• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

The Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Alright, here is my submission, the Grave of Archimonde (or something like that). The cathedral is hidden behind the tree :p

Attachments

• ThePicture.jpg
    ThePicture.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 136
Level 36
God guys! Your giving me a hard time judging! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO GOOD?! :p

And famous, ye its not against the rules, but people who find a cleaver way to use my allready placed doodads will allways get some + on their terrain, you understand that right? :p

Level 10
Wait for me Frost... Umm nvm, I can't get anything to work on this dam animation crap. :slp:

Well I defiently lost to this one. :sad:

P.S. @Keiji
-That animation wont work, it displays the units motions/actions. But it won't do what I want, and does other ones I don't want. I'm confused... Since I imported a Kirby, is their special things I need to do, to get it to work? I tried on a Siege Machine, that thing didn't work either. So...

P.S.S.
-Well If your going to grade today, do it. The thing I did isn't any good. I can't get anything to work dam it.

Level 36
hmm.. it should work, anyways, I CAN set the judging on hold thill tomorrow if you wanna do your best to enter? Or you could wait thill the third picture and come strong back? :p Give me an answer and I'll do what you will right now ^^

Edit: If you havnt answerd in 10 mins from now I will start judging.

Level 36
It is time...

THE JUDGEMENT DAY HAS COME!!! (thunder in the background)

Dakho - your terrain is nice and gloomy, however, I can see the end of the world on your pic, also I feel like the green shrubs crash with the overall feeling of dark forestish thing.

FamousPker49 - An extremely well made oasis, the lighting and all. What I espesially like with it is your nose for details, how you got a little waterfall, trees pointing out in the background, made so that we'r to notice them. I actually sat down and tryed to see if you had eksidently put some grass or something in the two dirt holes you made, but nothing found...

Frostwhisper - I love your theme first and most foremostly! Also there is NO flaws in it whatsoever, and how you made unit models and terrain to match so perfectly together, its almost as a painting my friend.

i_brg_doom - Im going to be honest (as allways) your terrain is kind of plain and boring overall, and there is some faults, like I can view the end of the world even though you tryed to cover it, the selection sircle of the camera, we dont like :p But there is one thing I REALLY liked with your terrain; the cathedral, and guess what, you were the only one who found a way to use it! Credits for that ^^

Keiji - Best terrain I've ever seen! As if I should've done it myself... >.>

-Spirit Hunter- Your terrain is nice, green and gloomy, it got a good feeling hanging over it, and you have an eye for details for sure. Nevertheless, I can see the end of the world and I dont like it... :p

~Void~ - Good terrain, good plott, need I say more? No, seriously, a VERY well made terrain my friend. Everything match, the fog fits, the doodads, just everything...

X.e.r.e.X - Your terrain is nice and good, and I like it, also its a cool twist with the bridge, I would NEVER have thought of making a bridge for this terrain, but you pulled it off and it got quit good. When that is said, there is ONE thing draging your terrain down and its the first thing I noticed when I saw your terrain, the totally useless and all too much spam of grass models under the left tree, sorry :p

I hereby declare Frostwhisper to be the winner of the second Picture!!! ALL HAIL FROSTWHISPER!!!

Your all three winners in my eyes !

Last edited:

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Argh, you make me face a tough decision people.

Famous has this awesome atmosphere and tile variation.
Void has this wonderful setting, doodad placement and his tiles ain't pretty bad either.

After much staring into those pics, I've managed to find something a tad better in Void's pic: the overall atmosphere and doodad placement. That, and the fact that it's a tad more original than the tropical scene swayed my vote.

So yeah... I'll place my vote for Void, though now I have a great weight on my heart.

Like Keiji said, you're both winners people, I'm glad to have competed with ya.
And thank you Famous, for your vote. Thank you very much :\

Level 36
So, here comes the third one:

The rules:

Things not to change:

- Removal of the doodads allready places.
- Camera Angle.
- If I have made a hill, a sea or any form for hight, DONT touch it :p

Things to change:

- Add own doodads.
- Add and edit effects and weather.
- add/Set/edit fog range and distance.
- Add and Edit the Tiles.
- Hight variation wherever except what I allready made.

And remember! THIS IS THE PICTURE!!!

Attachments

• The Picture 3.jpg
    The Picture 3.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 127
  • The Picture 3.w3x
    4 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Level 10
Ooohh! Now that is something very nice to work with. I can see a Ruins in their easily >.<.

Edit: You said not to change Height Variation, well can you be a bit more flexible, or allow us to do that? Honestly flat terrain is something I don't think Frost/Void/Pker/etc... will like. Well dunno... but just mabey.... hmm... dam it... my mom is pestering me again.

Level 36
Wouldnt have made too much of a difference if you voted anyways, cause either:

A. You would have voted for Famous, and therefor there it would've been 1 1 1 to each of you and i would have had to vote the last vote, which would've been frosty.
B. You would've voted for frosty and he would've won.

Either way frost would've won :p

Level 36
Challanging? :p I'll come up with a better one next time... :( soori :(

Ooohh! Now that is something very nice to work with. I can see a Ruins in their easily >.<.

Edit: You said not to change Height Variation, well can you be a bit more flexible, or allow us to do that? Honestly flat terrain is something I don't think Frost/Void/Pker/etc... will like. Well dunno... but just mabey.... hmm... dam it... my mom is pestering me again.

You can change it! But the rule might be alittle confusing, will fix that soon enough, it sais you cant change the hight IF I HAVE ALLREADY MADE ONE, which i havnt, so you can change hight everywhere you wish, and if allready made one your free to change it anywhere else too :p

Status
Not open for further replies.