• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What is your favorite Warcraft 3 map right now? All time?

Level 32
Perhaps one of the most basic wc3 topics but I think that we can get some fun memories and discussion going!

What is your favorite warcraft 3 map or custom game at the moment? Or what is your favorite map of all time?

warcraft 3 favorite maps transparent.png

Level 11
I'd probably have to say Lord of the Rings Risk: Strongholds. There was a lot of effort put into it and its lots of fun to play.

Azeroth Wars is a close second because, unlike Strongholds, its possible to sort of play in Singleplayer and I really love the faction and event mechanics.

Level 32
LET'S GO FIRST CONTRIBUTOR

I'd probably have to say Lord of the Rings Risk: Strongholds. There was a lot of effort put into it and its lots of fun to play.

Azeroth Wars is a close second because, unlike Strongholds, its possible to sort of play in Singleplayer and I really love the faction and event mechanics.
Azeroth Wars is in my top also!! That community was pretty hardcore with both the warcraft lore and balance. Multiple forums like diplomunion for it, and even youtube casters like Azothan. I could get lost in that one. I played a bunch of lotr risk also, it was a lot more casual than the other risk games.

For me, my favorite and most played map is Risk Devo / Risk Europe. There's something about about playing on that European theater with competitive and diplomatic strategies in a free for all. God I've had 10 minute games and I've had 2+ hour games in stalemates watching every move.

Second I'd go with Uther Party, that map I laugh with friends with most where you just screw each other over in minigames.

Level 12
WinterMaulWars Tournament Edition would have to be in the top 10 for sure, it's a version of MWM that isn't that popular, but is the best one ever made. Sadly it stopped receiving updates a long time ago, and you might no longer be able to find it, but I saved a copy of the map so it doesn't matter ;D

Farmer vs Hunter, Jurassic and TreeTag, CustomCastleDefense are survival maps I played the most.
And an honorable mention to CastleFight.

Level 27
Wonder if there are any SEA players here who used to played on old Garena LAN server, because back then, I really enjoyed Circle TD, Trolls & Elves, Tom & Jerry, and X Hero Siege.

Fun story with X Hero Siege. In the version I played, everyone used to pick powerful mobbing Heroes like Dryad and Blademaster, while I only went with Lich. He didn't do jack shit early game, but when the final bosses come, his Death and Decay hard carried my entire team. Needless to say, he remained as my pocket pick, whenever other OP heroes are picked.

If we're talking about custom campaigns, there are a lot of strong contenders, but I'll go with two: Wanderers of Sorceria and Legends of Arkain True Story.