• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[WIP] Monoliths- The Divided Goal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
Okay ;) Just promise me that when i'm finished, try it without the Doodad Auto-Gen, just to see how it looks ^^

And what? Are moonwells out of place in a elven forest? ;)

To get things clear, here is a example of what i think is a typical elven forest, by me.
73134d1263072698-terrainer-progress-sacred-grove.jpg

Level 15
Thanks for updating the terrain, looks pretty good :D

I may remove the Random Doodads generation, but would probably be keeping the terrain gen itself, since it would be pretty tiring to tile the entire map manually.

For now, I'm working on a new hero concept. Although I will update the first post something this week. I hope :p

Level 15
Just to keep you guys informed, I've finished another hero, the Lizard King. If you want to get an idea of what he is about, check the forums. I've started a post a month ago about the basic concept of the hero.

Also, I've fixed some of the glitches in the previous version, including the Dark Troll Commando not having the ability to master his innate.

I'd like to hear some feedback before I finish up the next version :D

PS: Please sign up in the forums if you are interested. I hope to hear some responses about the map there or here :D
(If you have anything you want to discuss me with, PM me or post it on the forums, don't post it here please)

Level 15
hello zac :), it's me again, i was a long time inactive cause of some problems, but i'm back now :)

how is the map going? :p
I didn't have the motivation to map instead of playing. Since I know you're still watching the map, I'll try and get the new hero and some of the changes out within the week (long weekend this week).

I do believe the first post contains a link to the download of the latest map. If you haven't given it a try yet, please do take some time to test it :D

Level 7
i tested the map and what can i say....WOW ! you know how to script some spells :eek:

first of all i love all the spells, and found some "bugs" or suggestions :

- neo's chain heal spell, i think it should be casted on himself as well..
- troll commando's isolate spell has effect on the "FAQ" unit that runs around the starting base, when you get close to it with the isolate spell it has the same effect as on normal units, and when the effect finishes it still runs around in circle but a bigger one :D
- troll commando's isolate spell pushes units between the trees and they get stuck. i think you should make the spell destroy trees when it pushes creeps.

on the other hand, the spells were cool, you've done a great job.

+rep :)

Level 15
- neo's chain heal spell, i think it should be casted on himself as well..
- troll commando's isolate spell has effect on the "FAQ" unit that runs around the starting base, when you get close to it with the isolate spell it has the same effect as on normal units, and when the effect finishes it still runs around in circle but a bigger one :D
- troll commando's isolate spell pushes units between the trees and they get stuck. i think you should make the spell destroy trees when it pushes creeps.
Thanks for the reply. I'll try and get those bugs fixed quickly.

Also, I'm thinking of making Neo's Life Chain heal himself for 75% of the amount it heals others when it comes back, since he has his Ultimate to make sure he has mana almost all the time.

I remember noticing those bugs when testing the Troll, but I forgot to fix it (mainly the getting stuck in trees).

Thanks for the support, I'm working on finishing up the Lizard King champion.

Level 5
I really want the idea. Good job for you but you need to make more heroes and i thinked you want the monolith map i love it too so you can make something like playing 6v6 building map you can choose to play with monolith races or old races like Undead,Night elf,Orcs,Humans or Monolith:Murlocks,Furbolgs,Trolls...
i really like to play as monolith but i dont want to be with humans.Im good terainer so i can really help for some maps if you want...

GOOD LUCK :) I LOVE YOUR MAP:):spell_breaker::thumbs_up:

Level 27
Your spells really are awesome Zack, but i guess i've told you before. ;)

I've been on vacation for some time, but i'm back again now (though not for long) and it's good to see the map's still running. :D

Once again, if you need anything photoshopped, like a loading screen or sumthing, gimme' a call. :)
I got myself a CS5 Master Collection. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.