• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Twilight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Yeah, way to not make any sense there. It's two seperate mediums. If a movie reproduced everything, every little detail, into a movie, it would suck. Movies have to be written differently.

Look at LOTR. Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings is about as faithful an adaptation as you can get without wrecking the movie with pointless blathering.

En_Fuego: Peter Jackson would be bad at direction HP I think. It's not epic enough. Michael Bay would be even worse, since all he's good at it is high-octane over-the-top-omg-explosions action movies, which lack any form of humanity.

Level 15
I disagree completely about Peter Jackson. Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings are on-par in a lot of areas (imagine a wizard/witch duel where they actually do stuff). Sure it wouldn't be true to the book, but it'd be cooler.

Who brought up Michael Bay? o_O

Level 36
The guy at the top of this page.

But I don't think so. Really, each director has brought something new and different to the table. I like that. LOTR was just a cumulative building, as in it got more lolhax every time.

Of course, everyone knows that the best director was Alfonso Curan for Prisoner of Azkaban.

Level 36
It was not. Stylistically, Curan did amazing things with POA. It's definitely the best movie so far. The first two felt totally fake, kiddy bright pop flicks. Curan pulled the series down a darker road, which worked great. Goblet you geat Rage!Dumbledore and a hedge that tries to kill people. So, that leaves HBP to knock Prisoner off the top spot, and I don't know if even it will be able to.

Level 9
Hahaha, me and a friend were riding around town today. Ran into a very small camera crew. They were making a independent film I guess. They were filming a guy that looked like he's never been in the sun, very skinny and whiter than white. They filmed him walking in front of our forks high school. He'd walk in front of anything that had to do with twilight or said forks. He'd walk in front of it, look at it, and walk past. I thought this was pretty funny being that they said that it might make it to a big screen movie? Wow the great movie of walking and looking and walking some more XD

Level 5
i accidently post a topic in the wrong section..i was going to post voice morph in the sound topic and post twillight in this topic..but accidently got mixed up because i opened a lot of tabs..Sorry

Level 15
I'll admit it, I read it. The first 100 pages or so, and I DAMN NEAR THREW UP AS A RESULT OF IT! It's horrible.

For one, the story fails. Vampires aren't meant to love, all they've ever needed girls for is blood and pleasure (it's true..).

Second, the type of love they experience is something I like to call Obsession, or Obsessive love. Are you sure we want to tell girls all over the world that stalking and obsession is ok? A crush is ok. But that is just creepy.

There's my 2 cents on it.

Level 5
I'll admit it, I read it. The first 100 pages or so, and I DAMN NEAR THREW UP AS A RESULT OF IT! It's horrible.

For one, the story fails. Vampires aren't meant to love, all they've ever needed girls for is blood and pleasure (it's true..).

blood and pleasure lols yea i agree..oh yea u should watch the movie..the fighting scenes are not too bad i give it a 2.5/5

Level 5
Twillight = movie about vampires right?
Is it a new one cause ive seen a vampire movie called Twillight 7 times...first time 4 weeks ago.

Level 36
Because preteen girls think sex is icky. On top of that, Mormons are very careful about sex. Do you ever hear of a novel starring Mormon's who have sex before their weird marriage ritual? Of course not, because if you did they weren't Mormons.

After they do the freaky ritual thing (Which she cleverly disguises as being vampire, instead of LDS) they have freaky sex that results in him tearing the shit out of the bed and pillows and beating the shit out of her.

Of course she doesn't remember it, she just wakes up with an assload of bruises.

Really great messages this series sends, huh? God damn Mormons...

Level 9
Heh, I'd love to give an opinion on the whole twilight thing but.....living in Forks and having all the tourists showing up really really......really.......(enter explicits here)

But I guess the story is alright but nothing I'd go OMG's I must visit this town! for, and know not just kuz I live there.

Level 24
Because preteen girls think sex is icky. On top of that, Mormons are very careful about sex. Do you ever hear of a novel starring Mormon's who have sex before their weird marriage ritual? Of course not, because if you did they weren't Mormons.

After they do the freaky ritual thing (Which she cleverly disguises as being vampire, instead of LDS) they have freaky sex that results in him tearing the shit out of the bed and pillows and beating the shit out of her.

Of course she doesn't remember it, she just wakes up with an assload of bruises.

Really great messages this series sends, huh? God damn Mormons...
lol you actually read that shit.
ooooooooooooowned.

Level 34
You're really fucking stupid if you think I'd actually lose brain cells READING that thing.

No, I'm relying on accounts from poor souls that have actually read the books for the purpose of better making fun of them.
And that is why we love you.
I haven't even looked into the series. I knew there was vampires, and it had nothing to do with underworld-like vampires, ie. cool ones that wear tight leather and kick the shit out of other mythical beasts with guns and swords, and of course all the while being smoking hot. There's a book.

Level 19
Well.. Before reading this thread I had absolutly no idea what Twilight was, and I kinda wanted to eventually figure it out sometime, if I ever came to think of it in a situation where I would be able to do that, which I haven't been. So, now I kinda know that it's about vampire love. Wow. What a disappointment. It's probably gonna be one of those, everybody-watched-it-and-still-it's-shitty movies.

Last edited:
Level 12
Hai guise im a vampire from twailaigt lul.

I can outrun a speeding train, throw people around like rag dolls, read minds, shrug off bullets, kick ass, and all the chicks want to do me.

But I still manage to look and act like a pussy. No pre-marriage sex for me! No sir, that's just wrong.

Level 15
Well.. Before reading this thread I had absolutly no idea what Twilight was, and I kinda wanted to eventually figure it out sometime, if I ever came to think of it in a situation where I would be able to do that, which I haven't been. So, now I kinda know that it's about vampire love. Wow. What a disappointment. It's probably gonna be one of those, everybody-watched-it-and-still-it's-shitty movies.

Yeah, don't watch it...

Level 19
I have the first two.

My assessment is that somehow the series gets worse the more books you read. New Moon was painful to read, even with the insane wave of boredom that made me read both of them.

Please understand I got them for Christmas, and I had asked for the Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy instead.

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a great book. I highly recommend it. /off-topic

Alright, the Twilight movie... I'd rather get acquainted in prison then bare the horrible experience of watching the film again. I never called the girl afterward, it was too painful a thing to remember.

Level 24
And you got Twilight instead? The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is thin, why would they buy you those sex-less vampire-romance bricks?

I have the first two.

My assessment is that somehow the series gets worse the more books you read. New Moon was painful to read, even with the insane wave of boredom that made me read both of them.

Please understand I got them for Christmas, and I had asked for the Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy instead.

HAHAHAHAH!!! SAME HERE! Well, I didn't ask for Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Yes, I got the first two this Christmas and read them both. The first one was interesting at parts, but the second one was terrible. She learns how to ride a motorcycle, she jumps off a cliff, she goes to Italy. WHEW!

Level 9
Heh well we have had tourists stupid enough to ask if there are real vampires here in Forks........ya seriously........Our recent senior auction sold a signed twilight poster to some chick from Pennsylvania for 2,000 dollars.........yes I know.......

But there are good things about it.

"Hey baby, you ever been with a real vampire?" =D

Status
Not open for further replies.