• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

The Future of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
New hero new hero new hero new hero new hero new hero new hero new hero new hero new hero new hero new hero new hero...
We need new hero for models and abilities, models and abilities, models and abilities, models and abilities, models and abilities, models and abilities, models and abilities, models and abilities, models and abilities, models and abilities, models and abilities, models and abilities....

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
We need new hero for models and abilities, models and abilities, models and abilities, models and abilities, models and abilities, models and abilities, models and abilities, models and abilities, models and abilities, models and abilities, models and abilities, models and abilities....
Not even kidding; as a ardent acolyte of the Object Editor, I cannot express in so few words just how amazingly-useful just the 3 additional "Patch" Tavern heroes (Tinker, Alchemist, Firelord) are to my modding. Not to mention "cool" (I still fangasm over the Firelord occasionally). Robo-Goblin, Demolish, Acid Bomb, Pocket Factory, (Factory), Summon Lava Spawn, Incinerate, Engineering Upgrade for crying out loud... Such amazing stuff. I hope to showcase all of the wonders I've concocted from those few abilities alone, someday.

Anyway, totes excited for the (incredibly unlikelihood) of a new Tavern hero. : )

Level 27
Don't expect anything from this list to be fulfilled but here's my wish list:

• Better handling of leaks, I remember there was some 3rd party program designed to detect them, but it's outdated, a built in leak detection would be sweet.
  • Minor reimplentations of things that should be easy to implement but don't work or were never finished, such as detection abilities detecting both types of stealth even if you set them to only detect burrowed or invisible units. Correct me if that was fixed already, I might be wrong. In any case while unused ingame such functionality was apparently planned and I'm multiple applications can be found in custom maps.
  • Ability to change the interface button placement on command card. I'm talking about commands like patrol or hold position, apparently you already can do that by importing a file but it's somewhat iffy, heard it causes issues.
  • Several brand new abilities exclusively for custom maps, something that's not too hard to implement, say copies of abilities like Berserk (there are very few abilities triggerable without cancelling current commands) with different effects, say magic resistance or health regeneration instead, though that's not necessary as long as we at very least get a dummy ability of a type that's rare in current game.
  • Ability that gives any unit who has it active another ability, to create items similar to cloak that gives you hide ability at night.
  • Exposure of extra variables in abilities, where it's easy to implement and some applications can be found, say allowing mechanical critter ability to spawn specific units not critters from critter pool.
  • Addition of unused WC3 assets that never shipped with the base game, but still function, if any are present and remain in archives, at least as a separate download.
  • Creation of proper modding tutorials for newcomers for once, not the basic junk like SC2 ones. Extra tooltips and editor data field descriptions would be nice but time consuming to implement.
  • At very least the doubling of max filesize for maps, I wouldn't mind more but I know people from more remote locations and with bad internet wouldn't be pleased by particularly high numbers.
  • Unit count on limit and/or requirements that prevent you from doing something if you have a certain unit or upgrade.
  • Ability to automatically import current map's data into the AI editor.
As you see most of my requests are centered around accessibility of modding. I just don't see any point in expanding the advanced functionality of modding tools when there is StarCraft 2, I'd rather Blizz would experiment with modding tools taking them in a different direction from SC2 whose tool complexity contributed to smaller modding scene. I don't expect these features to boost the WC3s modding scene greatly, but I do believe it will make it more appealing as the first game to mod for anyone interested in modding games.

EDIT: geez I make a lot of typos.

Level 12
But if people want more, definitely voice it here!
People saying they want 16/32mb and nothing more are just thinking within their own borders. Think about for example Skyrims total conversion mods, which are huge but take the game to new heights and get it a big amount of publicity.
If someone wants to do something like this in wc3, he/she should be able to.

Saying that some maps will be bloated with useless/unoptimized stuff is a small argument, it vanishes against the benefits. If one doesnt want to download a 500mb map, another one might want to, especially if it is a well made totally new game.
15 years ago 8mb was considered big in regards to (upload/)download size, right now 500mb is considered big, in another 10 years it won't be.

