my eyes. Also, I love that how they use magic as the source for combat, as I love mystical things as well for me. I just hate how the lore make Kael a bad guy and forces us to kill him. It's just not cool and cruel to me.

Of the playable races blood elves are my personal favorite, right now Blizzard is making new models for every race and I can't wait for the remake of the blood elf race I hope they'll look awesome.

Level 1
Pandaren :) , they made the classes and gameplay allot more intresting and because my pet panda is now 5 years old ^^

Level 23
Blood Elves they are too great.I hate Warcraft Lore turn Keal'thas into a bad guy.Wish in the next expansion he will revive and turn back too a good guy.

i still hope that kael'thas revive, in the book" shadow of the sun" told that he was burried in quel'danas, but anyone see that, just Rommath, and how Rommath was the first hand of kael, they can have a plan for Kael return, some time later about the happening in Quel'thalas about kael summon the legion, and he return when the shadow fall again upon the blood elves, so kael rise from the ashen as a King :)

Level 22
I have 3 favorites :3

====================

night elves, without them there will be no highborne and they are also have a cool transformation. Druid of the Talon transform into a storm crow, Druid of the Claw transform into a bear, Demon Hunter transform into a demon. Their buildings are also alive, it's so cool

but what i like the most about them is Cenarius, he looks so mighty when we were using Grom to fight him. I wish he didn't die and fight against Archimonde, it'll be awesome

====================

Eredar, they are just so cool. I always want to use Archimonde or Kil'jaeden. My long awaited battle which will never happens between Archimonde and Cenarius. I want to see their fight! amazing

====================

Naga, just like purge. ever since wc3x, i was so jealous of them. I wanted to play them so badly when I was in the Night elf campaign, but we only got to kill them. Once I got to the level where we actually played them, I'm really happy.. I don't even use malfurion at all, lol. Malfurion was there just to defend his camp from the undead. Naga forces will attack the undead base non-stop! i love that moment.. i also like Illidan, since ROC but unfortunately we can only use him once in ROC.. in TFT if i'm right we're using Illidan, Kael and Vashj in the outland.. He's so cool when transforming into a demon, but his tusk is make him looks ugly

====================

Wall of text =P

Level 4
Humans, they are a force to be reckoned with. With their impenetrable fortresses, well trained footmen armored in the finest armor and armed with fine swords, knights galloping onto the battlefield, magic users, casting spells and finally, the Paladins, great knights of the light who smite their enemies.

Level 24
With their impenetrable fortresses

Which one? :D Storwind, the one that got burnt to the ground by orcs and devestated from within by Katrana Prestor aka Onyxia. Or maybe you mean the former home of King Terenas Menethil II that's now under controll by the forsaken. Or Gilneas that's now also in the hand of the forsaken.

Level 4
Stormwind's Defenders fell honorably and were outnumbered 1-100, and Onyxia, was a relative of Deathwing! [Or something] And the Gilneans? How long were the Forsaken battering the wall? Weeks maybe, or months due to the architecture of the Humans.

Which one? :D Storwind, the one that got burnt to the ground by orcs and devestated from within by Katrana Prestor aka Onyxia. Or maybe you mean the former home of King Terenas Menethil II that's now under controll by the forsaken. Or Gilneas that's now also in the hand of the forsaken.

Gilneas didn't fall, it got screwed over by Blizzard lore and it took a massive Earth shattering Earthquake to bring down the wall. Also, Stormwind was the only one to fall to a full out assault the rest were brought down from withing or weren't brought down at all.

My favorite race would probably be Draenei, High Elf, Dwarf or Human. Humans because they have some really cool history and back story with all the Human Kingdoms etc who fought the Amani Empire but are destroyed by a few rebellious undead :ogre_frown:

Draenei because their Holy Light themes are very interesting and compelling if not too Protoss-like. Dwarves are just undeniably the best midgets in any fantasy.

High Elves because of their unique architecture and continued survival.

Level 24
who fought the Amani Empire

I'm really interested as of why this came up in a debate on wheter or not the alliance strongholds were impenitreble.

Draenei because their Holy Light themes are very interesting and compelling if not too Protoss-like. Dwarves are just undeniably the best midgets in any fantasy.

High Elves because of their unique architecture and continued survival.

It's too sad high elves were scratched as a playable race in Vanilla since that was one of the main reason I waited to buy WoW. But atleast we got blood elves who are the exact same race as the High Elves with a few cultural differences. It's to sad there is no strong high elf character in the present lore with Alleria away.

I don't understand why the High Elves can't be a playable race considering the RPG book were made non-canon, which means that you've quite large High Elf population in Stormwind, Theramore survivors, Quel'thilien lodge, Dalaran and some in southern Quel'thalas

The point about the Amani Empire is that it was a massive super power at the time who the old Humans were able to defeat yet now they fall to massively inferior enemies today.

Level 24
I don't understand why the High Elves can't be a playable race considering the RPG book were made non-canon, which means that you've quite large High Elf population in Stormwind, Theramore survivors, Quel'thilien lodge, Dalaran and some in southern Quel'thalas

Maybe Blizzard don't want them beacause they feel like that would just be adding a race that's already playeble or maybe the request for Pandarens and Worgens were higher.

I don't really know and I'd like to see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.