• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Favorite mount

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
So as the title suggests what's your favorite in game mount?

For me there are many great mounts especially in the proto-drake family but scoring highest and my personal favorite is the Ironbound Proto-Drake, I'm still waiting for the day when we can use proto-drakes in BG's and arenas.

razorscale_body.jpg

My favorite ground mount on the other hand has always been the Hawkstriders which I find highly appealing.

Hawkstrider.jpg

Riding with these into BG's when a song starts and hearing "Cavalry charge! Follow the banner! After the king! Freedom we'll bring! Breaking their lines! Thousands of soldiers! Run for their lives! Legends arise!"

It's sad only that they sing king and not Regentlord but you take what you can get, every Blood Elf sees him as their leader so in a way he's the king.

Last edited:
Flying carpet! I was so happy when I could finally make it with tailoring.

Ground mount, I always like my polar bear:
http://www.wowhead.com/item=43962
Partially because I didn't actually farm it. I got it unexpectedly on the second try, and when I found out it was rare, I was stoked. I am pretty unlucky with drops, so it was nice to get it. My friend got it after ~4-5 tries. She also got the Stratholme mount fairly quickly, and the raven lord mount pretty quickly. :p (considering people spend months farming them).

Otherwise, I like my repertoire of PvP mounts. I got them all horde-side during wrath, got one alliance-side during bc and a few others during wrath/cata, but I think I'm missing 1-2 on alliance. Anyway, it is fun to switch between them--the horde mounts are all pretty unique. I love the raptor's bouncing. :p

Oh.. and I almost forgot about my talbuks. I used those the most. They make you feel really tall, and I don't see people use them as often (not that they're hard to get... but people prefer flashy mounts).

As you can see, I'm indecisive. I loved when they added account-wide mounts. It made you feel so much cooler while leveling.

P.S. Is it weird that I like nether ray's? The only thing I dislike is that they take up so much space and do some weird stuff with your camera (that might've been fixed, I forgot), but I like the look of them. There are some people who hate them though.

Level 24
Flying carpet! I was so happy when I could finally make it with tailoring.

Ground mount, I always like my polar bear:
http://www.wowhead.com/item=43962
Partially because I didn't actually farm it. I got it unexpectedly on the second try, and when I found out it was rare, I was stoked. I am pretty unlucky with drops, so it was nice to get it. My friend got it after ~4-5 tries. She also got the Stratholme mount fairly quickly, and the raven lord mount pretty quickly. :p (considering people spend months farming them).

Otherwise, I like my repertoire of PvP mounts. I got them all horde-side during wrath, got one alliance-side during bc and a few others during wrath/cata, but I think I'm missing 1-2 on alliance. Anyway, it is fun to switch between them--the horde mounts are all pretty unique. I love the raptor's bouncing. :p

Oh.. and I almost forgot about my talbuks. I used those the most. They make you feel really tall, and I don't see people use them as often (not that they're hard to get... but people prefer flashy mounts).

As you can see, I'm indecisive. I loved when they added account-wide mounts. It made you feel so much cooler while leveling.

P.S. Is it weird that I like nether ray's? The only thing I dislike is that they take up so much space and do some weird stuff with your camera (that might've been fixed, I forgot), but I like the look of them. There are some people who hate them though.

My, my you do have a lot of favorites. :D

But no it's not wierd of you the only thing about Outland that I really, really hate is Zangarmarsh, so as long as you don't say that was the best experience of your life you'll be fine. ;)

Zangarmarsh was the best experience of my life...

j.k. I did have great experiences there though. Mostly the first time I went there, because I was really into naga and the cenarion expedition at the time. I also had a lot of interesting world pvp there. But I am pretty much sick of it now. I usually just queue up dungeons until I can level in Nagrand.

Status
Not open for further replies.