Setting the limit to 500mb/1gb doesn't mean that all maps will have that size. After years there will be ~15 mediocre ones which will not be played much and ~3 really good ones coming near the size limit.

Reactions: pyf
Level 23
Not even kidding; as a ardent acolyte of the Object Editor, I cannot express in so few words just how amazingly-useful just the 3 additional "Patch" Tavern heroes (Tinker, Alchemist, Firelord) are to my modding. Not to mention "cool" (I still fangasm over the Firelord occasionally). Robo-Goblin, Demolish, Acid Bomb, Pocket Factory, (Factory), Summon Lava Spawn, Incinerate, Engineering Upgrade for crying out loud... Such amazing stuff. I hope to showcase all of the wonders I've concocted from those few abilities alone, someday.
Agreed -- new (consistent) art assets and new base abilities would be mucho useful.

New heroes, new creeps, new doodads, new animation sets... I want them all. New tilesets? ... Oh wait, now I'm just asking for a new Rexxar campaign again. :grin:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Agreed -- new (consistent) art assets and new base abilities would be mucho useful.

New heroes, new creeps, new doodads, new animation sets... I want them all. New tilesets? ... Oh wait, now I'm just asking for a new Rexxar campaign again. :grin:
Please, let's not be absurd. A whole new campaign is a lot of work and there are the players who do that, even surpassing Blizzard's genius. Models, abilities? The same, fans do a lot of them.

What would be nice though, would be if they filled the black squares in the Tavern with new/original heroes.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Quoted from WoW Wiki, about Warcraft II: Battle.net Edition (1999) :
" Blizzard's original plans to include an additional all-new Warcraft II [BNE] campaign were scrapped in the interest of emphasizing Battle.net Edition's true intent: to provide the classic Warcraft II as is, with extensive multiplayer support and a few select gameplay enhancements. "

Therefore, if Blizzard decides not to make a new campaign, it might also be in order not to alter the original Classic game experience (tm).

But if they decide to create a new campaign, then I personally would suggest they keep using the Hub system, introduced in the Rexxar campaign. I would also suggest the cutscene interludes be done (and the original ones remastered in the process) the same way ArthasIllidanFight was done, if possible or appropriate. Of course, this major change in style would be optional (per user-setting).

During TFT's game development, Blizzard explored new techniques in storytelling, and wished to push / experiment with their 3D engine's possibilities further. This is why the Rexxar campaign and the last interlude differ significantly from the general style of the entire game.

Other experimental, unused leftovers within the mpq, corroborate this.

Back then, Blizzard could not use the game engine's possibilities to the fullest, because of time/budget/production constraints. It may be done now. And it would reinforce Blizzard's brand and public image.

Blizzard is already well known for his outstanding FMV work, and therefore visual storytelling. Using such visual storytelling techniques in interlude cutscenes, would bring more internal coherence/depth in the game's story/world, and reinforce Blizzard's positive image in the visual narrative field.

Using such cinematographic techniques as much as possible also tie-in with Blizzard Entertainment's first foray into live motion pictures. Thus creating coherence, continuity and synergy throughout different media (video gaming and movies).

...if that is indeed Blizzard's goal as an international company, that is.

It is not the costs that matter, it is the global benefits which can be obtained within the next six months.

It is not uncommon even a game developer does not realize the *real* possibilities gamewise of his very own game engine. For example, in the original Doom game, you can finish the original full game (which had three episodes) without running, even though the Doomguy can run from the very start. So what was running for, gamewise ? Released later, the fourth episode, made running mandatory in order to finish the game.

