• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Treasure Island

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Well This is my first map, so i wasn't expecting any wonders.

Keywords:
Warcraft,Ancient,Water,Water Fall,Treasure,Dragons,Lizard
Contents

Treasure Island (Map)

Reviews
17:58, 27th Feb 2009 Rui: I don't think you should upload your first maps here, you'll get harsh critique. [highlight]Rejected[/code]. Use EpicWar if you really want to have your map up for download.

M

17:58, 27th Feb 2009
Rui:
I don't think you should upload your first maps here, you'll get harsh critique.
[highlight]Rejected[/code]. Use EpicWar if you really want to have your map up for download.

Level 31
1. Very bad terrain / destructible / doodads. What's up with Waterfalls? Couldn't you make it worse?
2. Only two units in entire map drops items - inbalanced drop.
3. This is not melee map since you started using Custom Units.
4. Three Gold Mines at both start locations? Why not increasing one gold mine's amount of gold equal to three gold mines? Afterall, you must have only one gold mine nearly you, others must be quite far and protected by creeps.
5. The idea of spamming 13 items into one spot is horrible.
6. Creeps doesn't fits Tileset you are using, for example: You have Lordearon Summer Tileset and you are using Northrend units as Nerubian Spider Lord.
7. Too low amount of trees for receiving Lumber.
8. Change controller of Player 2 to user. Scenario > Player Properties > Player > Controller section and switch Computer into User. So people can play it in internet.
9. Your custom unit is badly done on Object editor, let's say it's health points and selection scale.
10. You set Start Locations too close to Gold Mines.
11. At the start, when passes some time, not much, Player 2 is being attacked by Red Dragons (Whelps too), that means, creeps are too close to your start location.
12. Very bad description, at hiveworkshop too.

I rate it by 1/5 without any mercy even if it's your first map. Hope you'll improve yourself.

Level 14
1. Very bad terrain / destructible / doodads. What's up with Waterfalls? Couldn't you make it worse?
2. Only two units in entire map drops items - inbalanced drop.
3. This is not melee map since you started using Custom Units.
4. Three Gold Mines at both start locations? Why not increasing one gold mine's amount of gold equal to three gold mines? Afterall, you must have only one gold mine nearly you, others must be quite far and protected by creeps.
5. The idea of spamming 13 items into one spot is horrible.
6. Creeps doesn't fits Tileset you are using, for example: You have Lordearon Summer Tileset and you are using Northrend units as Nerubian Spider Lord.
7. Too low amount of trees for receiving Lumber.
8. Change controller of Player 2 to user. Scenario > Player Properties > Player > Controller section and switch Computer into User. So people can play it in internet.
9. Your custom unit is badly done on Object editor, let's say it's health points and selection scale.
10. You set Start Locations too close to Gold Mines.
11. At the start, when passes some time, not much, Player 2 is being attacked by Red Dragons (Whelps too), that means, creeps are too close to your start location.
12. Very bad description, at hiveworkshop too.

I rate it by 1/5 without any mercy even if it's your first map. Hope you'll improve yourself.

well i dont say the map is so well made but i dunno why in every map revew u do u vote 1/5 no offence but dont u think its quite ''nooby'' to act like this?

from me i vote 2/5 ^^ i hope u improve it soon

Level 31
As Septimus would say: ''It's all for your own good''. I tell only the truth about this map and this truth tells us what kind of rating this file deserves. You rated it 2/5 for no reason. You're calling that a review?

I do not rate every map by 1/5. I would rate the first map of user worstly 2/5, but this time it's different. This is melee map. Melee map is easy mode that's why I think every mapper, even person that is begginer, should handle melee type of map not making so many mistakes. Admit it.

If someone wants to upload bad standard maps - go to EpicWar site and upload there where maps being uploaded 10 times in 5 minutes.

Noob is newbie that is new on somewhat. Can noob tell 12 mistakes of simple melee map? I don't think so.

Telling things that requires to be fixed is a good way to act. Creator should thank such people that tells stuff that can be improved. Licking ass and twaddle talking won't help. It'll just induce creator to keep creating bad quality maps.

Level 2
Thank you guyz for your reviews, ill make a really nice map next time.

By the way, APproject its not that easy to get to the cluster of items guarded by dragons (it has goblin mines all around it)