• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

need some uncommon risk triggering help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hello all, in my risk map i have all the regions/cities and am currently working on game modes. right now im working on a Light vs Dark mode where at the start players choose either 1 of 8 light regions or 1 of 7 regions. this can cause severe imbalance issues since 1 side can be stacked with players while the other side is heavily outnumbered from the start. so right now im trying to make it so that after the 60 second intro (of picking teams) is done i want 2 things:

1. all players who haven't chosen a side (via buying an item in the bottom corner) are give a random region on the side with the least players
2. the empty regions are randomly given to a player on that side. example: 6 people chose the light side leaving 2 light side regions left, 1 player is chosen from the light side to take empty region A while another is chosen to take empty region B

as i am asking for a lot i will be generous with rep :) thanks!

Level 6
lol your question is not very easy but it's performable...
Maybe with something like this:
You make variable--regioncount1 and regioncount2 which counts players in region
Then you set if regioncount1 is greater that regioncount2, unit owned by (player %) doesn't posses your item---> give to it region with lesser players and vice versa... hope this helps out just a bit...:p

Level 11
meh +rep for trying but that sounds pretty confusing. not that im looking for an easy way to do this (as i dont beleive their is one) and im pretty trigger capable but that sounds.. bleh lol. seems like their should be a better way to do things :(

Status
Not open for further replies.