• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Warcraft: A New Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
hmm Twif will it be fine if i use mana for demons but like they have no regen or anything but the manipulation will be done through triggers. And about the color changing bar... is it fine if i make it just change colors 2 times like if its 50% turns orange 80% turns red.

Level 12
The Scourge are the only ones who ever had any Frost Wyrms and Crypt Fiends. Necromancers have obviously been part of the Forsaken, but Death Knights weren't part of the Forsaken at all until the Knights of the Ebon Blade returned to their respective factions. The Forsaken have traditionally made more use of banshees, but they have similar usage of constructs (abominations) and apothecaries (plague researchers).

Not sure how training possessed humans would be more effective than just using your own troops. The Forsaken seem to have an entire quarter of their capital dedicated to rogues anyway. On the note of the Ogres, Sylvanas lost control of the Crushridge Ogres when Mug'Thol, their chief, obtained the Crown of Will. This crown gave the Ogre Warlord the ability to resist the possession put in place by the Banshee Queen.

---

Just some food for thought. /lore

That's what I pretty much said... except for the Knights of Ebon Blade, that are WoW's. Forsaken creating a plague? That would be too WoWish again, that's why I did not suggested. But if they accept...

Well, it's like a Death knight said to me: There's nothing better to fight fire with fire... (Forsaken vs Human Resistance, in the case.) Well, and they will innovate and surprise the scourge if they found humans and other possessed creatures within their ranks. And it makes sense... also lore-wise. (There are many chapters where Sylvanas make use of Possession to go through difficulties)

ADMIN

ahahah OMG. i would NEVER not include the scourge. as i said, not a melee race, but NEVER not playable. i never even suggested that. Yes i have heard of the thereamore/proudmoore conflict. lol. and yes the burning legion is powerful, but, again, with the nature of the invasion, they have been limited. (only in the early storyline. melee play is based off early demon camps.) the scourge is also active in the campagins. sorry if i missed anything.

Omniferous:

Just what i was thinking.

We never asked you to. But again, you're not giving it any importance at all... apparently, they're so unimportant that they don't even have a race. But if they are so similar to the Forsaken, them rename the second's race as Undead! Wouldn't it be easier? Even if the only playable faction of are the Forsaken... but it is just not fair with the LK. Anyway, it is the objective of the Forsaken to kill the Lich King... how can they even do that if Scourge does not have a current race? (Even if it is a goddamn modified one, as in the last chapter of the RoC campaign. Just rename the race to undead and provide more feedback about the Lich king and it should be enough. Also, making the same to the southern kingdoms would be better. And you also said that they easily died to the forces coming from north... that even if it was little, they put some resistance. And they knew what was coming, so the southern kingdoms should have more importance too (not as playable, but as a human bastion where the savage humans could be going... Also, if you do not separate the savage humans from the few civilized ones, would make sense. The savage humans would once again get a grasp of civilization...)

I also agree with Kingz on many points. And really, if you can't fill those holes, than this project (sorry, but... it is the truth) will be a extreme failure. I'm pointing out the holes, but you keep repeating the same thing over and over (I'm not making Stormwind playable, I'm not making Scourge playable, they're too imba, etc etc etc) instead of actually paying attention to what I'm saying and making the proper changes. I mean, people will notice a hour or another that Northrend suddenly vanished from the world, that Stormwind died and disappeared out of nothing....

WoW! Dude, that is amazing. Thankyou, I guess I had you figured out all wrong, will you accept my apology? I really do fail to see the bigger a lot of the time. :(

About the merge... TWIF we need to talk, whether we combine lore/choose one over the other or start anew, it's a decision that could only benefit the both of us and bring a Warcraft IV : Starcraft II conversion worthy of it's name...

New thread, new name, "50:50" leadership. If we can come up with a suitable lore compromise, will you 'both' at 'least' consider it?

I noticed you have merged before king, it's only benefited you in the long run, no?

We both have assets/skills and team members the other could use.

Heck, I'd quit this project right now, 'if' it increased the chances of the 'Ultimate Warcraft IV Mod' being created, I'm not in this for me.

----> Were both after the same thing (I think) <----

A Warcraft IV conversion 'for' the community... why have two when we could have: 'THE' Warcraft IV conversion.

:) Kingz, I will read your lore now.

EDIT: Wow, whether you two see it or not, our stories are more similar than you could imagine, especially the humans.

I don't mean anywhere near identical, but rather only some small modifications would be needed to either version, I could live with that. Can you two?

Simple compromise: Take the four 'basic' races as outlined in Kingz, add 'one' of ours Outland/TBL- This is a suggestion, so idk, but you get the idea.

-> Arthas would be pretty much rendered unplayable, at least for the most part in your story I presume? Which is what we wanted...

I'm not sure I understand what this 'convent of the blackened' is... bit confusing, could you enlighten me ?

