• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Warcraft 3 overhaul now live!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Yes , I know this is the meaningful explanation of stuff , though alot of people plays wc3 for custom maps , I'lld have no problem I'm a melee guy but Azeroth Wars for example uses >1 gb itself in vanilla wc3 and cant be loaded with the mod , that was really disappointing to me cause I really love this map
Try setting down the texture quality from the game settings. It should cause Warcraft III to skip loading the highest mipmap level of large textures. I would imagine that having massive memory savings for such asset spamming maps. The textures will also not be any worse than the standard Warcraft III ones.
Do you guys have any plan to update the icons too? because i saw the videos, and they doesn't match at all with the new models, also maybe you can update the UI interface?
Outside of style consistencies, there is no reason to update the icons. Warcraft III icons are 64x64 pixels. Even on a 1920x1080 display they are like 69 or 70 pixels odd. Since the icons do not use mipmaps, using a 128x128 icon would be counter productive due to aliasing artefacts on most display resolutions, similar to why HD textures for terrain is counter productive.

Level 14
Sick work, but we need some videos to see the animations! I'm def subscribing to this thread.

I have about 21 missions of RoC up with Rebirth on youtube

likely I'm the only one.

I'm actually uploading one of the oldest campaigns created in WC3 from back in 2005 soon.

Deicide's masterpiece:

The Saga of Azeroth. New Stormwind looks A M A Z I N G
loving that Rebirth Gul'Dan too

Level 34
Try setting down the texture quality from the game settings. It should cause Warcraft III to skip loading the highest mipmap level of large textures. I would imagine that having massive memory savings for such asset spamming maps. The textures will also not be any worse than the standard Warcraft III ones.
Outside of style consistencies, there is no reason to update the icons. Warcraft III icons are 64x64 pixels. Even on a 1920x1080 display they are like 69 or 70 pixels odd. Since the icons do not use mipmaps, using a 128x128 icon would be counter productive due to aliasing artefacts on most display resolutions, similar to why HD textures for terrain is counter productive.
Yeah, i was just talking about esthetics :p , also some portraits looks kinda bad :c

Level 14
how bout this portrait

Ladies an gentlement I bring you Rebirths Gul'Dan dan and a Fel Grunt.

Gul'dan made entirely by Yourarthas

tell me does he give you WC3 feels? maybe you recognize the campaign too

Desktop%20Screenshot%202018.06.12%20-%2014.08.54.43_zpsy74bkyvm.png

Hellow guys i am tileset maker of Warcraft 3 Rebirth , and i rly need your help . Its mostly blending colors , but drawing 3d effect near alpha channel or adding decorations is welcome too :D

If anyone sign in to help , i will supply you with original quality in tga format (not 25% quality like in mod)

And i learnt some stuff so i can do way better,and i will ! I will have to rmk few areas they are pretty old...

You can find me on this thread in Textring and Surfacing and check Album Gallery

Warcraft 3 Tileset Rmk Development

Soon i will make request thread

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.