**edit**
Please also see here

Last edited:

pyf

pyf

Level 32
But if they decide to create a new campaign, then I personally would suggest they keep using the Hub system, introduced in the Rexxar campaign. I would also suggest the cutscene interludes be done (and the original ones remastered in the process) the same way ArthasIllidanFight was done, if possible or appropriate. Of course, this major change in style would be optional (per user-setting).
[blah blah blah]

(expanding on my previous post's ideas)

Behold, the difference between FMVs and actual gameplay

For Warcraft 3, the bridge between the two are remastered campaign interludes, using the game's 3D engine.

Using it limits costs, and helps preserve the Classic gaming experience.

*Any* remastered asset can be stored in a new mpq file, which is loaded (if it exists in WC3's folder) right after War3Patch.mpq. The patch file is the very first file opened by the game when it loads its data. That new mpq file would come second, before the standard game mpqs.

This would allow both full compatibility, and total optionality. The file could even be deleted/moved elsewhere, if considered useless / too big by some players / modders. Thus giving the player the real power to choose.
But there are other reasons, hehe.

Some remastered WC3 assets have already been done last year for SC2. Blizzard can adapt them for the WC3 engine, and use them in the remastered cutscenes. Blizzard can finetune the whole scenery to balance speed / polycount / aesthetics / cinematography.

It can be done technically,
It should be done, practically,

...because 25% of the work has already been done. Not pushing things further would be missing a golden opportunity here. That is, to reinforce Blizzard's brand as a master of visual storytelling.

In the movies industry, a long time ago, there was that bearded guy. He was thinking things in pictures, and so he wanted to make movies. He believed with force in the power of strong, dynamic visual storytelling. He also was convinced this could serve the story too, and keep the viewer entertained. He also believed in groundbreaking technology, always pushing the limits further as he explored new things. He was a pioneer.

He wanted to make a science fiction movie.
Based on his own universe he had devised from the ground up.

In 1977, he finally did it.

His name is George Lucas.

I vaguely heard he kinda succeeded in the movie and merchandising business :grin:

Oh, btw, he also owned something named LucasArts, too.

Last edited:

pyf

pyf

Level 32
You are right. With my last sentence, I was expanding and generalizing here, about how difficult it seems for Blizzard to sanitize their online gaming experience as a whole.

Tleno said:
This is nice, bots were always a scourge of battle.net, would be nice to see them tackled. I wonder how, though.

Originally Posted by pyf
So do I.

Quoting official developer sources for Diablo II, "Spammers still making us all sad. We’re working on it."

I am wondering whether or not Diablo II is being used as a testbed for some countermeasures. If successful and applicable, they would then be implemented in the other games.

This might explain why there is still no StarCraft patch yet. The SC community already knows how to fix the hardware issues ("rainbow" bug). Online gaming is a different story, though...

Level 14
Give me way to choose if i like RoC music&background on TFT bnet, cuz RoC had this feel to it, good for waiting looking for it, rain was also very pleasant to hear, you could stay in this nice trance waiting for lobby to fill up as in 2004-2011 in RoC when i used to play it before i finaly got TFT back(copies i played before were lost, without goin into detail), tough it feels totally different music is to high paced or epic at times for something like this, beside i still preffer RoC's background both visuals and music(and rain/wind/storm sounds) than this, and option to make TFT use it would be nice, cuz i dont want to mess around with files or 2 media players to replicate it while Blizz would easily squeeze in such option, + ofc what i said previously in other reply.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Give me way to choose if i like RoC music&background on TFT bnet,
What the heck are you talking about? The Frozen Throne only added up one song for each race, King Arthas of Lordaeron, Dark Agents, The Frozen Throne (main menu), Illidan's Stormrage, Lady Vashj of the Naga, In Pursuit of Illidan, Vengeance of the Blood Elves, The Orcish Hordes (a remake of Warcraft II song) and The Lich King.
What exactly are you writing about? Or are you saying the RoC music (I'm referring to the other songs than the racial ones because the latter still play) doesn't play anymore?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't remember this being addressed: what if they make one hero for the tavern one hero from their map (8)FunnyBunnysEggHunt.w3x? That would be fun.

