• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The C Market Fanclub! ( SOTHM and TLP )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Well, just having the software(which, btw, comes by default with any modern windows) isn't good enough. Can you really voice act? In English, mind you.

I tell you, all this waiting and constant cancellations have really been demoralizing. Recently I got another voice actor cancellation and a modeler that was working on something for part 4 canceled as well. Really lost the will to map. :(

Level 14
What now? No idea. If I don't get all the voices by the end of summer I might release the unvoiced version and then possibly later add the voices. The problem is what happens after that. I really can't see myself doing two or three more chapters and waiting for the bloody voice actors every single time. It's tiring, frustrating and demoralizing.

Level 16
CMarket just go out and hang with your friends bring a recorder and ask them to say a bit. Then use there voices get your mother or father involved in the voice acting its not to hard.

Level 14
I don't live in England or America. I live in Serbia. Most of me friends have the ability to speak English but with a horrible accent and no fluency whatsoever and some even lack the ability to speak it at all. Both my parents barely know enough to read a restaurant menu, let alone speak fluently.

That's the problem. If I had friends in real life who qualify for a, at the very least, mediocre voice actor I would have used them a long time ago.

Level 14
I have a question for you guys. In an eerie scene, for example walking through a graveyard or a dark corridor would you rather have some creepy music playing in the background(which wouldn't be too loud of course) or complete silence. My theory is that if complete silence was in a scene like that the viewers would be on the edge of their chairs the whole scene, just waiting for something to jump out of the darkness, or a sound to break the silence. Do you think frightening with silence is possible or should I just stick with some quiet background music?

Level 1
What now? No idea. If I don't get all the voices by the end of summer I might release the unvoiced version and then possibly later add the voices. The problem is what happens after that. I really can't see myself doing two or three more chapters and waiting for the bloody voice actors every single time. It's tiring, frustrating and demoralizing.
You cinematic are good enough for the viewers even without the voice actors. Choose background music instead of voice acting. They will be easier to find.

a suddenly slowing-down heartbeat? that's guarantied to freak people out >3
Seconded.

Level 17
Well, a mother does not have to be a male or female. A mother is the source of creation, which is where the term "Holy Mother" comes from.

Level 21
Ok about the Clown.
Quality was excellent. And imported doodads were great (are all from give? I couldn't never find water for example). But because it was more of psychological horror I didn't enjoy much. Don;t get me wrong it was made excellent but I personally don't like things like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.