Also agree with Grey's post and would like to see Kingz's lore, though I couldn't find it.

Edit: By the way, the logo's really good. Now that's the logo I was looking four... the logo you guys use now is polished, but it just not fits. (there is a little error though... it is Legacy of the Damned, not Legend of the Damned. But pretty good work!)

Level 20
*sighs*

Thanks for the feedback Sasuhkun, explanatory as always. Yes we understand, or I do (can't speak for everyone I guess), that there is a lot of holes in our lore, it's all ideas up in the air at the moment, as for the Forsaken, I'm going to try and explain this as carefully and simply as possible, one last time...

:) Don't worry I'm not mad, just tired, it's been a loooong week!

*Draws in a deep breath*

The Scourge will have a race, it will be different, just like the various enemies in Warcraft III's campaigns, Naga being a glowing example.

We just have no plans to make that race a 'melee' version, again this may change... but it's unlikely, due to the below...

We term them 'The Forsaken' because we want people to see that they are getting something new (whether they like this or not), we want them to know we where we plan on expanding, I guess we could just categorize them as undead and probably will within the game's melee/race choosing.

At the end of the day, to be blunt. You wouldn't notice any difference between Forsaken/Scourge in melee, only the campaign. So if you want to continue asking questions about why we aren't giving them one/doing it from their point of view, ok ask away and I'll politely answer your questions and throw your suggestions around the 'Dev Chat' but no more Scourge melee talk, none, zero, zilch :) They are undead, melee race = undead, end of. Ok?

Again... any questions relating the Scourge and campaign, shoot, I will answer to the best of my ability. :wink:

ADMIN

While i appreciate your concerne immensly, but, as i said earlier, stormwind fell like loaderon. -.- why is that hard to understand? and why don't you listen to that? WE LOVE YOUR RESPONSES. Do somthing so that we can make a good adress of your questions: List off all of yor questions and concerns is an easy to read and adressable format. e.g:

Ect. And please try to keep it to one or two lines.

Level 20
Oh Sasuhkun, one more thing mate - Please you could cut your quotes down 'wee' bit? Rather than use the whole post, I know it's a pain but your posts are HUGE! :)

EDIT: Also note, we are trying to keep as much of the story under-wraps as possible, so bare with us, it's very hard to explain lore choices without exposing too much of that which we would like to surprise you with :p

We'll do our best though ;)

Level 20
Kingz, we really appreciate the logo and I'm not holding this against you, it's fantastic, but the spelling mistake is rather awkward, again not your fault, we thankyou ever so much for trying - you are obviously very talented.

I would also say, don't waste your time on us again, see to your own project mate, you'll have a lot to sort out I'm sure, were so sorry for all this... 'misunderstanding' ¬.¬

I hope the next time we meet, it'll be on good terms, sharing resources and or knowledge/feedback, best of luck to you, your team and your project.

Don't worry about the logo, we've got someone on it as TWIF pointed out, thanks again anyway.

~ Grey

Level 8
lotdlogo2.jpg

{EDIT}
I will also say that after this I'm not wasting my time on this project anymore. Regardless if he didn't mean it, TWIF insulted me greatly last night after I've went out of my way to help you guys out.

I don't care if he apologized to me, he still did what he did after all I've done. I'll check in on this thread every now and then, but apart from that you won't be seeing me much. I'm going to private message the people who are interested in my lore. Good luck with the project, hopefully I can talk to you again when you are not so hostile and defensive. I'm sorry to go off on such bad note.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 12
I'm too lazy to cut down the posts... and sometimes I just don't have that time. And you FINALLY cleared my doubts. (Though I still think Stormwind should have survived.. I mean, the plague was in the north, everything was in the north, and Stormwind intact, but knowing of the events in the north. They prepared, and battle in ONE front only (WITH the help of the CAPITAL of the dwarfs...). If they DID died, then another lore about THE FALL OF STORMWIND would be nice. Could be really good, with love, and betrayals, and dramas, and comedies, and whatever :B)

King, another tip to the logo (if you still want to work on with it) the clouds were the title is written are occupying a part of the IV, making it look strange. If you do edit it again, it is possible to put the clouds (and so, the title) below the IV? It would look better... I think. Well, great job everyone. Keep working hard!

(Grey, might be better to update the 1st post with that information. It would, undoubtfully, clear not only my mind but the minds of futures... ahn... persons like me, ya know. With both the explanation of what you said about the Scourge-Forsaken relationship about the races, and the lore of the STORMWIND FALL

Level 20
I will indeed talk to flat about putting that in the main thread, good idea.

However about stormwind lore, that exact post explains why you won't be seeing much! D:

We want people to play the campaign for fun and to follow the story, so as little as possible shall be revealed :D

Tell me if you disagree with this. Should the story be made public knowledge before release?

