• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft: A New Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
If you need some tooltips or descriptions, I'm starting to have time now. (retrying driving exam on friday)

Other than that, are you absolutely sure that the races listed in post nr. 1 are the only races what are going to be in the game? Just curious.

UPDATE:

Grey is being promoted to my second in command: Quartermaster

Yeah, i think that the first, primart demon unit is going to be a small tiny hovering guy (imagine the archon at 2 ft high and made of fire...) Thats the first demon unit. I also dont want the demons to have regular base mechnaics either. nore the outlanders.

Fuss:

Approved for general writing

Level 13
^Seconded^

EDIT: Anyways, this thread grows faster than a cannibal's belly in a nudist convention and I can't really keep track of all the lore is being remixed, so I'll just drop in my comments (no need to rep if I repeat something, thank you):
- The Remnants is an interesting idea, but what about Khaz Modan (Dwarven Kingdom?). At the end of WC3, it is still whole, so Lordaeron's survivors would probably flee there rather than going through the ocean to a recently discovered continent that not everyone knows of yet. And there's Stormwind too. It may not be mentioned in WC3, but it indeed had some weight in WC 1&2... And Gilneas... There's plenty of places to flee other than Theramore.
- I read somewhere around here that there were plans of assigning Garithos as a leader of the remnants, but that is difficult considering that he is... em... dead? (Killed by Varimathras at the end of the Forsaken campaing in FT).
- More Lore comments to come.

Other comments:
- Please do keep the front page updated with any changes.
- I think we should install a no-edit policy in this thread so it is easier to follow the flow of ideas.

Level 20
Alright guys, sorry for the long wait, here is what I would like you to do:

Write me a brief 'outline' or 'detailed plan' for the following:

-> Fussiler1: A short narrative on the events following up from Illidan's defeat in Northrend to his current state of recovery in Outland.

-> Masiah: A short narrative on the events following the prosperity of the Horde under Thrall's rule, in Orgrimmar/Durotar since the settling, to present day.

~ You are the writers, you will be making this up, this is why I only wish for a plan as of yet, anything not in the plan will be rejected in the final draft, so please be thorough.

Plans should be approx. 1/2 <-> 1 A4 Word page (Size 12, Times New Roman).

Thanks guys, deadline for plan is late this Friday, pm me if this will be a problem. I'm not unreasonable :p

Level 13
"Prosperity"? I was more thinking about internal fissures and all that, to give some thrill to the story.

Regarding demon gameplay: I vote for applying a necron-styled (Dawn of War anyone?) theme to the demon race, where all units are summoned from the main building (Portal to the Twisting Nether?) and all other structures are like upgrades for it (Magic crystals or so to "Improve" the portal and enabling more powerful units to be called forth?)

ADMIN

Masiah
Well, I acually had an idea similar to that developing for the demons... But i'm not ready yet to release it... I'l need to toy with the editor... Story wise, its up to you, but send us your outline FIRST.

And, jaina left for thereamore BEFORE the end of wc3. so its only being ore wise.

EVERYONE
Btw, i just realized that groups like the scarlet crusade and gnomes WERE in wc literature during wc3....

Level 15
Variable won't Increment....

Ok guys either I'm stupid or the trigger editor doesn't like me.
the line
time = time + 1;
does not want to run more than once. I don't know whats the problem.

Ive attached the map with the triggers Ignore the UI triggers they are a mess as of now. Please look at the Demon Phase System Folder.

To create units type -add U DG X
were X is the number of units.

To create supply type -add R SU X

thanks how you guys can help

WIP 2 : Just needs some tweaking here and there :grin:

Another 2.5 hours spent on this one

C&C plz

9757-albums3261-picture28374.png

T.

Level 13
Scarlet Crusade is awesome. We will it include it. Period.

:D

Now seriously, the Remnant idea could easily flow into a campaign as a group of survivors battle north into the lands of the Crusade to become recruits or something like that.

About Gnomes: Yeah, we had gnomes in WC2, we could include them too.

