• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III - Patch 1.30.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
does anyone know why?

began to occur as soon as you upgraded to this latest patch

Attachments

• b0d93c1a-cc61-4131-9ded-dc7a0718edc0.jpg
    b0d93c1a-cc61-4131-9ded-dc7a0718edc0.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 112

~El

Level 17
I remember people mentioning in this thread that using GamecacheSync natives causes a desync. I have tested this, and have come to the following conclusions:

> Whether a desync occurs seems to depend on how many Sync calls are made in a single frame.
> The "cutoff point" seems to be 345 Sync calls per frame. 344 or less are perfectly safe. 345 or more lead to desyncs in 100% of the times.
> It must be noted that this did not cause desyncs in the past, as I have a save/load system that heavily relies on these calls, and it has been tested on prior patches with no such issues.

Could this be a regression caused by the new desync detection system? It'd be great if Blizzard looked into this, as it severely limits save/load capabilities. We have no other options other than to use these natives. @Kam

Level 4
I remember people mentioning in this thread that using GamecacheSync natives causes a desync. I have tested this, and have come to the following conclusions:

> Whether a desync occurs seems to depend on how many Sync calls are made in a single frame.
> The "cutoff point" seems to be 345 Sync calls per frame. 344 or less are perfectly safe. 345 or more lead to desyncs in 100% of the times.
> It must be noted that this did not cause desyncs in the past, as I have a save/load system that heavily relies on these calls, and it has been tested on prior patches with no such issues.

Could this be a regression caused by the new desync detection system? It'd be great if Blizzard looked into this, as it severely limits save/load capabilities. We have no other options other than to use these natives. @Kam

I'll try to remove the save / load system from my map to see if it works.

Level 2

I just created an account to ask about this. I experience crashes with a map I am editing on this new patch. It never happened on earlier patches. The map has only GUI triggers with the exception of custom code to avoid leaking triggers. The map desyncs after 00:00 seconds. I tried to have no triggers fire in the first 2 seconds but it still does not matter. I only have triggers run on map initialisation to set up forces and variables. What do you suggest I do? Thanks for reading this.

~El

Level 17
I just created an account to ask about this. I experience crashes with a map I am editing on this new patch. It never happened on earlier patches. The map has only GUI triggers with the exception of custom code to avoid leaking triggers. The map desyncs after 00:00 seconds. I tried to have no triggers fire in the first 2 seconds but it still does not matter. I only have triggers run on map initialisation to set up forces and variables. What do you suggest I do? Thanks for reading this.

Unfortunately, it probably has nothing to do with the bug I mentioned. As it stands right now, a lot of maps currently desync randomly, or always, at map start for no real good reason, maps that worked fine before the patches.

I'm not an expert on these new desyncs and what's causing them (I don't think anyone really has a good grasp on this), but as other people mentioned, there are several things you can do to try and mitigate this:

> Every player must restart their game after they play even one other map.
> Make sure you do not use any widgetizers on your map. These have been known to cause desyncs even on past patches. It could be that the patches simply amplified this problem.
> If you use any optimizers, try disabling those too.

There's really no solution to this. Some maps desync more frequently than others, some less, but nobody really seems to know how or why or how to avoid it.

If your map desyncs 100% of the time, you'll have to spend a lot of time and effort disabling/removing things from the map to find the culprit. I.e. remove something, test in multiplayer, rinse and repeat until the issue goes away. This could really be anything:

1. Triggers
2. Optimizers/Widgetizers
3. Systems imported from other places
4. Units and other object data
5. Constant modifications
6. Custom content / imports
7. and so on...

Try removing all the triggers (on a copy of the map) and seeing if that helps. Doesn't matter that the map (obviously) won't work, if it stops desyncing with no triggers attached, you can at least know that the issue was in the triggers, and discard all the other points. If that doesn't help, you'll know not to look there. Same with the other things.

Good luck.

I have found that you must run nearly everything outside of map loading or it will desync 100% of the time.

Level 4
Where are the maps located in the new CASC Archives? They don't have the same file structure as the old mpq's, so theres no "Maps" folder anywhere that I can see.

Edit: Found Em. They're not in the war3.mpq folder where everything else is, they are in the xxxx-war3local.mpq files. (xxxx is your local region, e.g., enus, kokr, etc.)

Edit 2: Now I can't open the World Editor. Did I kill it?