+ As TWIF says, I will reveal this, just for you sasuhkun, STORMWIND will FALL in our campaigns, therefore it is not playable, because it dies D:

lol

Arthas lives in the north, Stormwind is in the north, he will attack from the n-... get it? :wink:

Level 3
hey guys I've got to doing some prac drawings this weekend, I said I would do some related to this project last weekend cept for some reason my wacom drivers keep disappearing in windows 7 and my tablet wouldn't work.

I reinstalled everything and it's working now and today I randomly started drawing a 'Dire Troll'... I dunno so much if this is a worthwhile concept for your project but I'm hoping once done it would at least make for a good loading screen picture....

...plus when I saw what a WOW dire troll looked like I hated it and had to design my own lol. more on that 2moro

Level 3
I know I'm kinda late, but i'd like to join the project to.
I can do data editor, brainstorm also 2D artist.

Level 20
I know I'm kinda late, but i'd like to join the project to.
I can do data editor, brainstorm also 2D artist.

This is a long road were travelling, we'll be accepting help all along the way. Do you have any example work? A drawing? ScII map etc?

Taylor, that is FANTASTIC, I have no doubt, WCIV will look more than the part, with models like that.

The only bit of criticism I could give would be unjust. I'm just curious: what is with the thinning between thigh and leg? I have seen this on many models and must admit I have no idea what it's all about.

Level 5
I'm just curious: what is with the thinning between thigh and leg? I have seen this on many models and must admit I have no idea what it's all about.

The knee joint joins the thigh with the leg and consists of two articulations: one between the femur and tibia, and one between the femur and patella.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knee

There are some pretty good pictures online that can give you an idea of what one looks like, or alternatively you can roll up your pant leg and look at your own.

Level 3
Taylor, model looks pretty good... cept how many polys is it? Another thread states a SC2 zealot has approx 2.5k polygons, which is a substantial difference to warcraft 3... you should probably try and soften some of the edges and flesh it out a bit more with a poly count closer to the level of the game

Level 9
I offer help as concept artist, and maybe a little 3d if needed and also maybe some terrains once I get my hand on the editor. Wanted to join this project first since I atm don't have time to do a mod by myself. Just confirm if application is accepted..thanks

Lich is somehow right. I hope you will finish this project, because it sounds interesting,
and quite good.
But that's with most of the big projects: They are announced to forums at 0%.
Then the project goes to somewhat under the half, and then it's being cancelled,
because nobody of the team are up to work on it anymore.
Okay, there are also some projects like TKoK, that are quite active and also finished
(excpet updating). But you can't foreclose this.
Especially the models. You guys are producing some sort of 'custom' game.
Like real producers. You want to make all races with custom models, that's quite a task.
And with no real schooling, it's hard to lead/work a big project.

But enough bad things :)
Hope this project gets finished and I wish you good luck on it!

ADMIN:

Then your all lucky i've taken courses in game design and managment.

while your very right lich, if you look, on this page alone, 2 people have asked to join, we are active, and are already making intense progress.

Taylor, will you skin, or should i give the uv to somone?

Ok, so guys who want to join:
1. if your terrain or data and have the editor, give examples.
2. if your a writer, or artist, a *small* example of your work.
3. if your a 3d artist, link to pervious work
4. we only accept ACTIVE MEMBERS. who are on, and post atleast 3 days a week (preferably 7)
5. Repost your submissions with examples.

NOTICE:

If you have joined the team, or requested to join, please post by TUESDAY of the upcoming week, or you will be removed from the roster.
WE ONLY ACCCEPT ACTIVE MEMBERS.

Swell, what about the logo I made, any good or trashbin ?

The model is, as I said a base model, so not too many polys is good, caus then there can be added a lot of features like helmet, boot, armor, shoulder pads, weapans, hair and other features so it can go up to 2.5K polys

T.

NICE !! I love it :cool:

T.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 5
I was just saying to be sure to keep team active. I hate when big projects are deserted or don't get finished. Anyway good luck people.

Level 20
I think the great thing about this mod, is because it is such a big/popular project/idea even if all the current team did quit, our resources could easily be used elsewhere.

I personally do not foresee myself leaving any time soon though, I have an extended summer break to fill up D:

Taylor, I personally love the logo, simple and effective - are you ok with both it and the finished model going up on moddb? :)

EDIT: I can vouch for Pangahas' 2d and 3d art skills, easily worthy of the team.

Level 12
I will indeed talk to flat about putting that in the main thread, good idea.

However about stormwind lore, that exact post explains why you won't be seeing much! D:

We want people to play the campaign for fun and to follow the story, so as little as possible shall be revealed :D

Tell me if you disagree with this. Should the story be made public knowledge before release?