Last edited:
Level 27
Give me way to choose if i like RoC music&background on TFT bnet, cuz RoC had this feel to it, good for waiting looking for it, rain was also very pleasant to hear, you could stay in this nice trance waiting for lobby to fill up as in 2004-2011 in RoC when i used to play it before i finaly got TFT back(copies i played before were lost, without goin into detail), tough it feels totally different music is to high paced or epic at times for something like this, beside i still preffer RoC's background both visuals and music(and rain/wind/storm sounds) than this, and option to make TFT use it would be nice, cuz i dont want to mess around with files or 2 media players to replicate it while Blizz would easily squeeze in such option, + ofc what i said previously in other reply.

You know, you can always disable the ingame music and set up any soundtrack you like with a music player.

Level 14
What the heck are you talking about? The Frozen Throne only added up one song for each race, King Arthas of Lordaeron, Dark Agents, The Frozen Throne (main menu), Illidan's Stormrage, Lady Vashj of the Naga, In Pursuit of Illidan, Vengeance of the Blood Elves, The Orcish Hordes (a remake of Warcraft II song) and The Lich King.
What exactly are you writing about? Or are you saying the RoC music (I'm referring to the other songs than the racial ones because the latter still play) doesn't play anymore?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't remember this being addressed: what if they make one hero for the tavern one hero from their map (8)FunnyBunnysEggHunt.w3x? That would be fun.
In Bnet they dont play at all, only TFT new added stuff. I'm used to sounds of RoC bnet, it's more calm and fitting for both waiting and spending time on bnet in custom game lobbies or channel, while TFT music is not. I would like official option to choose bnet background and music, setting two players to have wind/storm sounds and music from RoC is really to much of a bother for me and on top of that all Bnet activity except ranked melee in RoC moved to TFT. Custom games are dead in there, and i still want to have same feel on virtually same battle.net.

Editing files just for it is illegal aswell so Blizz make just switch in options to use RoC backgrounds and music for TFT. Over it i would also want finaly to have replays compatibility, fixes to few gui triggers that dont work(ex. hero limit), memory issues(memory coulnd not be read mess, it's annoying and suprisingly got more frequent with "compatibility" patch, fixing several bnet issues: native Hosting sevice to be fixed and no more need stupid forwarding which for many people doesnt even fix it(on some makes of routers it's not effective at all), sudden crashes of connection with bnet via hosting services at times.
About replay again, option to rewind as in Sc2 if possible, if not more options to speed up or jump to secotors of replay, and option to go backwards + chat log for it not useless archive of messages like "Your/Allies hero dies lvl bla blah blah).
WE: few gui triggers issues(few dont work at all in the way they should, like hero limit which doesnt work + whole thing with custom/campaign heroes vs native melee heroes and item givin), optimization of imports(they tend to corrupt), some support to avoid memory leaks(it would be ingame optimalizations aswell), increased map size limits, map size.

It's list Blizz MUST to do, cuz at current Wc3 is in weird state after 1.27, very many people with win10 i know have giant issues with reasonless crashes with no memory dump from the games, connection issues on bnet and all OS' issues with stupid "memory could not be read" error, blizz should fix that, aswell work around connection stability cuz that's issue aswell. If they fix it all it will be much better for everyone

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Over it i would also want finaly to have replays compatibility
That would indeed be rad but I think they'd have to turn it into some kind of movie (which would ruin the viewing options like: seeing what other players did in the meantime). Another way could be for them to create a database of all patches and their modifications of the game so that when you'd watch a replay, it would play for that version without having to patch the game every time.

Level 14
Ah, new thing, all people in my house cant run Warcraft III after 27, Blizz Yay, Great company from the past which turned into into EA alike in every possible way! They have MSVCR120.dll errrors cuz you forgot to add Virtual C++ thing. Fix it please. Same with other stuff. How small pity """COMPATIBILITY""" patch, can cause so much mess(it caused exacly opposite in many ways, including "Memory coulnd not be..." stuff, sudden reasonless crashes on win10 etc; btw yeah that's why it's in triple in qoutes) and also revert compatibility for virtualy identical replays(no stats where changed, that's one of the things that annoys me the most).