Last edited:
Level 18
Where are the maps located in the new CASC Archives? They don't have the same file structure as the old mpq's, so theres no "Maps" folder anywhere that I can see.

Edit: Found Em. They're not in the war3.mpq folder where everything else is, they are in the xxxx-war3local.mpq files. (xxxx is your local region, e.g., enus, kokr, etc.)

Edit 2: Now I can't open the World Editor. Did I kill it?
This isn't the place for this, go ask for help on the forums.

Level 13
On Sunday i had reports about desync issues with my map (which is odd as this version has been running since before Christmas - not sure if Blizzard recently patched/hotfixed something to cause this problem to appear). Anyway, it was the kind of desync that happens when players are finished loading into the game - i have (seemingly) resolved the problem by changing all map initialization triggers and all elapsed time = 0 triggers to occur shortly after all players have loaded into the game.

Level 7
On the 14th September I reported the desync issues caused by 1.30.1 here: Warcraft III - Patch 1.30.1

I linked several maps which had this issue, including my own.

On the 18th September I asked Kam if these issues were being worked on as priority, to which he said he did not know of any issues in his testing and asked what maps they occured in. Despite the fact that I already reported this. and that it was apparent in a great number of maps more than the ones I reported. I linked him the report I made again.

2 and a half months later, we are now on 1.30.2 (and 5 hotfixes later) and my map STILL encounters this desync.

I also reported at the same time in September that with two abilities based on channel with the same orderid, a trigger with the condition 'Ability being Cast = Ability 1' also fires for Ability 2.

Again, this has not been fixed.

Why is there a patch on PTR when you are not fixing crucial issues? I already had to wait 2 months for 1.30.2 to come with bugfixes that in any modern game would be released as a hotfix ASAP, only to find that it did not even fix anything I had reported. 4 hotfixes into 1.30.2 and clan ban still doesn't work. A basic function of how your game operates doesn't work and there isn't a hotfix for this?

I already had to recreate my map from scratch at the start of this year because it used an older editor that is now outdated (UMSWE) resulting in triggers simply not working thanks to the new patches. Now my recreated map is unplayable too because of desyncs.

Our little community for the map used to have 400 games played on autohost every month. Now the map has at least one player desyncing and there is no autohost so the community has simply gone within the space of 3-4 months, after surviving for 11 years.

Please, help me.

Level 19
I also reported at the same time in September that with two abilities based on channel with the same orderid, a trigger with the condition 'Ability being Cast = Ability 1' also fires for Ability 2.

Again, this has not been fixed.
??? Do you have 2 abilities with the same order ID on the same unit and wonder why it doesn't work well? FYI casting an ability actually based on the order, not ability, therefore EACH ability with the same order will be fired. Thats intentional and must-preserve state of the game as is. The only thing which has to be done about it is to allow add our custom order IDs. The behavior should stay this way.
Correct me if I got you wrong.

Level 7
I don't mean casting the ability, I mean doing a check to see what ability was cast. Say you have two abilities, Ability 1 and Ability 2. They are both based on Channel and have the same orderid. If you two triggers, one with a condition that checks if the ability cast was ability 1 and one that checkes if the ability cast was ability 2, it will run the first trigger for both abilities and the second trigger for neither.

Seems like a bug to me. It wasn't that way prior to 1.30.1 and it changing broke functions in maps that had it this way already. Which can be a problem if the map is not maintained.

I am more concerned with the rest of what I posted though.

Level 19
I don't mean casting the ability, I mean doing a check to see what ability was cast. Say you have two abilities, Ability 1 and Ability 2. They are both based on Channel and have the same orderid. If you two triggers, one with a condition that checks if the ability cast was ability 1 and one that checkes if the ability cast was ability 2, it will run the first trigger for both abilities and the second trigger for neither.
but you have both abils on the same unit, right? Was casted or being casted, irrelevant, we're speaking of 2 simultaneous actions, and that's normal. You should really check out older patchs.. if there are ways to downgrade tho.
I wont laugh about official support. I won't.

Level 14
@Civiliznations They changed the order of the internal ability list. It used to be that abilities added would be iterated in the added order (first added - first iterated). Now the last ability added is the one iterated first. This means if you have two abilities with the same hotkey, the last added will be cast now not the first like before. This could be the reason why you are having this new issue.