+ As TWIF says, I will reveal this, just for you sasuhkun, STORMWIND will FALL in our campaigns, therefore it is not playable, because it dies D:

lol

Arthas lives in the north, Stormwind is in the north, he will attack from the n-... get it? :wink:

(Stormwind is in the north? Since when...? Stormwind is propably the kingdom that is more far to the south of the entire game o_O Right... well, you should still write a lore for it anyway, since it won't be unplayable [Though I still think that it should appear as a bastion of human resistance, even if they reside in the goddamn ruins! Hell yeah!])

Ah, everything is good for me :D

Level 3
PiPo, you can join at any time. as long as your active.

Ok nice, i think i will join later since right now i don't think u really need much of icons. I have a beta key and that's really nice. I'm still learning more from the SC2 editor, right now I can't do much with it although I've made some simple custom races already, based on models from the game.

Level 20
Haha, great stuff Taylor :) Uploaded the images, will compile a news article tonight or tomorrow as well.

@WOWWARS, what did you apply for? Sorry I missed it and although TWIF said 'as long as your active' the obvious still goes; We will need to see some sort of previous work or examples of what you can do.

@PiPo, Same as above. I agree, we have very little need for icons atm (Though other 2d work, e.g. concept art/UI is needed), but as we said we will always have positions for skilled members - feel free to come back and post some examples when your ready. :)

EDIT: You may also want to get your post count/rep up a bit, as we can't make a very good judgement on your personality or
hive activity atm.

Admin:

WoWars: as long as you can show us your skills, ect. you can join. activity needed too.

PiPo: if your a 2d artist, we will gladly take you. work can never start too early. but again, an example plox.

Pangahas: i saw your stuff. real good. activity is my only concern.

Lich: thanks for your concern, i know what you mean.

Taylor. we have 2. apparently. -.- ask ampharos to skin the orc. Ampharos_222.

Update:

Ok, guys. This is what I want to be a FINISHED, ADVANCED, and ACTIVE project. I m concerned that the mass of joinees are NOT active enough. I understand that this is exam time, but in order for us to have a successful project, we have to have an active, skilled, and dedicated team. And aside from a few people, I’m not really seeing this, to be frank.

If you are part of the team, remember, a purge is coming into effect in 2 days. And if I detect ANYONE not being active, they will be talked to, and if they cannot be, or prove activity, they WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE ROSTER. There are a variety of reasons:

I am really not interesting in being the lead in an inactive, failing project. Not at all. The reason I made a thread in the first place is because we are a TEAM. We are WORKING on a project. Most of you wouldn’t dream of coming to your jobs intermittently. (Or school) Well I expect dedication from my team. I know it’s silly to think that you will put our project first, but if you are going to be part of the team, and call yourself members, then you have to give back to us. This is a group of people DEDICATED to our project. And anyone who can’t put in that kind of dedication, you won't be involved. Also, if you are currently doing NOTHING for the team, start asking or doing something. Don’t wait around for me to tell you what to do. Ask, or start concepting again, at school or work, you don't sit around doing nothing. I want my team busy and active, and I know the needs of the team will be obvious when we all discuss things (Hence the reason I want you guys to give me your MSN so you can join the discussion group chat, and why I am going to be posting a ‘monthly to-do list’ that will clarify the moths objectives. Just ask if you have nothing to do in the meantime, however)

I'm sorry to disappoint anyone who is interested in this project, but doesn’t have the time. But we are a team, we all share the work. I know it’s allot to expect, but I am putting much of my time into this project, and allot of effort. And when i put it up on the hive, it when from being 'my' project, to 'our' project, and therefore, we all have to put in an equal amount of time. (or at least a equal ‘value’) by joining the team, you have pledged to share the work of this project with all members. No one member should be doing more work than the others, while those who work less still receive the benefits of membership, and have pledged membership but fail to live up to the responsibility associated.

Kudos to grey, Taylor, fulla, reaper51, and real for being perfect and dedicated workers.

On another note:
Guys, things will be changing dramatically during the beta, I have almost no doubt, so try not to get too attached to our current builds, and don't be shy to try strange ideas that may not work, because they will be changed during our betas. (Most games to extensively change during betas that feature alpha build betas.)

Thanks, and I hope with this shit cleared up, our fresh revitalized team can be very productive. let’s get our game faces on, and get goin' on this stuff. Ask me what to do next or just tackle something you figure that needs to be done.

WC4: SC2:
The Legacy of the Damned

Let’s do this shite.

Last edited:
Level 9
Well I only have limited internet access so I can't really be online all the time.But a weekly task won't be much a problem for me.If you assign me something to do I'll get it done.

Level 11
I agree with with flat, EVERYONE on our team must be active and productive, lets not waste a single day that will come back to us in the return of an early release. Flat please post our monthly schedule for May.

BTW: did takakenji join our project? Update who is on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.