Start to listen, and dont accidently kill hosting bots by your children degree lost perception in all requests, cuz it's about ranked games bots and bots that occassionaly join custom games and stay afk for whole game. Hosting bots arent issue, also whole list of mine in my previous post! Look it up Blizz! it's your MUST, not MAY. Do it, also as adition to the list, some proposal, do some limited time giveaway with wc3 like Valve did with L4D2, we would use some fresh blood, and we wont get it with game that doesnt go down on prices and is 15 years old. Or maybe some super off or very low price, cuz you know, i am around warcraft for over a decade, i seen it change, i seen how personal hosting fades out almost entirely on Battlenet, and decreasing amount of people, from what was swift brief waiting for a game, and many custom games that you wont even find today(i remember direct remake of Counter Strike Dust II in RoC in around 2006-7, it was not that Counter Strike TD) now only bot hosted popular maps are played in RoC or actualy one and the only - Risk Revo. In TFT situation is far better becasue of Ent hosting and MakeMehost. Fix all that i posted in previous post and add that small feature for me to choose i like my WC3 TFT look and sound like RoC in menu and Battle net, cuz lets not fool each other, TFT became main thing due well both hosting issues, RoC's over all death at these fields and few more factors(well better maps for customs, more capabilities, harder ranked games so on). Please read my list(previous post of mine) and take them into account, it's MUST do for you.

Start to listen, and dont accidently kill hosting bots by your children degree lost perception in all requests, cuz it's about ranked games bots and bots that occassionaly join custom games and stay afk for whole game. Hosting bots arent issue, also whole list of mine in my previous post! Look it up Blizz! it's your MUST, not MAY. Do it, also as adition to the list, some proposal, do some limited time giveaway with wc3 like Valve did with L4D2, we would use some fresh blood, and we wont get it with game that doesnt go down on prices and is 15 years old. Or maybe some super off or very low price, cuz you know, i am around warcraft for over a decade, i seen it change, i seen how personal hosting fades out almost entirely on Battlenet, and decreasing amount of people, from what was swift brief waiting for a game, and many custom games that you wont even find today(i remember direct remake of Counter Strike Dust II in RoC in around 2006-7, it was not that Counter Strike TD) now only bot hosted popular maps are played in RoC or actualy one and the only - Risk Revo. In TFT situation is far better becasue of Ent hosting and MakeMehost. Fix all that i posted in previous post and add that small feature for me to choose i like my WC3 TFT look and sound like RoC in menu and Battle net, cuz lets not fool each other, TFT became main thing due well both hosting issues, RoC's over all death at these fields and few more factors(well better maps for customs, more capabilities, harder ranked games so on). Please read my list(previous post of mine) and take them into account, it's MUST do for you.
"I have no idea what I'm talking about, but here's a giant wall of text with messy grammar, slammed into a whole lot of hyperbole. Oh an plz make the game cheaper because I don't like paying a tiny amount of dollars for literally hundreds of hours of fun."

I have a feeling they will take your "must" serious.

Level 19
"I have no idea what I'm talking about, but here's a giant wall of text with messy grammar, slammed into a whole lot of hyperbole. Oh an plz make the game cheaper because I don't like paying a tiny amount of dollars for literally hundreds of hours of fun."

I have a feeling they will take your "must" serious.

he has a single point though, regarding blizz should address game's key problems, which isn't windows 10 but hosts.

but requesting giveaway for $10 game is kinda.. useless idea? even for Russia it's cheap

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Ah, new thing, [...]

Video games may be offered as birthday presents, by family members or relatives.

If you must buy them, then I suggest you wait until it is the right moment. In France, prices for classic Blizzard games may drop, from time to time, to as low as 7 / 8 Euros per game+extension in retail stores.