Level 2
The question is, if Blizzard killed the mpq and changed it to .001, would something be created to open the files and a model editor that accepts this type of file?.

Oh and in the Spanish version, not only does the shaman speak in English, in the last mission of the humans at the beginning they speak in English, Furion speaks in English, and others that I do not know, but he does have those errors.

Last edited:
Level 5
The question is, if Blizzard killed the mpq and changed it to .001, would something be created to open the files and a model editor that accepts this type of file?.

Oh and in the Spanish version, not only does the shaman speak in English, in the last mission of the humans at the beginning they speak in English, Furion speaks in English, and others that I do not know, but he does have those errors.
It's already created. Program is called CASC viewer.

Also in the German version, furion & Shaman use many english lines since V1.30 (Casc Migration).

Level 2
It's already created. Program is called CASC viewer.

Thank you :D

I have noticed that Blizzard joined all the languages in a game, because they do not create better an option that can be changed the voices for other languages or the language of the game?, it may also be that there is the problem, that sometimes the game of insurance in the voices is placed in the game files in the other language and confused, so I see is the English version that makes conflict and have to patch it, there is also a bug in the mission of the fall of Silvermoon that by taking a Banshee and using Possession, the Elf Peasant can not build the barracks or the towers, I hope some modders who work in Blizzard see these errors :D and it would be better to change the mission of the human farms to those of the elves.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I sought refuge from DCs by replaying the campaign until they fix b.net.
unknown.png

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

@EredarArbeiterYU It might be my installation being faulty though because some other folk couldn't reproduce it. Basically that happened when continuing from the preceding mission to the final UD TFT one, skipping all the cutscenes. I attached the savegame if someone wants to try.

Edit: Doesn't happen all the time btw, took 3 tries to get it from that savegame file.

Attachments

• ud dc dialog inc.w3z.zip
    1 MB · Views: 69
Last edited by a moderator:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Just saw the patch notes.
— Alchemist now keeps getting nerfed. I did warn, it was a bad idea to buff Acid Bomb. Alchemist deals quite a lot of burst if he pairs it with Chemical Rage. I suppose this was meant to buff it when he pairs it with Healing Spray instead, but I haven't seen anyone using Alchemist as a healer.
— As for Mountain Giants, it seems there's the impression they're too good when massed? There's almost no game where I've been glad to get giants over bears, as they fall easily to heavy melee without dealing any viable damage.

Level 14
Just saw the patch notes.
— Alchemist now keeps getting nerfed. I did warn, it was a bad idea to buff Acid Bomb. Alchemist deals quite a lot of burst if he pairs it with Chemical Rage. I suppose this was meant to buff it when he pairs it with Healing Spray instead, but I haven't seen anyone using Alchemist as a healer.
— As for Mountain Giants, it seems there's the impression they're too good when massed? There's almost no game where I've been glad to get giants over bears, as they fall easily to heavy melee without dealing any viable damage.

Well, I think I have to disagree here, although I agree that Acid Bomb is (was?) too strong.

If you watch the latest competitive pro-games in tournaments, there certainly was a massive usage of Heal-Spray and MGs. Just one random example from the last WGL, semi-final, Foggy vs Infi.

Level 1
Can you please help me someone? I can not upgrade to new version. I am desperate cause I tried everything. Thanks...

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I sought refuge from DCs by replaying the campaign until they fix b.net.
unknown.png
I reinstalled WC3 that day, after which the dialog didn't pop up anymore. But now it did once again, while playing NE RoC final mission (by continuing straight from previous one). It's hard to pin down when this happens thus I can't really give steps to reproduce. I'm on latest patch.
unknown.png

Level 8
I know people praise the Blizzard too much here but i just want to say that i'm sick and tired of this random desynic ruing gameplay. It's happening so damn often now it's painfuly obvious that the new patches are the cause. God do i hate this incompetent company. Came back to ruin a 16 year old game. Thanks Blizzard.

Level 15
Anyone else experienced this bug? I changed password on my main account and ever since I haven't been able to login. I don't have any email configured to it so can't recover it. Another odd feature is that every time i look Pinzu appears online in the clan screen but offline when i do /whois (my other acc is tag0). Other people have confirmed that my main acc appears online to them as well.

When I enter the correct password I lose connection from the login screen, otherwise i get 3.2 error (or something like that).

upload_2019-1-13_20-48-36.png

Battle.net oddities... ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.