• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Need some help with this monolith version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi guys! I downloaded an edited version of the original blizzard map called "Monolith (BIG Size + EXTRA Creeps)" by benjie07.
I wanted to do (6 players vs 6 players) for fun but there is an issue with the creep's side where if you pick a slot there is a chance that you won't be in that slot and won't be able to actually play. Like the map jumbles up the starting positions on its own for the creep side. Anyone know how to fix this?

Here some examples of the map issue. It's almost like the map doesn't follow how players or AI being placed in the main lobby slots.
I also uploaded the edited version of monolith the map.
Please, anyone can help?

Attachments

• monolithcreeps4.png
    monolithcreeps4.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
  • monolithcreeps3.png
    monolithcreeps3.png
    531.4 KB · Views: 23
  • monolithcreeps2huh.png
    monolithcreeps2huh.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 24
  • monolithcreeps1.png
    monolithcreeps1.png
    473.1 KB · Views: 25
  • (12)Monolith.w3x
    2.3 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Level 1
To me it looks like only the first 6 slots are meant to be player slots. Most functions only check for 6 slots. So you probably still need to fix the rest.
Yes I opened slots using the editor just so we can play on the other side a 3v3 game, but it's not working because the start locations keeps randomly swapping on the creep side. For example I started a game 3v3, if I pick slot 7 (pink) there is a random chance that I becomes another slot that was closed and lose control of the units. The only way to actually play is to do 6v6 where all slots are playable.

I don't know how to do triggers so was hoping some can help with a quick fix for this.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Yes I opened slots using the editor just so we can play on the other side a 3v3 game, but it's not working because the start locations keeps randomly swapping on the creep side. For example I started a game 3v3, if I pick slot 7 (pink) there is a random chance that I becomes another slot that was closed and lose control of the units. The only way to actually play is to do 6v6 where all slots are playable.

I don't know how to do triggers so was hoping some can help with a quick fix for this.
The map looks like it's already setup to have 6 User players and 6 Creep players and I looked through the triggers and they all seem to be fine unless I'm misunderstanding something.

Maybe all you need to do is enable Fixed Start Location for each player. Also, this map was probably designed pre-24 Player Warcraft 3 so it could have an issue there since for example it's expecting only 12 player colors.

Attachments

• possible issue.png
    possible issue.png
    44.7 KB · Views: 14
Level 1
The map looks like it's already setup to have 6 User players and 6 Creep players and I looked through the triggers and they all seem to be fine unless I'm misunderstanding something.

Maybe all you need to do is enable Fixed Start Location for each player. Also, this map was probably designed pre-24 Player Warcraft 3 so it could have an issue there since for example it's expecting only 12 player colors.
Its meant to be 6 players vs 6 AI, but I opened the slots and made them "user" so we can play vs human monolith creeps, not AI. The problem is that if the slots are not full on the monolith creeps side. There is a small chance that you won't be able to play.

The whole problem is in the monolith creeps side

Look at this example in the attachments:
I made a simple 2v2 room in this map. (Red and purple) vs (pink and green). In game however, there is a weird chance that random slots get swapped, in the image green got swapped with gray, it worked for pink but that doesn't exclude the chance of pink being affected by this random swapping, which is bad because in case we wanted to play 3v3 with human players, this would affect them and might end up in a 3v1 or 3v2 NOT 3v3.

I tried to tick the fixed starting location on and off for the monolith creeps but it didn't work.

Attachments

• image1.png
    image1.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 6
  • image2.png
    image2.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 7
  • image3.png
    image3.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 6

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Are you sure it's not just changing their colors? I saw a bunch of color changing triggers that affects the Creep players which would be purely aesthetic and wouldn't have any affect on the gameplay. But anyway, I can take a look again soon now that I know the triggers were designed with Creeps being AI controlled. There's definitely some issue where the game is assuming the Creep is an AI (when it's not) which messes things up.

Level 1
Are you sure it's not just changing their colors? I saw a bunch of color changing triggers that affects the Creep players which would be purely aesthetic and wouldn't have any affect on the gameplay. But anyway, I can take a look again soon now that I know the triggers were designed with Creeps being AI controlled. There's definitely some issue where the game is assuming the Creep is an AI (when it's not) which messes things up.
Yes.
The first 2 examples in the main post were:
1- I tried to do 1v1, so I went monolith creep (pink) but then in-game It became (green) and I wasn't able to control it (not mine).
2- I tried to do 2v2, so I went again monolith creep (dark green), funny enough this was different because the color dark green stayed in-game but I wasn't able to control it either. I just spectate.

Status
Not open for further replies.