@The World Is Flat: Yeah, I know Jaina created Theramore during WC3, but I meant that the rest of the citizens that are still in Lordaeron don't necessarily need to know about it, considering that with war news tend to get around slower.
Regarding demons, do you have msn or something? I'd like to discuss the idea with you (and any other brainstormer ofc) as I did make some custom maps for WC3 with the demon race based completely on the idea of a central portal and I really loved it, and I would really like to see this idea implemented in the game. It sucks that I didn't get a beta key and I can't find a decent guide comparing C and Galaxy to start to learn the language, so I really don't know what limitations the editor has... (And I heard implementing custom script into the game is a real pain in the ass)

@TM: THAT IS SO AWESOME! Are you going to use it as a base model for all orc units?

EDIT: @real138
If galaxy is really based on C, try this:
time++;
Otherwise, C is pretty chaotic when working with real time (you need to include an appropriate library), I don't know if this applies to Galaxy.

Last edited:
Level 15
hmm i think with the newer engine for SC2 you can make the hands actually with fingers. Don't matter to much though. :)
hmm also what i have seen orcs have a bit more muscle on them. Increase the bicep size a bit and also the thighs as those areas are bigger than the forearm and calf.

ADMIN:

Masiah
yes, we have a msn discussion group. pm your msn and join.
we already concepted the demon race a bit... but its not too late to input.
Theramore: They don't.
Scarlet crusade: I thought about chaging the rememants to the scarlet crusade
Galaxy: therese a way to get the editor withoout beta acsess.

Taylor:
Great! i love it! But:

bigger muscles, smaller feet and hands (suggestion)

and not that its bad, but lets try and leep the polies at 1500 or o :D

I love it.

The model is just a base, so when I add armor, hair, weapons, etc, I'll probably hit the 1500+ polycount.
I'll enlarge the muscles and smaller the feet ( maybe I can use these settings of muscles for some of the other races :) )

Ok, time to tweak.

Question, does anyone know what Blizzard used for making the normal maps ?

Is that Mudbox or ZBrush or.... ?

T.

Level 20
I know very little on modelling, but I would assume it's an autdesk program; i.e.

3DS Max, Soft-Image or Maya?

Hope that helps!

The model's nice, it would benefit from a bit more muscle - though I wouldn't over do it.
Orcs I find, are generally very broad shouldered/chested but have much more compact legs, idk, just my opinion.

ADMIN

Taylor
Blizzard uses 3dsmax for all its sc2 models. Mikshape is a relativy terrible program. I guess they would use either zbrush or mudbox...
Good, yeah, i guess it will get higher.... but right now, lets put that guy on moddb, and the move on the demon work. :D i LOVE it. Are you going to try and do the anims? or are you going to try and find somone?

Fussiler1
They are now the Syndicate of Outland. They are called outland, because they are a union of outlands races, all trying to escape from the demons wrath...

one, the houndling, is like a zergling, small fast visicous, but hes like a miniature felhound. the other, is a little burning imp that is made in threes. he smalished, like the firelord, without armor, and 2 ft tall. they are alot fatter and rounder to, and throw fireballs. they are called fyrsprites. they are constantly burning... hard to describe. make one, and i'll provide suggestions.

@taylor mouse:
why dont u set up some morph targets and then use this orc as base for different others by just adjusting different amounts of morphing

i know blizz used 3dsmax (2009 i think)
u can make bump maps in 3dsmax, too...

just model out a highres model and then use the bake function ;)

Though using ZBrush or Mudbox is better i guess!
XNormal can bake out Normalmaps, too!

You could even use some program like PixPlant or CrazyBump for that issue, but it wont be as exact as a baked out map...

(on a side note, whats up with the sc2 models u wanted to send me?)

Level 13
Give me 'till Sunday for the Horde intro, for some unexplainable reason my professors deemed reasonable to make three exams pop up out of nowhere.

Level 20
One and a half days into it's life and the moddb page has near enough a whopping: 1,000 views, 500+ a day, if only we can keep it like that ^.^ ?

997 views at the time of writing.

Some updates to both thw (new stuff) and moddb (thw/porting old stuff) planned for later this week, stay tuned ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.