1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The member Kam is making HIVE coasters. Take a look. For every coaster you buy, Hive gets $1.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Buy it, use it, break it, fix it, trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it. Join (Optionally) Paired Techtree Contest #11 - Techno Magic now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. Hero Contest #8 is up and running! This time it's a joint contest between artists and coders. Go here for team matchmaking.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The ninth Concept Art Contest has launched. Enter now!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Our first StarCraft contest, The Galaxy Terraining Contest #1 - World Wonders has started. Enter to show off your Galaxy Editor skills and win a custom rank icon among other things.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Ever wanted to get your sets ready for fast texturing while still having fun? Now it is possible with our newest Mini-Texturing Contest.
    The Skeleton Units need your dire help!
    Dismiss Notice

Warcraft: A New Dawn

Discussion in 'Modifications Development & Presentation' started by Grey Nightmare, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Grey Nightmare

Grey Nightmare
    Please see our hosted forums for information about this upcoming modification!

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  2. The World Is Flat

The World Is Flat
    Wc4: Sc2

Reserved

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  3. real138

real138
    hmm I'm interested in joining.
    i already have the editor and have been playing around with it. so far made a movement system with WASD, and playing around with dialogs now :D
    <----- trigger

4. The World Is Flat

The World Is Flat
    Thats GREAT. I'll add you in as... what? o_O triggers/Brainstorm?

5. real138

real138
    sure those are my forte.
    jw what are you gonna be? :)

6. The World Is Flat

The World Is Flat
    Well, robably do some terraining, GUI, Data editor work, brainstorming, and managing the project.

7. real138

real138
    Ok sounds good. Well for now i gotta go.
    give me a UI to design I wanna try what i can whip up tonight :)

8. The World Is Flat

The World Is Flat
    Great. Added you, And I'll PM a UI Design.

9. Grey Nightmare

Grey Nightmare
    Very, very interesting and ambitious... I may well join you, if you'll have me... Let me think about it first :)

10. The World Is Flat

The World Is Flat
    Well if you want, the brainstorming sectino is open to everyone, however know this, brainstormers get only one vote, unless they are really awesome. people who do mutiple things get 2 votes. managers get 3. admins get 5. that way, people who are invested in the project get more votes. its not a preccise key, but the more you help, the more voting power you get.

11. Grey Nightmare

Grey Nightmare
    Ok, cool. Do you have any need for other skills/positions? Not saying I'll have any but it would be nice to know what your looking for :p

EDIT: Basically I'm am going to have A LOT of free time... 8 weeks or something cool :) And don't have anything to do as of yet, sept two weeks holiday! xD

Sc2 comes out in June? Perfect.

12. The World Is Flat

The World Is Flat
    Well so far, i can think of these: Brainstormer, GUI, Terrain, Galaxy, Data, and manager positions for all of those. maybe a few other if you guys think we could use em'

13. Grey Nightmare

Grey Nightmare
    Hmm, guess it depends on how big you want this, or how popular it gets.

I'm pretty sure there will be more than one attempt at this, obviously I'm hoping this is 'the one' in which case I can think of several more positions:

Already:

-> Multiple Programmers (triggers/g script)

-> Multiple Terrain/Map Makers

-> Data Editors

-> Managers (probably secondary positions?)

Ideas:

-> 2D graphics Textures/skins (photoshop etc)

-> Models/3D art (No doubt you'll be short on resources, at least to begin with).

-> Beta Testers (at a later date?).

-> Composers (it won't be wc4 with sc music xD).

-> Concept artists (for modeller/terrain reference).

-> Website/Signature maker, e.g. someone with knowledge in action script, html etc...

-> Directors/Designers, kind of similar to managers though in my opinion:

Managers: Who does what, time needs doing in etc...

Directors/Designers: Tell the terrain/triggers etc exactly what they want, "a combat system like this" or "No the music should be more like this..."

Most would see the above as the same I guess... :/

-> Writers - People knowledgable in wc4/3 lore and good English skills, you'll want a couple if you plan on doing a story driven campaign.

And if you REALLY wanted to be fussy, you could divide the above even further, seeing as how complex you can get with the new editor:

UI Design

Battle Director

Sound Mixer/Editor

Cinematic Design

Structure Modelling etc...

What your suggesting is HUGE, so the team will need to be to, I really hope you can pull this off, It would be so awesome o_O

14. The World Is Flat

The World Is Flat
    Somthing lik that is the plan. And i'll add all of those positions. The more people join, the better this will be.

SO: what positions do you want, and what accredidations do you have?

15. Masiah

Masiah
    I knew something like this would end popping up sooner or later. Kewl.

All I can offer is my imagination, my knowledge of Warcraft lore (pre and post wow) and my newly acquired C skills, which will seem to be useful with the new galaxy code.

16. The World Is Flat

The World Is Flat
    Ok...

UPDATE:

Added POSITIONS

Updated MEMBERS

Hid TEAM

17. Grey Nightmare

Grey Nightmare
    OK.

I don't have the galaxy editor yet so I refuse to apply for a position related to that (for obvious reasons) but will be more than happy to swap/jump positions as you/directors/managers want once I have a copy of the game.

I would like to apply for the following position/s.

-> Character Design, Story Composer/Vice Director and/or Descriptive writing. (Writing basically...)

-> I will help you with any HTML/JavaScript needs, if any, to the best of my ability, which should increase dramatically from June onwards (assuming you don't require me in the editor).

Reject/Accept as you will, but note that as mentioned I will work on anything else you need as long as I have the software to do so or can afford it.

So for example, I can't work in flash or dream weaver as I don't currently have access to them and don't know anywhere that does them at an affordable price (for me).

18. The World Is Flat

The World Is Flat
    You are approved for

Brainstormer
    Writer (director possibly...)

(Adding more writing categories. do you want plot writer, mini-writer, or general writer?)

19. Grey Nightmare

Grey Nightmare
    Please may I have a description of each one's tasks?

20. The World Is Flat

The World Is Flat
    Added in the main post. sorry.