• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Big-Ass Vacation Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
...soon to be anyway, eventually.. Hopefully... >.>

So, yeah! Considering our grand master-plan of a get-together failed utterly and extraordinarily beautifully.
I got this other idea for a related topic. So, the idea is; we're all going on vacations somewhere, sometimes.
And it just so happen that we've got a community with a rather colorful entourage of nationalities, so odds
are that wherever you're going, there's going to be a Hiver living there.

Point is, if you ever feel like meeting up with another hiver, you come to this thread and you advertise
your journey, in the hopes that there'll be someone worth visiting or to come visiting you. Other than that
there's always the possibility of using this thread for information purposes, such as talking to a hiver from
where you're going to advice you on what you should do or where you should go. Or, you could plain
out talk about different places you've been or are going, in a general manner.

I rate this thread "Site Discussion" because it concerns the members of this site, and our well-being. And a site is nothing if not for it's members.

Level 36
I can do better, I can link you the thread: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/off-topic-478/call-out-first-hive-get-together-204189/

Might work - for now I am just going to a festival :p

Data, data, data... I can't make clay without bricks, oh wai-

Personally, I'm going to Roskilde in about two/three days time myself and it's fuckin' going to be amazing. I know there's a fair tribe of hivers over in Denmark, but it's rather too late to start planning to meet up with someone on such short notice, so I'll just stick to this: Anyone else going to Roskilde this year?

Level 34
Sometimes Canada makes me sad. It's just too big. There's plenty of Canadians on here, but we live pretty spread out. goblin, brad, me, donut, poot, hawkwing. All great guys, but unfortunately all guys I will never meet.

Level 36
So yeah, as Le' Baron mentioned, this thread has now had it's first successful achievement, me and he met up (if only for a short time) at Roskilde, and it was great fun.

Now, Roskilde was amazing, mostly. We got to see Bendik, Chinese Man, Of Monsters and Men, Metallica, Queens of the Stoneage, Turbonegro, Slipknot, Kvelertak and Kraftwerk. Most of which was totally amazing, though my two best experiences must have been Turbonegro, for being a whole lot fucking better than I'd expected and Kvelertak (which I've seen three times before) for never failing to deliver a damned grand experience, I guess Kvelertak was my best one, cause that's where I was personally at my best state for a concert and after the concert was over I was totally exhausted and couldn't talk for shit.

Other than that, the festival as a complete package was great fun, we met a lot of nice Danes, a lot of people we knew and mostly had a great time drinking and just dicking around, even though things were stolen from us like constantly. I can say, I've been to my fair shares of festivals, but not a single one of them has been as bad as Roskilde theft-wise, so my recommendation for anyone travelling there is: Have a safe room in your tent and keep a lock on the lid at all times when you're not around.

Keep on travelin', my friends.

Level 35
I can say, I've been to my fair shares of festivals, but not a single one of them has been as bad as Roskilde theft-wise, so my recommendation for anyone travelling there is: Have a safe room in your tent and keep a lock on the lid at all times when you're not around.

Keep on travelin', my friends.

Yea though the cases of reported thefts was actually lower this year, one should never leave anything of interest for others visible.

And it was great fun indeed :smile: Oh and I did get to the pit.

Status
Not open for further replies.