Best deal I ever did, was when [Planète] Saturn closed its shops in France (which is a real pity). I was able to buy there SC+BW+DII+LoD+WC3+TFT, all for the whopping price of... 5 Euro. That is, less than 1 Euro per game/extension.

Regarding some of your other complaints :

- Replays : please try ReplayKit

- Issues (and solutions)
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/patch-discussion-728/bugs-issues-277415/

Reinstalling the game from your official CD might fix issues, depending on whatever extra files you might have in your WC3 directory.

- about msvcr120.dll (part of the VC++ 2013 runtime)
http://us.battle.net/en/forum/topic/20742944843

I point out *you* should install Microsoft's VC++ runtimes, when Microsoft releases them. Regarding VC++, this includes VC++2015, 2013, 2012, 2010, 2008. It applies to other runtimes, too. It is your responsibility to take care of your computer in the first place.

- Clásico posts on Battle.net
http://us.battle.net/en/search?f=post&a=Clásico&sort=time

- Classic's posts on Battle.net
http://us.battle.net/en/search?f=post&a=Classic&sort=time

Lastly, I would suggest you please try to use paragraphs here and there.

Last edited:
Level 14
It's not my issues but issue of every other pc in the house, that has no virtual c++ installed by user. I wont make up for Blizz's laziness, Memory couldnot be read/written is unfixible for user, it requires giant amount of ram as semi solution. It's Blizz's duty to fix that, and rest of that stuff. It's most of it is easy stuff for them to make, hardest being memory errors and compatibility and they should work on that, we dont need much balancing yet, cuz races are just made in not mirror balancing so there will be differences in amounts of units having specific qualities and roles as someone said prior. And Blizz said they will work on such stuff while it's not needed, what is needed is this:
-Official Replay compatibility, Rewind options, or if impossible on this engine some kind of substitiude like jumping to later parts of replay, backwards playin etc.
-Memory Could not be read/written errors(plague, they NEED to fix it)
-reasonless crashing on Win10(shuts down the application for some people with no crashlog information, it's separate from memory error)
-Hosting with native game option
-Battle net imporvements, more friends on the list, improved communication and information, chat imrovements
-fixing their own mistakes committed with 27 "compatibility patch" that's it and they NEED to make these happen, and i dont know get some decent people who actualy seen warcraft 3 dev kits/tools or whatever they were doin, cuz basic mistakes like one with C++ library, and reverse effects to what patch was supposed to do it just .....tragic. It increased rate at which game crashes at some bigger maps.

It gives me feeling like all people who worked on patches since 2001 till 2014 are fired or dead, cuz this stuff which is happening now is just horrific. If you happen to actualy check somefing than your hermetic Bnet forums Look here and make all stuff in that very short list happen, and it doesnt include my little thing that i can live without off, tough it would take literaly 30 seconds to make it a button in options since all of that is in game files.

-Official Replay compatibility, Rewind options, or if impossible on this engine some kind of substitiude like jumping to later parts of replay, backwards playin etc.
Who the fuck cares about replays?

-Memory Could not be read/written errors(plague, they NEED to fix it)
What the hell are you talking about? Are you sure you aren't just playing maps with buggy code? I have never seen these memory errors in normal games.

- reasonless crashing on Win10(shuts down the application for some people with no crashlog information, it's separate from memory error)
I am using W10 and never had a crash out of nowhere.

-fixing their own mistakes committed with 27 "compatibility patch"
What mistakes exactly?

At this point, you are just throwing baseless accusations around with no real proof that these problems are not caused on your end.

Level 23
Who the fuck cares about replays?

Actually, being able to play replays like a normal video would be nice. I used to watch replays when analyzing melee matches of professional players. It would offer more functionality than a normal video because you can control the camera and perspective in a replay.

Level 14
1)Some people do, for instance roleplayers.

2)Then you must have a beast of a PC then, cuz it's happens all the time after 27 released on bigger customs(over 5mb i guess), previously it was much less frequent and actualy caused by maps bad coding(Titan Land KoT for instance, tough it could be played as first map after WC3 launch without initial loading crash and for many hours safely prior to 26), but now it happens on many maps of bigger size, and when i look at crash logs there is no pattern there is no same thing causing it, it's all random, and doesnt happen to all people in lobby, just part, and some a left safely in game. It's happening this way after 27 and it's entirely random. Coding of maps it started to happen in is very good, before(26) it didnt cause a single issue.

Conclusion is simple it's fault of game after the patch having some stupid issues with memory drawing which allows only few people to keep on playing for some reason(every time few people survive said crashes, i dont know if it's because their harware but majority crashed and it cant be fault of crash by the map cuz it would drop all people from the game, fatal errors caused by coding would crash every one not some)

3) it happens to several friends of mine on win10, game just shutsdown to desktop with very brief sigh of error window not showing anything and creating crash log which has only date in itself, no memory dump or any kind of information from normal crash log.

4)simply, achieving opposite by pity little patch no one ever demanded(who is playing WC3 on Mac?)"Compatibily" patch caused reverse effects worsening said stability it was to achieve, and that's what is their mistake they should immediently fix. Memory could not be read issue and all they broke with 1.27 should be immediently fixed, or patch should be reverted, and game should return to previous build, because these issues werent aparent there...

Level 27
1)Some people do, for instance roleplayers.

2)Then you must have a beast of a PC then, cuz it's happens all the time after 27 released on bigger customs(over 5mb i guess), previously it was much less frequent and actualy caused by maps bad coding(Titan Land KoT for instance, tough it could be played as first map after WC3 launch without initial loading crash and for many hours safely prior to 26), but now it happens on many maps of bigger size, and when i look at crash logs there is no pattern there is no same thing causing it, it's all random, and doesnt happen to all people in lobby, just part, and some a left safely in game. It's happening this way after 27 and it's entirely random. Coding of maps it started to happen in is very good, before(26) it didnt cause a single issue.

Conclusion is simple it's fault of game after the patch having some stupid issues with memory drawing which allows only few people to keep on playing for some reason(every time few people survive said crashes, i dont know if it's because their harware but majority crashed and it cant be fault of crash by the map cuz it would drop all people from the game, fatal errors caused by coding would crash every one not some)

3) it happens to several friends of mine on win10, game just shutsdown to desktop with very brief sigh of error window not showing anything and creating crash log which has only date in itself, no memory dump or any kind of information from normal crash log.

4)simply, achieving opposite by pity little patch no one ever demanded(who is playing WC3 on Mac?)"Compatibily" patch caused reverse effects worsening said stability it was to achieve, and that's what is their mistake they should immediently fix. Memory could not be read issue and all they broke with 1.27 should be immediently fixed, or patch should be reverted, and game should return to previous build, because these issues werent aparent there...

At least from what I'm gathering from here replay functionality like that would be a pain in the ass to implement. Also, if your computer can run Win10 it should be able to run Warcraft 3 in parallel with OBS or other free, open-source recording tool.

As for those crashes, are you sure you just don't lack some libraries or something? Have you experimented running in compatibility mode for WinXp or something? I mean, geez, I run this on Win8 and I have zero issues, it appears to be you are projecting your own individual compatibility issues as a universal problem whereas many other posters here have claimed they didn't experience anything similar. And if you are exaggerating an individual issue, why the heck should Blizzard revert this quick fix patch? Can you prove this issue is any more common than people playing Warcraft 3 on macs?

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Incredible! Trust me people, no matter how new or cool or anything else a game seems to be, none of them will be as complex as Warcraft 3. Because of its World Editor program, people create their own games, exactly as they ever dreamed. I wouldn't imagine life without working in World Editor or playing Warcraft. And I am sure the rest of you think the same. Long live the Warcraft 3 era!

Status
Not open for further replies.